Question about KOTFE Chapter One (minor spoilers)

Yermog

So I'm sure everyone in this thread (or just about everyone) has seen the TwitchCon playthroughs of Chapter One of KOTFE.

My question is this- the dreadnought ship that Darth Marr and the Outlander is on when the Zakuul attack is destroyed, either by them plowing it into some enemy ships in a last "screw you" move (Dark Side choice), or allowing the ship to be vulnerable while everyone gets out of there via escape pods (Light Side choice). So the ship blows up in space with Marr and the Outlander still on it, and they should really be dead because there's no escape pods near them and they're in the engine room or some lower deck. But the scene then shifts to the Outlander waking up on a bed in the flagship of the Zakuul prince, and both the Outlander and Marr are fine and dandy.

How did these two survive? I only have two possible answers- either they were phased out a la Star Trek or some weird Force Power, or these two "survivors" are just excellently made clones. Neither one seems particularly feasible to me. If someone knows the answer, or has a better theory than the two I just presented, I would love to hear it, because it's just bugging the heck out of me right now.

I was yellin at the stream when that happened ''HOW DID THEY SURVIVE!?'', then again we could assume that the two land on a nearby planet on the debrie of the ship and were captured on the ground....

What? IF CANDEROUS ORDO CAN DO IT, I DON'T SEE WHY WE CAN'T!

I was yellin at the stream when that happened ''HOW DID THEY SURVIVE!?'', then again we could assume that the two land on a nearby planet on the debrie of the ship and were captured on the ground....

What? IF CANDEROUS ORDO CAN DO IT, I DON'T SEE WHY WE CAN'T!

What debris, though? If they were on an actual boat ship, then sure, they could grab some debris and float off, but they're IN SPACE! It doesn't work that way! That's what bugs me! And I seriously doubt the Force would shield them for any amount of time. Maybe a few seconds. But still.

But yeah, I really hope they explain this loophole. And they better not do it dozens of chapters from now and say "Oh, they're just really good force-made clone copies, have fun with that!"

What debris, though? If they were on an actual boat ship, then sure, they could grab some debris and float off, but they're IN SPACE! It doesn't work that way! That's what bugs me! And I seriously doubt the Force would shield them for any amount of time. Maybe a few seconds. But still.

But yeah, I really hope they explain this loophole. And they better not do it dozens of chapters from now and say "Oh, they're just really good force-made clone copies, have fun with that!"

Well, I can't remember the scene entirely, but if they were near any planets or moons at the time, there is a possibility that the debris could be pulled down to crash land.

I have another question - how does the chapter start for Republic players? I find it hard to believe they too will arrive at imperial ship to talk with head of the Empire. Most likely they will be meeting Satele, right? Or maybe Suresh? Will Republic players wind up captured with Marr anyway or a rebublic NPC will be there to

get blasted by the Big Bad

instead of Marr?

P.S. Nevermind... saw the stream from chapter 3 with a JK, Marr still there. Lol.

Edited by Gelious

I have another question - how does the chapter start for Republic players? I find it hard to believe they too will arrive at imperial ship to talk with head of the Empire. Most likely they will be meeting Satele, right? Or maybe Suresh? Will Republic players wind up captured with Marr anyway or a rebublic NPC will be there to

get blasted by the Big Bad

instead of Marr?

P.S. Nevermind... saw the stream from chapter 3 with a JK, Marr still there. Lol.

The rep characters egt the same scene, since some of the republic and Empire are in an alliance to hunt down the Emperor, as Marr and the intro to KOFTE explains...

So I'm sure everyone in this thread (or just about everyone) has seen the TwitchCon playthroughs of Chapter One of KOTFE.

My question is this- the dreadnought ship that Darth Marr and the Outlander is on when the Zakuul attack is destroyed, either by them plowing it into some enemy ships in a last "screw you" move (Dark Side choice), or allowing the ship to be vulnerable while everyone gets out of there via escape pods (Light Side choice). So the ship blows up in space with Marr and the Outlander still on it, and they should really be dead because there's no escape pods near them and they're in the engine room or some lower deck. But the scene then shifts to the Outlander waking up on a bed in the flagship of the Zakuul prince, and both the Outlander and Marr are fine and dandy.

How did these two survive? I only have two possible answers- either they were phased out a la Star Trek or some weird Force Power, or these two "survivors" are just excellently made clones. Neither one seems particularly feasible to me. If someone knows the answer, or has a better theory than the two I just presented, I would love to hear it, because it's just bugging the heck out of me right now.

No.....The ship simply breaks in two, with the impact and damage absorbed by the central section of the ship, and possibly, the forward section, therefore guiding us to assume that they were in one of the lower aft decks, which of course is a natural spot for engineering, since it is near the engines.

No.....The ship simply breaks in two, with the impact and damage absorbed by the central section of the ship, and possibly, the forward section, therefore guiding us to assume that they were in one of the lower aft decks, which of course is a natural spot for engineering, since it is near the engines.

But how would that save them? Wouldn't the ship breaking in two, no matter their location at the time, mean that all life support systems had failed and they would be exposed to the elements (or lack thereof) of space? Unless the ship's areas had ways of shutting themselves off from significantly damaged areas of the ship, I'm not sure how this would allow them to survive.

But how would that save them? Wouldn't the ship breaking in two, no matter their location at the time, mean that all life support systems had failed and they would be exposed to the elements (or lack thereof) of space? Unless the ship's areas had ways of shutting themselves off from significantly damaged areas of the ship, I'm not sure how this would allow them to survive.

The ship isolating parts when massive damage has been sustained is not such a stretch. It can then be infered that our character (And Marr) were either knocked out by the crash or by the low oxygen level or whatever and retrieved by Arcann's Skytroopers (They are droids).

• 2 weeks later...

The thing I'm confused about is how this new emperor is the same as the old emperor. How is he in two bodies at once, and then spending time as a planet spanning incorporeal being, while still being in another body... And not using his Infinite Empire to help his Sith Empire.... and why the personality of the two emperors is so wildly different.

Also, there was a galaxy-spanning invasion that screwed up everyone, and somehow I missed it? This story has a lot of "skip ahead a few years..." stuff that's confusing me.

That's actually pretty probably. On a ship that size, there would have to be redundant systems for life support and to seal breaches with bulkhead or force fields, so that a problem in one section wouldn't put the rest of the ship in danger.

Presumably, they got KO'd by the force of the explosion/ramming, and were collected and sedated by the droid army that went to investigate the wreckage.