Conquest Reward Issues and Fallen Empire

EricMusco

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am guessing you didn't read the Crafting changes Blog where we need to do conquest to get end game crafting mats? Seriously, turning conquest off for a month when everything gets re-leveled is not an acceptable answer.

I agree. It makes even less sense when you take into account the fact that the solo awards are being given out as soon as they are earned, and only the guild rewards are broken.

What they should have done is just admitted that the guild rewards would stay broken for at least another month, but instead of shutting down the system entirely, they were going to let them run as is in order to allow people access to the new crafting materials that are only obtainable to those who earn their solo rewards.

I know that doing this would have left a lot of people unhappy, but it still would have been better than shutting down the system entirely.

I am guessing you didn't read the Crafting changes Blog where we need to do conquest to get end game crafting mats? Seriously, turning conquest off for a month when everything gets re-leveled is not an acceptable answer.

Just to make it extra special, with the new conquest changes, the only viable way to even get conquest points to get those pvE mats is to pvP

Really Bioware wtheck are you even doing....

Pvpers : Waaaaaaah enough people wont pvp! Bioware make them pvp!

Bioware: -makes it so you have to pvp to craft-

Edited by XiamaraSimi

First off I'd like to start out by saying: HAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHHAHAHAA!!!!!!

Second: Just leave conquest off forever it adds nothing to the game and apparently is just going to reward people who didn't put in the time, effort or have the skill to do endgame content with some of the highest tier gear and don't deserve it now

Is this a joke? Seriously.

I had to read the post twice, and couldn't believe what i read.

Turn conquests off immediately. If something is not working as intended, turn it off.

You are antagonising your customers. This is not good PR. And a play it/don't play it attitude will not fly.

Turn it off and then get working on winning your customers back be either making sure all tickets are answered and rewards/titles are issued to them ASAP.

Alternatively, try and restore some customer confidence by running some database queries and compiling the conquest winners.

Remember.. customers, yes, those pesky people who pay for the whole show. Look after them.

Three weeks to a major release!

Just to make it extra special, with the new conquest changes, the only viable way to even get conquest points to get those pvE mats is to pvP
That's not actually true.

I've run the numbers on the revised conquest setup, and it will actually be significantly easier to hit your personal conquest goal for most events without PvP than it is now.

...unless all you ever did to hit the goal was craft.

This new gear requires a new Crafting material that can only be acquired by completing your personal Conquest goals.

And than you announce:

As a result, beginning on October 20th when we launch Early Access to Knights of the Fallen Empire, we will turn off Conquest events for at least the following month. Once we resolve the issue, we will let you know when to expect Conquest events to return.

Realy funny :D

Edited by tremonek

So the shiny new crafting system will be broken at launch.

Just beggars belief, dunnit? I really don't know what to say. We're used to having pre-order bonuses with new expansions, this one comes PRE-BUGGED! That's quite an achievement.

Can't believe what I am reading...

My favorite game mechanic of my favorite expansion broken by KOTFE, for a month. " Ah we'll fix it in like month+++ lol!"

I dislike an expansion I've not even played little more every day.

It is insane how much fate Bioware has in their own storytelling. It is ridiculous they knowingly release an expansion that breaks things. Nice going. Thanks a lot!

Edited by Vasflam

Well, meh.

The ongoing and what's worse repeated issues with Conquest put your developers in very bad light. I'm still willing to give a degree of benevolence, but the way the (hot)fix is being handled is quite unprofessional, or at least makes quite unprofessional impression.

Also: please remember that if you are going to grant the rewards retroactively, you have to grant up to four things in total:

1. The actual rewards (Scaps, Encryptions ...)

2. The Achievement(s) (for Personal goal, and for Conquering a planet if Top Spot)

3. The Legacy Title (if Top Spot)

4. Progress towards the "Galaxy Conqueror" Achievement (if Top Spot)

Lately I witnessed situations where only the first and/or second were granted, while the third and fourth are primarily why many people participate in Conquest.

So let's make it simple... :

- 16 servers

- 5 planets to conquer

- 10 top rankers per planet

So Bioware is just telling 800 guilds they can't fix it? How many subscribers would it impact?:confused:

Edited by Aegirson

This new gear requires a new Crafting material that can only be acquired by completing your personal Conquest goals.

And than you announce:

As a result, beginning on October 20th when we launch Early Access to Knights of the Fallen Empire, we will turn off Conquest events for at least the following month. Once we resolve the issue, we will let you know when to expect Conquest events to return.

Realy funny :D

Epic Musco :rak_03::rak_03::rak_03: Love it lol

Are you kidding us ? No need to file to customer service ?

You make big mistakes, there are bugs for many weeks you never repair, you steal us from rewards but no need to file to customer service ?

Is this our fault now ?

Is that your answer ?

Hey folks,

We have read a few threads about issues with Conquest rewards not being granted and acknowledge there is definitely an issue with that system. As a result, beginning on October 20th when we launch Early Access to Knights of the Fallen Empire, we will turn off Conquest events for at least the following month. Once we resolve the issue, we will let you know when to expect Conquest events to return.

For those who have not received this week’s Conquest rewards, we’re reviewing the situation and will give you an update soon.

As a note, it is likely that over the next few weeks leading up to Fallen Empire there may be continued issues with Conquest rewards being granted. If you choose to participate in Conquests between now and 4.0, please be aware you will not receive your Conquest rewards when the Conquest ends. There is no need to file a Customer Service ticket. We will attempt to grant them to those that have earned them in the coming weeks.

Thank you for your understanding.

-eric

Edited by Arshad

So let's make it simple... :

- 16 servers

- 5 planets to conquer

- 10 top rankers per planet

So Bioware is just telling 800 guilds they can't fix it? How many subscribers would it impact?:confused:

never thought of it like that. But that is actually not a small number...

Hey folks,

We have read a few threads about issues with Conquest rewards not being granted and acknowledge there is definitely an issue with that system. As a result, beginning on October 20th when we launch Early Access to Knights of the Fallen Empire, we will turn off Conquest events for at least the following month. Once we resolve the issue, we will let you know when to expect Conquest events to return.

For those who have not received this week’s Conquest rewards, we’re reviewing the situation and will give you an update soon.

As a note, it is likely that over the next few weeks leading up to Fallen Empire there may be continued issues with Conquest rewards being granted. If you choose to participate in Conquests between now and 4.0, please be aware you will not receive your Conquest rewards when the Conquest ends. There is no need to file a Customer Service ticket. We will attempt to grant them to those that have earned them in the coming weeks.

Thank you for your understanding.

-eric

Im a sub like thousand others since game launch had to deal and still dealing with tons of old/new bugs all we get is some sorry posts i pay you guys REAL MONEY so how about give us some real reparation ( the longer a sub the bigger the reparation ) dont treat us in such a disrespectful manner :mad: ....or hey maybe we all should start playing Starship Troopers there you can kill bug's at least :p

Edited by hymir

Vacation is maybe 2weeks worth of time. And the following month is November. Vacation is late December... I don't see your point.

Um... with the bugs in SOR they claimed the reason they were so late in getting to them(7 weeks) was because they were on vacation for all of Dec and half of Jan.

Um... with the bugs in SOR they claimed the reason they were so late in getting to them(7 weeks) was because they were on vacation for all of Dec and half of Jan.

7 weeks, but not all on vacation. They didn't take 7 weeks and magically have a fix day one back in the office. 2-3 weeks vaca time is typical in USA for company holidays. The 4weeks to count for could have been spent assessing problems and developing and testing fixes. Lol, having a job at a decent company would have given you that logically possible conclusion give or take a week.

No need to whine gents.

We definetely have incompetents on the other side, who not only are incompetent in doing their programmer job (= save leaderboards before savagely rebooting the servers), but also incompetent in finding adequate solutions for their player base and communicating about it. Looks like the 20 last years of MMO gaming tought them nothing ...

You have to play this game, and pay for it, knowing you will never be listened to. They do what they want, as simple as that. We players cannot understand.

Be happy with what you have and pay for - don't ask for more. Or, get crazy every week but your nerves will die before Bioware's trash gets full :)

Edited by Sylariss

No need to whine gents.

We definetely have incompetents on the other side, who not only are incompetent in doing their programmer job (= save leaderboards before savagely rebooting the servers), but also incompetent in finding adequate solutions for their player base and communicating about it.

You have to play this game, and pay for it, knowing you will never be listened to. They do what they want, as simple as that. We players cannot understand.

Be happy with what you have and pay for - don't ask for more. Or, get crazy every week but your nerves will die before Bioware's trash gets full :)

Can't tell if sarcasm.

Turning off conquest is a feature, not a bug!

But seriously, turn it off, go back to the drawing board, get some of the actual players of your game involved in the design and then re-launch it. There have been numerous ideas put out there.

While this seems like a good idea, it's really not. For some of them, crafting to win was the ultimate conquest. Note how they jumped to the top of the leader board within minutes of the servers going live.

As it is broken more than a year after launch it's an embarrassment for BW. It lacks imagination and worse, it shows that you don't have the capability to code properly. It has the potential to be a great component of the game, but you're going to have to put some intellectual and financial resources into it.

It's worked a lot more than it's been broken, as far as I can tell. The bad thing about this change for me is that Conquest has been totally irrelevant, and now, I'll have to do it if I want to craft Elder Game gear, and yet, it's still irrelevant. Doing personal doesn't do anything but allow me to get mats, something that I can already do. When I think about what it accomplishes now, I get this image of 5 or 6 guys in a room with their pants around their ankles going "But mine's bigger". That's about the only thing it's worth in it's current configuration.