So lets see if we have this straight...

PoliteAssasin

Darth Marr, one of the most powerful sith in the galaxy gets 1 shot by Valkorion. Are we seriously expected to believe that any of the non force users wouldn't suffer the same, if not worse, fate? A smuggler is going to be able to rival the emperor whereas the empire's de facto leader couldn't even survive 1 bolt of lightning? Who in the story department wrote this and thought it would hold up? Thank God Drew is back, just too bad most of KoTFE has been written already because the first chapter is already starting off strong with an unbelievable plot. :rolleyes:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darth Marr, one of the most powerful sith in the galaxy gets 1 shot by Valkorion. Are we seriously expected to believe that any of the non force users wouldn't suffer the same, if not worse, fate? A smuggler is going to be able to rival the emperor whereas the empire's de facto leader couldn't even survive 1 bolt of lightning? Who in the story department wrote this and thought it would hold up? Thank God Drew is back, just too bad most of KoTFE has been written already because the first chapter is already starting off strong with an unbelievable plot. :rolleyes:

To be fair Marr didn't have his lightsaber and he was blasted just as he was turning around/surrounded by guards on a narrow platform that didn't offer the most maneuverability.

Maybe Marr was level synced

Marr opposed the level sync and managed to keep his original level when he wasn't meant to. As a result of that he was one shotting mobs left and right. Bioware took over Valkorion's character and then fired an electric blast of ban hammer. Marr was not killed. He was banned. The only way he could have survived was by convincing him to accept the forced level sync.

Who's to say he's actually dead?

To be fair Marr didn't have his lightsaber and he was blasted just as he was turning around/surrounded by guards on a narrow platform that didn't offer the most maneuverability.

As far as I'm aware troopers, smugglers, agents and bounty hunters don't have lightsabers either. So how is their rivalry of Vitiate believable in any way? We suspend common sense from the get go since this is a science fiction story, but when the world begins to break their own rules and common sense that's when you need to take a second look at who's writing this.

Plot armor. Our characters have it. Most NPCs do not.

And I don't think Marr is dead for sure, I'll only believe it when I see it.

Plot armor is one thing, when it's mostly concealed. This is a huge plot hole, in the first chapter of the expansion. Why is a non force user even being humored by this emperor when he could blast arguably one of the strongest sith of this time with one hit.

Who's to say he's actually dead?

In the stream after he dies, the character speaks of him in the past tense.

Edited by PoliteAssasin

Why is a non force user even being humored by this emperor when he could blast arguably one of the strongest sith of this time with one hit.

We don't know. Yes, that's it. We don't know a single crap about KotFE storyline, except for the most basic things. Valkorion could very well be toying with us or something along the lines of that.

Accusing the storyline of a huge plot hole when we don't even know what happens after "kneel/don't kneel" (99% he'll laugh in our faces and tell Arcann to kick our sorry butts regardless of our choice) is taking it a bit too far, don't you think?

As for Marr, he was already terminally ill and on top of that, quite old. Neverthelss, past tense or not, I'm going to reserve my final judgement until his death is all but confirmed in the upcoming expansion.

Edited by BenitsubasaChiyo

Indeed. The Sith Inquisitor gets one shot and lives to get revenge

actually corrin and kal stated that they found your body in a ditch with no pulse. the only thing keeping your body going were the force ghosts. so you were killed as an inquisitor but brought back to life.

also the imperial agent can be shocked to death by darth jadus on dk before chapter 1 when you refuse to ironically kneel in his presence when he asks. :p

That is why I feel an inquisitor who kept the spirits or a Jedi knight will fit the story the best. Why?

It is revealed in the Inquisitor story, that he/she cannot die, as long as the spirits of the ancient Sith Lords remain inside him/her. The power of these spirits even have the ability to shield the inquisitor from force attacks, as seen in the inquisitor story. In Rise Of The Emperor, it is revealed that, as an inquisitor, the Emperor views you as someone who might one day rival him in power, hence why you have Vitiates/Valkorions attention.

As for Jedi Knight, he/she was powerful enough to defeat the true voice of the emperor, making things personal between the two. When playing as a Jedi Knight, the story becomes one about a Sith Lord who becomes obsessed with a Jedi that could possibly have the power to defeat him, which is why he becomes fixated on you.

With that said, I can only see the Sith inquisitor or the Jedi Knight still standing after that blast, because the Inqusitor/ Jedi Knight are built up to be the most powerful beings in the game. The rest of the classes are just for plot purposes.

Edited by cool-dude

That is why I feel an inquisitor who kept the spirits or a Jedi knight will fit the story the best.

SNIP

It all sounds cool an logical in theory, but KotFE is a "one size fits all" type of story, so.. yeah, every single class is going to fit the story with minimal differences, mostly in dialogues.

Edited by BenitsubasaChiyo

If you think it's so unbelievable...then why don't you just use your force-using characters?

I think the same as you...I've actually thought that for most of the game, which is why I only play force-users.

As far as I'm aware troopers, smugglers, agents and bounty hunters don't have lightsabers either. So how is their rivalry of Vitiate believable in any way? We suspend common sense from the get go since this is a science fiction story, but when the world begins to break their own rules and common sense that's when you need to take a second look at who's writing this.

Plot armor is one thing, when it's mostly concealed. This is a huge plot hole, in the first chapter of the expansion. Why is a non force user even being humored by this emperor when he could blast arguably one of the strongest sith of this time with one hit.

In the stream after he dies, the character speaks of him in the past tense.

I wrote this stupid thing, might answer your questions, sort of.

Bear with me when I say this, but...

What the Force wants, the Force gets.

It might not make sense, entirely, but I've always viewed the force as sort of a living thing in its own right. That's to say that the Force can have its own intentions and desired outcomes, with the obvious division expected of having a light and dark side.

This can include helping along people who don't consciously use it.

An individual that has become quite capable at consciously using the force, might do so by projecting kinetic motions for moving things around, or zappy lightning bolts of doom. They're known as Jedi, Sith, or just plainly force users. Now, their abilities are normally pretty good for use all the time, but what if they're not the only ones using the force? What if, quite possibly, other people of the seemingly more mundane nature are also unknowingly employing the force in their everyday actions?

Think of it as sort of like having stage hands to help out, only as the actor, you don't really see or know they're there. Like those stage hands dressed in their eye-fooling pitch black attire, the Force silently nudges your blaster to the right just enough to turn a harmless graze into a deadly bolt to the head. Perhaps it's even that bad feeling you have about this! ...or even just a 'stroke of luck' that gets you across that seemingly impassable gap and to safety.

In short, it's the plot armor that our less than overt force-users have, to get them through these adventures. They may not knowingly be as dangerous as those that are well versed in force-induced-head-explodery, but it might even very well be the reason the Emperor himself sees our smugglers, Agents, bounty hunters and troopers as unique enough for a personal audience - he can see the guiding strands of the force so carefully wrapped around each, ready to lash or caress the world into fitting an outcome that could either help, or ruin the Fallen Emperor's day.

Because hey, sometimes the force decides, y'know?

Spoilers are from Shadow of Revan, not KotFE leaks...

In SoR the Jedi Knight can express surprise at news that the Emperor is returning, stating that he defeated the Emperor and saw him die. Darth Marr will reply that the Hero of Tython wounded the Emperor's spirit more deeply than any other person ever has, but then adds that no single person can kill the Emperor.

I think the second half of that statement by Darth Marr might be foreshadowing a group effort in the Emperor's eventual defeat. Maybe the player character will be joined by Satele or Lana Beniko or whomever, similar to how you had allies in fighting Revan.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Spoiler tags please! Some of us are actually waiting for the xpac to come out and have avoided the game play vids and blogs. Thanks.

Then don't come into this thread genius. I could tell just from the title that it was about KotFE.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.