Boy the bad news bombs are dropping hard and fast now!

Transairion

well but you already unlocked it sooooo how do you know they are taking it away again?

Probably because it wasn't mentioned in the things that are staying or not changing like affection points. There is no reason to believe the titles are staying given how they are removing the achievements and what was posted afterwards.

Unless BW changes their minds, you'll have to grind out something else just to get back what you had.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well but you already unlocked it sooooo how do you know they are taking it away again?

The titles are dependant on the achievements that are taken away, we do not know if the achievments that gives the titles will still be valid when the requirements to complete them are gone.

I posted a question about this in the other thread that I still have no reply to, I put in a spoiler tag.

Question: I have 99% completed in the companion tab (I do not have the 500 player HK kills) and when I look at the general companion tab I find two achievements that are called "For the republic!" and "For the empire!"(they give the titles). Both of the achievements are in turn dependant on several smaller achievments that completes when every character have all their companion affection maxed. If you intend to remove the specific companion achievements will you let the general tab remain completed even if the specific companion achievements are gone?

That would lead to a possility to keep the titles if we have completed them or do you reset the general tab aswell because the specific companion achievements are gone?

The 44 achievements we lose are worth : 1100 achievement points, those are gone.

If you also reset the general tab we lose additional : 300 points making the change 1400 lost achievement points and we also lose the titles.

Am I making any sense?

Edited by Icestar

That`s good news! The affection achievements are real pain. I prefer to kill 1000 mobs rather than buying expensive gifts.

I am pretty sure that during a live stream didn't they say you got to keep whatever affection you had gained with a companion if you elected to take that companion back? Now when I heard that some companions would not have the options of even coming back I did stop worrying about earning affection for them so much, figured smarter to wait until I knew if I would even take them back, but I do have few at 10k. I was assuming that upon reupping those companions by what was said that I would still have the equivalent of 10k affection when I took them back on board.

So is that wrong now? And it would be nice if people could point us to the links where they get the information they are complaining or excited about so we can read official info rather then going off a rant or sunshiney fanboi praise.

Have you ever gone from Light V to Light 4? You know the title associated with Light V? Yeah, you lose it.

What makes you think that having incomplete achievements will result in you keeping the title? You only get granted it on completion of specific criteria, the same as the Light V / Light 4 scenario. :p

It's not even Light/Dark V - you must be at 10,000 LS or DS points. Even dropping down to 9,999 is enough to lose the title.

Because they removed it from being connected to 'affection'. Stated plainly in a Dev post/Blog.

because they said plainly you can get the title back by doing something else (Kill achievements).

They also stated that the Kill Achievements will have the ship droid added to them.

SO to get ALL the kill achievements you will have to do _additional_ grinding no matter what you did prior, to get back a title you had already earned. It will be _impossible_ for you to have the requirements for the title with the release of 4.0 because part of the requirements are not presently available in game.

So people who have earned it, will have it taken away and they'll be allowed to re-earn it. This was done because BioWare feels bad for the at present 'ficitonal' new players coming into the game and wanting them to be able to earn achivements that other players would have had but they would no longer be able to get.

So, BioWare hasn't really learned anything about birds in hands as opposed to birds in bushes, or counting their chickens before they hatched.

Because BioWare lives in this fantasy world where the new Star Wars movie is going to magically create lots and lots of players for their game. But what they are forgetting is that the Star Wars fans who play MMO's _already_ played their game and then left so that many servers have been closed or merged and the current crop of servers rarely sees 'heavy' and that the majority of them are 'Light' not even 'Standard'.

So their solution is to bank on 'new' players who do not exist while socking it to the existing players who do exist and do provide them monthly income.

Brilliant plan.. we'll see how it works out for them.

Because they removed it from being connected to 'affection'. Stated plainly in a Dev post/Blog.

because they said plainly you can get the title back by doing something else (Kill achievements).

They also stated that the Kill Achievements will have the ship droid added to them.

SO to get ALL the kill achievements you will have to do _additional_ grinding no matter what you did prior, to get back a title you had already earned. It will be _impossible_ for you to have the requirements for the title with the release of 4.0 because part of the requirements are not presently available in game.

So people who have earned it, will have it taken away and they'll be allowed to re-earn it. This was done because BioWare feels bad for the at present 'ficitonal' new players coming into the game and wanting them to be able to earn achivements that other players would have had but they would no longer be able to get.

So, BioWare hasn't really learned anything about birds in hands as opposed to birds in bushes, or counting their chickens before they hatched.

Because BioWare lives in this fantasy world where the new Star Wars movie is going to magically create lots and lots of players for their game. But what they are forgetting is that the Star Wars fans who play MMO's _already_ played their game and then left so that many servers have been closed or merged and the current crop of servers rarely sees 'heavy' and that the majority of them are 'Light' not even 'Standard'.

So their solution is to bank on 'new' players who do not exist while socking it to the existing players who do exist and do provide them monthly income.

That pretty much sums it up.

The video game industry is, more than any other industry, obsessed with the customers they don't have rather than concerned with keeping the customers they do have. Every other industry I've worked or studied devotes serious time and effort to customer retention. For most other businesses, customers leaving is seen as a sign of failure, something to be avoided, and to be regretted when it happens. For the video game industry, the customers they already have are disregarded completely, or regarded with disdain, disgust, or amusement.

"The customers we don't have" is the El Dorado, the Shangri La, the mythical paradise always just over the next hill, that the video game industry keeps chasing, no matter how good they have it now.

"The grass is always greener" is older than video games, but the industry exemplifies it perfectly.

Excellent post. We've been talking about this among the guild and reddit as well. If you're an older, long itme SWTOr player. You will now play second fiddle to the possible new gamers to come. Doesn't matter that you were a subscriber during the ups and downs of SW. You are now being glossed over for a possibility.