Boy the bad news bombs are dropping hard and fast now!

Transairion

Looks like I'm losing all the 10k affection achievements I worked up to (including two Sith Warriors for Jaesa, as well as Imperial/Republic HK and Treek) and not getting anything in exchange save progress I'd already have anyway towards Alliance relations/achievements.

Losing all the reusables my Biochem and Cybertech kept despite being lower DPS than newer ones, so I guess outside my main I'm not using stims or anything period anymore (I've got better things to do than farm mats for a one-off buff). My main's Cybertech also lost droid parts, gained nothing there, and lost armorings, and gained... enhancements I guess? If armorings didn't determine armor level and basically have the most value as a result outside hilts/barrels, I guess it wouldn't be a big deal.

Also it seems a lot of the at-launch Ops rewards items, like Rakata Energy Nodes and that kind of thing are being converted to something else come KOTFE. So far they're more or less only used in Dark Projects, which I was about to craft 50 of for the title... am I meant to do that now, or wait? What are they being converted into it? Am I gonna have like 500 rare mats suddenly turn into freaking Flux and have to grind out some OTHER new, rare mats for Dark Projects??

At least we're getting new info from official sources, I guess.

Edited by Transairion

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That`s good news! The affection achievements are real pain. I prefer to kill 1000 mobs rather than buying expensive gifts.

Well, that's the thing really.

You'll still have to "max" their affection under Alliance to have the best combat-capable companion out there. A companion with 0 affection ("Influence", now) isn't going to be nearly as strong as someone who has it maxed out, and Alliance raises that from 10k to like.... 50k I believe. It has tiers now at least from the info out there.

Achievements are optional too, you never had to do them. Having done them all just to have them taken away is pretty lame though, not even just made 0 pointers and put somewhere else for me to look at. Just... gone.

That was actuall a blow to me and my achie friends out there :(

We worked hard on doing everything we could, classes and companions included and now we don't even get a stupid 0 point achivement in an archived section or something. Nothing, like our work on our companions never existed.

That was actuall a blow to me and my achie friends out there :(

We worked hard on doing everything we could, classes and companions included and now we don't even get a stupid 0 point achivement in an archived section or something. Nothing, like our work on our companions never existed.

They said you still get the points they just boost the kill part. Also you still get the bonus stats for it. So you are not doing it for nothing.

They said you still get the points they just boost the kill part. Also you still get the bonus stats for it. So you are not doing it for nothing.

They said they did it for the achievement tied to it. Yes, the 1st time through the Legacy boons are the main draw, but otherwise it's really just for the achievement listed. I didn't do all of Chapter 1 of a Sith Warrior again and shove gifts down LS Jaesa's throat until she was maxed for anything but the achievement, because that's all it gave me for doing so.

I just went and did every single "grind 1000 of X mobs" and such on every planet, having all the doable Planetary achievements: if tomorrow I was told they were going to be removed, after wasting so many hours upon hours doing them, I'd be pretty peeved.

It's pretty messed up. I get changes happen with reboots like what 4.0 will be but they really could have at least done something. Some kind of achievement just to say you did that. It would be at most bragging points down the road. I'm at a complete loss of understanding on what the developers are really doing and why.

It's going to be interesting watching these forums blow up on the 20th and the 27th when all the non-forum people finally get to see what changes are coming. If people really thought these forums blew up just from the announcement of level scaling they really haven't seen anything. I wouldn't want to be a forum moderator on those days.

Well, will my Max Affections translate into Max Influence? Or do I now have to get more gifts (that I can only donate one at a time too!) for 40 companions because the conversations are all finished now on the old companions? Edited by DomiSotto

Looks like I'm losing all the 10k affection achievements I worked up to (including two Sith Warriors for Jaesa, as well as Imperial/Republic HK and Treek) and not getting anything in exchange save progress I'd already have anyway towards Alliance relations/achievements.

Achievements don't mean anything in this game anyway, but yeah, they do seem to be removing them for the sake of removing them.

Losing all the reusables my Biochem and Cybertech kept despite being lower DPS than newer ones, so I guess outside my main I'm not using stims or anything period anymore (I've got better things to do than farm mats for a one-off buff).

The new ones last 8 hours, and you get multiples per crafting task, so I've no complaints.

Edited by Gonalius

thats why bw is doing packs and hypercrates for cheap so people dont know how bad we are about to get screwed. Thank you for telling all of this 3 weeks before launch, good plan.

Our guild talked about that just last night but it's not enough.

The crafting changes are just over the top W.TF!

The down leveling is questionable with how it's being implemented.

The affection achievement removal isn't all that bad till you find out you have to go back and regrind for the titale you already had. Kinda makes achievement worthless when BW is so willing to just through them out and make you redo it.

Then no new end game content.

There is no amount of story good enough to carry this expansion. Some frill changes like, the cape clipping fix or UI grid, none good enough to carry this game and with all the negative going on with it and they still haven't released all the information about it.

I really do have a bad feeling about this. We will see more comparisons to SWG and CU/NGE and how that screwed things up. What is it with SW games and their willingness to so easily damage them.

Edited by Quraswren

While I agree a lot of these changes suck and are a total betrayal of the promises BW made about not taking stuff from players, please stop with the "I worked hard" crap. You pushed some buttons on a keyboard while playing a video game.

Time to vote with your wallet. These changes are happening. They waited until the last minute knowing full well there would be a lot of rage quits over them. BW is just like the cable or cell phone company...they don't give a **** about current customers, and only focus on the ever elusive "new" customer.

Edit: Let me be clear...I'm not saying people shouldn't be upset about this. I just laugh a little when I see "work" used when talking about a game.

Edited by HarleysRule

While I agree a lot of these changes suck and are a total betrayal of the promises BW made about not taking stuff from players, please stop with the "I worked hard" crap. You pushed some buttons on a keyboard while playing a video game.

Depends on your view.

Grinding the "Kill 1000 of X on X planet" achievements, for every planet, certainly wasn't a very fun experiance for me to do, but I still did it. In fact I'd call it far more work than fun. There's plenty of stuff ingame like that.

I certainly wouldn't go and call top raiders and PvPers "people who haven't done any work" cause it's a game in the end, though. It's all subjective.

Certainly though it's crud to see all the effort (better? no?) I put in just vanishing. I made an entire new character and levelled to Chapter 1 ending just to get Jaesa LS achievement, and now it's being taken out lol.

The new ones last 8 hours, and you get multiples per crafting task, so I've no complaints.

Personally I'm not a big crafter, and I don't have the cash to splash to buy mats, nor the interest to slaughter mobs (pre KOTFE, post KOTFE dunno) to grind materials... so when stuff goes from reusable to consumed, I just stop using period.

I mean, doesn't it lasts 8 hours in real world time? Not game time? I log in for 5 mins, use buff, log off, it's gone before I log in again the next day. Could be wrong, probably am. I don't use them a lot save one character anymore.

Edited by Transairion

Worst thing was I just recently got a Synthweaving to 500, figuring I wanted to make Willpower Augments, and I learned, Mastery Augments are made by a different crafting skill than the one I leveled up :/

Hopefully, my Deception and Infiltration specs change enough I need those augments over the Mastery ones I can't build now. :/

Well, will my Max Affections translate into Max Influence? Or do I now have to get more gifts (that I can only donate one at a time too!) for 40 companions because the conversations are all finished now on the old companions?

Wondering this too. Or if not max at least the 10k I farmed a gorillion gifts for.

I mean, doesn't it lasts 8 hours in real world time? Not game time? I log in for 5 mins, use buff, log off, it's gone before I log in again the next day. Could be wrong, probably am. I don't use them a lot save one character anymore.

AFAIK all buffs are currently in logged time, not real world. I would hope that's not changing.

Edited by HarleysRule

Well, will my Max Affections translate into Max Influence? Or do I now have to get more gifts (that I can only donate one at a time too!) for 40 companions because the conversations are all finished now on the old companions?

I think they said that they will, though if I remember right, max influence is increased to 20,000 so you'll only be half way there.

Nope its 8hrs of play time. On toons I hardly play single stims have lasted for weeks of IRL time. Sign in do an op, sign out... not even an hr of the stim used.

Then each craft produces(currently) 4-6 of them...

There's not a lot grinding to get the necessary mats for the 32hrs of stims... 5min on Yavin(counting loading screen) will do it.

if I remember right, max influence is increased to 20,000

yeah if that's the case the conversion rate has to be 1:2 (1 affection = 2 influence) if this not than it may just be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Naughty Bioware devs!! they have known for a few months the changes to existing game play and these should have been the 1st items to become known saving the spoilery ones to about this time, but I think deep down they realised that many of these changes would be unpopular and have purposefully kept them a secret until 13 days before launch.

Some of this could have been avoided by talking to us openly and accepting feedback while there was still time but now its much to late for any changes to be implemented no matter how many complaints a particular "issue" may have.

yeah if that's the case the conversion rate has to be 1:2 (1 affection = 2 influence) if this not than it may just be the straw that breaks the camels back.

Naughty Bioware devs!! they have known for a few months the changes to existing game play and these should have been the 1st items to become known saving the spoilery ones to about this time, but I think deep down they realised that many of these changes would be unpopular and have purposefully kept them a secret until 13 days before launch.

Some of this could have been avoided by talking to us openly and accepting feedback while there was still time but now its much to late for any changes to be implemented no matter how many complaints a particular "issue" may have.

But now they can say, "oh sorry, but it's too late to change any of this stuff now. We're sure once you see the changes live, you'll like them!" LOL

Why? It's just an expanded cap, like the level cap is going up from 60 to 65.