The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

4.0 AP PT Guide.

Dysfunxtional

Will be making a 4.0 AP PT guide for PvP as soon as 4.0 drops. Mostly for solo ranked, regs gearaing/and how to kite effectively most of all how to t1 your pts with out having to spec tank!

Simply because I haven't seen a good PT dps guide since Koozies (god bless his soul) pre 3.0 one and i saw some shocking tactics Vanguards today and figured I should make one! Stay tuned AP squad.

p.s (might include pyrotech if the changes render it any better than current, Regs only obviously)

Edited by Dysfunxtional

Will be making a 4.0 AP PT guide for PvP as soon as 4.0 drops. Mostly for solo ranked, regs gearaing/and how to kite effectively most of all how to t1 your pts with out having to spec tank!

Simply because I haven't seen a good PT dps guide since Koozies (god bless his soul) pre 3.0 one and i saw some shocking tactics Vanguards today and figured I should make one! Stay tuned AP squad.

p.s (might include pyrotech if the changes render it any better than current, Regs only obviously)

Good to see a PvP guide coming out, I'm sick of all the people asking me about something I'm bad at.

...ok

Please include how to actually burst a target. I'm getting tired of all the PTs that can do 2.2k DPS but can't break 5 killing blows in a 8v8. Like seriously if you break 2k DPS in a 8v8 it means you aren't killing enough stuff.

Edited by Zoom_VI

Good to see a pvp guide. For a spec that has no procs namely.

Looking forward to Pyro.

Edited by Aetideus

...ok

Please include how to actually burst a target. I'm getting tired of all the PTs that can do 2.2k DPS but can't break 5 killing blows in a 8v8. Like seriously if you break 2k DPS in a 8v8 it means you aren't killing enough stuff.

It's decent pulling 2k dps, and not so uncommon to have low killing blows especially when the teams have multiple healers. I rather see 2k dps and no killing blows than see a guy pulling 800dps but 5 KBs. Just means he managed to land a killing blow while the other guy put tons more overall pressure on the other teams healers. Without that 2k dps, the 800dps guy probably wouldn't get any KBs.

It's decent pulling 2k dps, and not so uncommon to have low killing blows especially when the teams have multiple healers. I rather see 2k dps and no killing blows than see a guy pulling 800dps but 5 KBs. Just means he managed to land a killing blow while the other guy put tons more overall pressure on the other teams healers. Without that 2k dps, the 800dps guy probably wouldn't get any KBs.

True. But some 1 couldn't understood dat.

Edited by helpmewin

Here u go bro AP is so hard:

Ideal AP PT controller thing

And few last screens with dat controller when i used it:

http://i.imgur.com/HWngSBc.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/NiDy9uU.jpg

Tho it will helps. coz nothing changes in 4.0. :rak_03: Cheers!

P.S. Nerf pyro.

onkly 14k biggets hit ? BUFF PT BURST :rak_01::rak_01::rak_01:

ANd no my friend with 4.0 cell burst leaves dots :D:D:D:D:D so probably we wil have 18k cell burst + dots + 14k RS + 13k thermal detonator.... looking forward to this ;)

yesterday i did 24 k to a sorc in one gcd, buff me cuz 24k its unlucky nunber, i should do 30k instead in one skill, bioware plz, pt needs help we are not viable :(:rak_01:

Concealment, IO can do the same. MM can global, but AP have the best intital burst, coz rockets and EF.

Btw i will glad if they return old pyro PT with their survivability, decent burst and pressure. Old AP with AOE burst - when i can almost kill 3+ guys with 1 3 seconds cast ability. Cheers! :rolleyes:

Now in 1 hand we have absolutelly dead pyro spec for PvP, coz many reasons, second we have one the best burst specs, but glass cannon. "Dunno"

Edited by helpmewin

Concealment, IO can do the same. MM can global, but AP have the best intital burst, coz rockets and EF.

Btw i will glad if they return old pyro PT with their survivability, decent burst and pressure. Old AP with AOE burst - when i can almost kill 3+ guys with 1 3 seconds cast ability. Cheers! :rolleyes:

Now in 1 hand we have absolutelly dead pyro spec for PvP, coz many reasons, second we have one the best burst specs, but glass cannon. "Dunno"

MM cannot execute a complete rotation while running at speed light :D

Seriously amng all classes, nothing scares me more than a ap pt, its burst is insane, completely broken in my opinion

Edited by xX-Archangel-Xx

MM cannot execute a complete rotation while running at speed light :D

Seriously amng all classes, nothing scares me more than a ap pt, its burst is insane, completely broken in my opinion

Coz ur main is a sorc, sorc can't los or mitigate their burst or kite AP, thats why. But about mitigate sorcs can think, but almost no1 of them take -25% DMG on 6 sec and use adrenal with bubble dat absorb 9K+ DMG and insta heal with reck 10K + stun -25% DMG. And AP initial burst can go to nowhere.

Edited by helpmewin

• 2 weeks later...
Supercommando is for Tank. Combat Tech.

Thanks.

Last question(s) - looking to min/max and swap out mods to get my accuracy down. Seeing that there are no 208 on the PVP vendor, only 204, that we have to grind out more gear to extract our desired mod, just like pre 4.0?

I'm working on Augs as well, but there is a WAY big price difference between Purple and Blue Augs for the performance. I think with Overkill 40 Augs there is what: 5/8 End/Power difference, meaning Purple only gains 70 End and 112 power gain over Blues? Considering Blues go for 40K and Purples go for 160K, I'll think I'll keep that 1.2 million for the measly 70/112 gain, unless those are truly worth it.

I don't craft, just PVP - I'm poor.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello guys, allow me to humbly introduce myself. I am simply known as the best player in the world (NA > EU). I have always wanted to share my knowledge with the community as my wisdom is beyond the grasp of peasants.

I main a PT, and I am an Elite Warlord. Through never-seen-before hard practice day and night, I have come to a conclusion: PT is not a 4-button spam class. It requires a lot of skills to do a highly advanced 3-button rotation. Its entire rotation consists of:

• Explosive Dart
  • Thermal Detonator
  • Allahu Akabur

I feel sad that the majority of community are not as good as me, i.e. not good enough to realize that PT actually needs a buff. The reasons are twofold:

• Occasionally I notice that my Allahu Akabur fails to one-shot a target in 2 GCD, and I am very sure this is not intended, and Bioware must have already been working a fix ASAP.

• Current meta does not favor AP PT in tank tunnel, which to be honest is the most skill-demanding and advanced strategy. Therefore, I petition the community to ask for more operative nerfs, and change Rail Shot, Mag Blast and Energy Burst to internal damage.

/5char