Companion Affection Achievements in Fallen Empire

EricMusco

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only issue with this is the removal of achievements people have already earned. Other achievements are being moved to a special area, these should too. The promise was that nothing would be taken away, taking the achievements away from people who earned them violates that promise.

I am so disappointed with how disconnected leadership is with the community on this decision. This is just disheartening for them to be so off on something. The message I am receiving is my time doesn't matter.

Affection changes, fine, do whatever...but penalize my achievement score and erase all of the work I did?

Achievements should not be erased, bottom line.

I have major trust issues with this game right now.

Please make me feel confident that whatever I do going forward won't be erased. I am truly sitting here evaluating if I am going to waste another minute's investment into an achievement system that lacks merit.

My only issue with this is the removal of achievements people have already earned. Other achievements are being moved to a special area, these should too. The promise was that nothing would be taken away, taking the achievements away from people who earned them violates that promise.

They really dropped the ball with this change, taking away something players have worked for and spent resources to get and give them nothing in return.

They are supposed to build trust with their playerbase not ruin it

Edited by Icestar

Any response from BW on this? Or just pretend to not see like with many other situations?

I have seen some questions about the Global Legacy Unlocks tied to Companions (the Presence bonus and reduced CD on Heroic Moment). Those are remaining exactly the same, so the benefit is still there for maxing your companions Affection and completing their storylines.

-eric

So we keep our legacy titles that have been granted for it as well? Edited by Glzmo

Yes, I leveled a second sith warrior just to get the light side jaesa achievement. Some people do it.

I'd like to know too why these achievements are being removed entirely rather than being moved to an archive section.

Me too. I just started a DS SW solely to get the second Jaesa affection (yeah, I'm like that). But TBH, I might be interested enough to continue to see how a pure DS game plays out.

On the positive (for me), I had finally decided to max up my Pub HK51 affection, and paused at ~8500. Those last 1500 would have consumed <300K credits. Now, no point.

I usually don't gripe here about changes. But I'm shaking my head as to why BW can't figure out that a basic rule is: don't take away what they already got, especially if it took a lot of time.

Why not just translate all the Affection to Influence achievements? That would seem obvious. Which makes me think that perhaps Influence does NOT max out (thus no max achievement)?

Why not just translate all the Affection to Influence achievements? That would seem obvious. Which makes me think that perhaps Influence does NOT max out (thus no max achievement)?

Read what Eric has said about this... they will, when they introduce Influence achievements... which will be later than 4.0.

I actually levelled a third warrior for light side Jaesa as I'd picked dark side twice before the achievements were brought in...

This change just has me a little relieved that I won't be tempted to do the ds path just to have a 100% anymore (I've already got all the 1k kills and all other comp affections maxxed) ;>

The whole entire premise of achievements is to give something for gamers to go after. Something to obtain.

Knowing that BW is so willing to just remove it. Attach it to something else to grind and say oh well do it again.

Thats bothersome.

So...We work our asses off to get ALL the companion achievement unlocks, for you to just take them away....whats the point? There are other things no longer in the game, that I still have achievements for...move them to the "archived" area, or give me a decoration for each one, or a special title.... something to truly express how you really feel about your subs....something *insert toon name here* Dropper of the Soap

This is the first announcement about the new xpac that has really irked the **** outta me.

Remove the point value and archive the achievement.

Seems like everyone would be happy.

And that makes people happy how? People want to NOT lose their points they worked hard for....

No, I do not want my points taken away.

No, I do not want other items in the achievements to have their points raised to "make it right"

No, I do NOT want to use the pointless, pile of bolts ship droids to kill "x" number of mobs. If they are insisting on adding it though, I am sure I will do it....but I do NOT want to see something I spent a lot of time/credits on, taken away from me.

I have ALL of those achievements across eight max-level characters whom I have played since the game's founding. 10,000 affection with every single companion---including HK and Treek. That's a lot of achievement points you're taking away from me :(

I just hope I don't lose all that influence when 4.0 hits. That would really stink.

Edited by spoe

Right. I have to admit that while the crafting changes irk me, this is REALLY offensive. :mad: It's sad that people wouldn't have been able to get those achievements post FE but there's a lot of achievements *I* will never see either because I choose not to spend my time in the game that way. And I'd come to accept that.

Don't take away the results of all of MY hard work. Figure out some other way to do this.

Im not in-game currently, but off the top of my head its something like 1200(ish) points were losing...that may not SEEM like a lot, but to achievement hunters, it is....and was a LOT of work especially if you went LS, and the comp preferred DS, or vica-versa

Hey folks,

I wanted to pass on some information regarding changes to Companion Achievements in Knights of the Fallen Empire. As many of you know, Affection is being changed to Influence to coincide with your Character's Alliance. Due to this, we are going to be removing all of the "Reach Max Affection" Achievements from the game, along with the Achievement points which they have granted. We didn't want to create a situation where a very large number of Achievement points was no longer accessible. You can click the spoiler tag below to see a full list of all of the Achievements being removed.

As a note, the Achievements for "Loyalty to the [Class Name], which were granted for maxing Affection for all of that Classes Companions are going to be changed as well. Now, you will complete that Achievement by completing the "Kill x enemies with x as your active Companion" Achievements. To make up for the loss of Achievement points made via these changes, we have also adjusted the following:

• We have increased the point values for the “Kill 1,000” Achievements from 5 to 20.
  • We have added a new “Devotion to the [Class]” Achievement for completing all of the “Kill 1,000” Achievements for a given Class/Faction. When completed, you will be granted the Imperial/Republic Squad Commander title respectively.
  • We have added “Kill x” Achievements for both ship droids.

Thanks!

-eric

Here is the full list of Achievements being removed:

• -AGENT-
    • Ensign Temple: The Mysterious Lieutenant
    • Kaliyo Djannis: The Rattataki
    • Eckard Lokin: The Brilliant Doctor
    • SCORPIO: The Killer AI
    • Vector: The Joiner

[*]-BOUNTY HUNTER-

• Blizz: The Inventor
  • Gault: The Scoundrel
  • Mako: The Slicer
  • Skadge: The Gangster
  • Torian: The Apprentice

[*]-CONSULAR-

• Felix Iresso: The Cheerful Soldier
  • Nadia Grell: The Wilder
  • Qyzen Fess: The Mighty Hunter
  • Tharan Cedrax: A Man and his Hologram
  • Zenith: The Freedom Fighter

[*]-INQUISITOR-

• Andronikos Revel: The Pirate
  • Ashara: The Fallen Padawan
  • Khem Val: The Shadow Killer
  • Talos Drellik: The Archaeologist
  • Xalek: The Kaleesh

[*]-KNIGHT-

• Doc: The Ladies' Man
  • Kira Carsen: The Unexpected Padawan
  • Rusk: The Sergeant The Sergeant
  • Lord Scourge: The Unlikely Companion
  • T7-O1: The Astromech

[*]-SMUGGLER-

• Akaavi Spar: The Uncompromising Mandalorian
  • Bowdaar: The Loyal Wookiee
  • Corso Riggs: More Than a Mercenary
  • Guss Tuno: The Failed Jedi
  • Risha: The Underworld Princess

[*]-TROOPER-

• Elara Dorne: The Defector
  • Aric Jorgan: The Career Soldier
  • M1-4X: The War Machine
  • Tanno Vik: The Renegade
  • Yuun: The Findsman

[*]-WARRIOR-

• Broonmark: The Beast
  • Jaesa (Light): The Padawan
  • Jaesa (Dark): The Corrupted Padawan
  • Pierce: The Commando
  • Quinn: The Officer
  • Vette: The Treasure Hunter

[*]-OTHER-

• HK-51 (Imp): Declaration: I Love the Master (Imperial)
  • HK-51 (Rep): Declaration: I Love the Master (Republic)
  • Treek (Imp): The Unlikely Mercenary (Imperial)
  • Treek (Rep): The Unlikely Mercenary (Republic)

^^^ This!

They really dropped the ball with this change, taking away something players have worked for and spent resources to get and give them nothing in return.

They are supposed to build trust with their playerbase not ruin it

Congrats Musco. You're actually punishing people by taking away achievements they earned with their time and effort. Just leave in the achievements and edit them to reflect Influence instead of Affection.

Yup!

That is correct, there are no Influence Achievements planned to be live in Fallen Empire. However, we certainly could add them in the future (and have them be retroactive).

-eric

Allow me to be the first to call for them and demand them in the future. I demand these achievements be added and retroactive on the future date of 20 Oct 2015.

There seems to be a lot of plans about Fallen Empire, and apparently, alienating your customer base is one of them.

Here is one from your Rules of Conduct:

Do anything that interferes with the ability of other Service users to enjoy playing Star Wars: The Old Republic and using the Service in accordance with its rules, or that materially increases the expense or difficulty of EA in maintaining the Service for the enjoyment of all its users.

As an Achievement Hunter, you ARE taking action that interferes with my ability as a Service user to enjoy playing Star Wars: The Old Republic. You broke your own rule.

So if i have already claim those *** squad leader title for afection and dont have kill 1000 on all comps you will take it away from me? This is how bw keep word about promise of dont take any titles or achi from people who already have it? :mad:

Move them to an archive section instead of flat out removing them.

Reason:

Hey Eric Musco, do you foresee you guys taking anything else away from me that I've spent multiple hours of energy, effort, passion and credits on? This has clearly sent a message that achievements are subject to change and ultimately not worth doing. This really cheapens the experience and discredits much of the work we have done.

I'm both baffled and disappointed.

First you removed the Makeb Staged weekly Achievements, but offered an unique decoration in return. The reactions were pretty much positive/OK.

Next you "removed" the EV and KP Nightmare Achievements, but instead of actually removing them you are going to place them in a special section. The reactions were positive/OK again (the negative ones are related to the removal of the mode itself, not to the Achievements).

I simply cannot understand why you don't take the experience from these previous cases, and instead decide to go a route which is all but guaranteed to annoy people?

Oh and if the intention is to get rid of unobtainable Achievements (credit where credit is due, I appreciate the reintroduction of old events gear!) I expect all of the Party Jawa Achievements to be gone in 4.0, one way or the other.

OK I am slightly confused, if I finished gaining 10,000 affection with companions do I loose that affection bonus? I see the presence bonus remains as does the heroic moment cool down? is this designed to make us use the new KoTFE companions since there are no bonuses from affection?

I was going to try to complete my last class story and max out the affection and companion stories mainly for the presence bonuses.

Is it worth me wasting my time with this pre 4.0.