Knights of the Fallen Empire is how many gigs in size

Kalosis

Sure, but not SSD drives and I don't know if you have tried Swtor on a SSD, but trust me, if you did it once, you just cannot go back to install it on a normal harddrive. My SSD has only 120 GB and the two things that nearly take all the space already are Windows and Swtor. The rest is just small programs like VLC and similar.

120 GB HD storage devices went out the door roughly ten to fifteen years ago.

You should be up to 3TB-4TBs by now.

Edited by Linyivee

Sure, but not SSD drives and I don't know if you have tried Swtor on a SSD, but trust me, if you did it once, you just cannot go back to install it on a normal harddrive. My SSD has only 120 GB and the two things that nearly take all the space already are Windows and Swtor. The rest is just small programs like VLC and similar.

I've used an SSD. Yes its faster for load times on games but its not worth it and I will never recommend it to anyone until the price per GB is DRASTICALLY reduced. SSD's are just too expensive and not worth it for how little space you get for the cost. You can get a 10,000 RPM HDD with triple the storage space at the same price for the cost of having to wait an extra 10 seconds for something to load :rolleyes:

120 GB HD storage devices went out the door roughly ten to fifteen years ago.

You should be up to 3TB-4TBs by now.

He's using a SSD thus why the storage is so low. A 2TB SSD is in the $800 range....which again is why I'll never recommend SSD's. Too damn expensive.

Edited by Raansu

mine is fairly new but using an old 1tb hdd, still has 314gb left on it. if i shifted a few games off the hdd, could potentially lift 100gb alone. i mean, people install games on their computers for a few weeks then they get ignored after that, just taking up space.

Indeed.

That is a speculation based on datamined content. I think that info was a total download with a good deal of redownloading old game files in new format to make the loading faster, which was already done.

Also, the Game Debate link probably takes into account the entire game, not just the expansion.

I would expect around 6-7GB, realistically

Edited by Aries_cz

I'm assuming, and only assuming just from past experience, that we've been slowly downloading bits from KotFE during our regular patches. I'm not 100% sure this last big *** patch was ONLY the game upgrades to performance. So some of that 15 gig will be lower come actual October 20th/27th.

Also, if you need to find a cheap hard drive, if you haven't already try places like newegg they sell computer parts and accessories. Unless you know **** all about computers, then I'd suggest just going to Best Buy and buying a new already built computer. But if you KNOW how to replace things, try the link I gave.

16 Gig is very-very-very-very tiny.

Most modern computers come with 2TB-3TB harddrives.

You can buy a 2TB HDD for $60.

Since I work in the graphic design world, I have four 2TB external HDD drives and a 3TB internal HDD.

You can buy hard drives, external and internal, on the cheap.

Agreed. my new rig i just built has all the bells and whistles. A closed loop cooler, a GeForce 970 4GB and i put a 2TB spindle in it because it was more bang for my buck.

SSD is a waste.... currently. The prices will come down and the storage will go up. But you can quadruple the space for cheaper using spindles instead of SSD...

just my two cents.

I'm assuming, and only assuming just from past experience, that we've been slowly downloading bits from KotFE during our regular patches. I'm not 100% sure this last big *** patch was ONLY the game upgrades to performance. So some of that 15 gig will be lower come actual October 20th/27th.

Also, if you need to find a cheap hard drive, if you haven't already try places like newegg they sell computer parts and accessories. Unless you know **** all about computers, then I'd suggest just going to Best Buy and buying a new already built computer. But if you KNOW how to replace things, try the link I gave.

Oh well, in that 3.0/3.5gb patch we have already downloaded the Sacrifice CG trailer that will play at the start of the expansion, which is around 500mb alone. You can find it in one of the folders of the game SWTOR>Movies or something like that. It's not hidden or secret so you don't have to datamine it, so it's a safe bet to assume that a part of those files are 4.0 stuff being slowly pre-loaded in advance of the 20th early access.

• 2 weeks later...
I had to re-download the game and patches etc and went over my data plan and my cable company made my purchase 30 extra gigs for $30 My internet stops when I reach my bandwidth limit and the game was at 77% and stopped. I can then buy 10 additional gigs for $10 so I did. The game stalled again at 83% and I got another warning from my cable company.. again at 86% until I decided to call the cable company and they said I downloaded over 60 gigs within a day??? Seriously??? the game with the patches is over 60 gigs??? why is there no warning anywhere??? What a way to welcome back an old subscriber.. #NotHappy

I had to re-download the game and patches etc and went over my data plan and my cable company made my purchase 30 extra gigs for $30 My internet stops when I reach my bandwidth limit and the game was at 77% and stopped. I can then buy 10 additional gigs for $10 so I did. The game stalled again at 83% and I got another warning from my cable company.. again at 86% until I decided to call the cable company and they said I downloaded over 60 gigs within a day??? Seriously??? the game with the patches is over 60 gigs??? why is there no warning anywhere??? What a way to welcome back an old subscriber.. #NotHappy

your plans suck, i use free wifi from a library to download big stuff :)

Is the 15 Gig size confirmed? I may finally need to uninstall some games.

You already downloaded some of the 4.0 files in the latest patch (The performance "update" one) which was around 3.5gb. Remaining 4.0 files that you'll download tomorrow should be around 10gb.