Cartel Market sale incoming...

Bakakiba

Good ol' Dufly. Always on top of things.

Her is a thought. IF rng is better with the new packs coming up and there is a better variety of packs available, wouldn't it be better to wait? The discount from this sale is significant, but I wonder if it might not be better to wait a little while longer.

I'd like to think this would mean all the cool armour sets would see a return to the GTN with more rational prices...but you just know the folk who'll be buying all these will be speculating gits who'll stash them until after the new "category packs" thing goes live and makes individual item sets stupidly rare(since you're then gambling to get one bit of armour from among every single CM armour set ever released).

Hey BW, how about instead of taking your RNG nonsense to Fairground Carny-levels of rigged and fobbing everyone off with a brief sale, you just let us buy the actual items we want to buy, all the time.

I was hoping to buy all 30 packs one last time but 40 percent off is still to expensive, it would cost me almost $1000 in cartel coins to buy all 30 pack again, too bad they aren't 50 percent of on the hyper crates, that would be a better deal and I would then buy all 30 packs one last time :(

Won't spend a single coin on these. BW has a lot of work to do in order to motivate me again to spend anything on this game ever again.

Look at me, this whole Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game revolves around me, ME there is NO ONE ELSE that plays this game!

here is your wake up call, you are not a special snowflake.

:mon_trap:

Don't forget people that there are new silver/gold packs coming with 4.0 that are basically packs solely set to give you the "type" of item you want.

i.e. buy a gold armour pack an you'll get a gold rarity armor item(s) guaranteed. These packs will have every released item in them. Same for other items like mounts, decorations, crystals etc.

Whilst it remains to be seen how the odds play out of you getting the EXACT item you want I think it's still better this new way since if you don't get it you are likely to get something that isn't trash as you do with most normal pack items.

Of course if you are after that single item you are always better off buying it from the GTN and using your real money buying these newp acks to sell them or the items to accomodate this. I imagine the return is going to be better from there new packs.

In short ... don't waste money on on these packs chasing ultra rare items, you'll get better chances when 4.0 launches. I personally see absolutely no reason to buy these packs beyond getting rep that you might have missed out on.

:mon_trap:

Don't forget people that there are new silver/gold packs coming with 4.0 that are basically packs solely set to give you the "type" of item you want.

i.e. buy a gold armour pack an you'll get a gold rarity armor item(s) guaranteed. These packs will have every released item in them. Same for other items like mounts, decorations, crystals etc.

Whilst it remains to be seen how the odds play out of you getting the EXACT item you want I think it's still better this new way since if you don't get it you are likely to get something that isn't trash as you do with most normal pack items.

Of course if you are after that single item you are always better off buying it from the GTN and using your real money buying these newp acks to sell them or the items to accomodate this. I imagine the return is going to be better from there new packs.

In short ... don't waste money on on these packs chasing ultra rare items, you'll get better chances when 4.0 launches. I personally see absolutely no reason to buy these packs beyond getting rep that you might have missed out on.

Cant wait to see the prices for the gold packs but for now i will take the 40 percent 0ff deal and pick up some choice stuff. Also good for getting a few million credits before KOTFE because i am sure it will be needed lol.

Edited by Heromofo

I'm sitting on nearly 8 million credits and was wondering if it would be better to buy a hypercrate now or when everything changes in the new expansion. Thoughts?

Hard to say without knowing what the new pack prices.

However it also depends which hypercrate you want? If it's any of the current packs ( core/rim etc. forgot their name ) I would wait for the usual 33% off they get just before embargoing and buy them a week or so later than that as that's when the price drops hard on the GTN.

If it's for any of the usual embargoed packs I would wait until the end of this sale or thereabouts as the prices will come down drastically over the next week or two.

What happens going forward from there really depends on the new packs prices but even then there will be no baseline for quite some time as supply and demand sort themselves out. These are ideally massive changes to our economy and it's hard to predict what will happen being that everything is becoming permanently available etc. so that changes how people used to buy to sell later when it became embargoed ( basically that is an obsolete strategy now ) and yeah, all sorts of different factors to take into consideration and I imagine it will take a good couple of months to get a true feel of how the economy operates again.

Main reason I'm not wasting credits or saved coins at this stage.

Cant wait to see the prices for the gold packs but for now i will take the 40 percent 0ff deal and pick up some choice stuff. Also good for getting a few million credits before KOTFE because i am sure it will be needed lol.

True enough, if you're a cash buyer and you would buy the KoTFE packs etc. regardless then it's a good discount really. However my advice is more geared towards those with saved coins or using credits.