Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Level synch = Revival of SWTOR

Heat-Wave

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on a PvE server, so this is already not at issue.

Max... it's more about the spirit of the game though... it may not be an issue to your game, it's not necessarily an issue to many at end game either... but its the mean-spirited nature of it and how this should make steps towards alleviating this. It's a toxic aspect of this game and hopefully this will now go away. It's a good thing, whether you are RP, PVP, PVE w/e. It engenders a healthier spirit.

But instead, with level sync, you'll never quite outlevel Tattonine, instead you'll keep getting XP. So lets say you love Tat but hate Alderann, you can do everything on Tat, level up a bit, then go do just the class missions and blast out Alderann and move on asap since you arrived at Alderann a bit overleveled for it.

Now the question.

Why would i want to do operations, if my gear will be lowered to lower levels in 90% of the content i can play ?

:confused:

I'm looking forward to actually seeing raids forming for WBs now, since max lvs cant farm them solo anymore.

Also, RIP lv 60 PVP server campers camping lowbies in their own camps lol. So infuriating having to log your 60 and taking them over to lowbie planet at the middle of lvling when some sh*tter decided it was too much effort to do actual pvp and rather decided to corpsecamp lowbies to look cool.

Also, YAY I can now help friends lv on my main without them suffering XP penalty and gain something in the process too \o/

Edited by Kiesu

You know full well it's the best protection available ingame Reno ;)

My poor non-tank toons will be getting torn to peices!!

I only experience mount dismounts a lot when on my Rancor. My Mech Mounts have better success.

Also every class is getting or has some speed boost, Shouldn't be hard to zoom away or sacrifice your companion and then re-mount when you can.

Also Assault Tank with flourish guns is totally cooler than that silly Avalanche.

Ok, here's a crazy concept, I actually like to help people. I know right? It's weird, helping others, but I do.

So if someone asks for help with a heroic at 1 AM in the morning on some low level planet, I'll gladly help.

With the expansion coming up, I won't even bother going to lower level planets.

Win-win, am I right?

Oh and why I won't bother, because I won't be helping, I will be doing the same exact heroic they're doing.

That's not helping, that's just doing the heroic I did 40 levels ago. Help to me means 'fast and easy'.

Well, to be honest - you weren't helping before - you were doing it for them and gifting them the loot. That was your call man. The help I offer to levellers is in trying to understand why they can't complete the content. If I go and help them I try to understand their issue and resolve it. Pushing struggling players past content isn't helping them, it's compounding the issue!

Ok, so I posted that I don't like level sync... however, I am trying to see the upside, and I did just think of one situation where it could be a "good thing".

Imagine you're leveling, you're on Tattonine, and you're enjoying the place, you want to do the full planet story, the side missions, everything. Normally you end up outleveling the place, getting just 6 XP per mission after awhile making it kinda depressing to carry on, knowing that you'll have to do the same stuff on the next planet.

But instead, with level sync, you'll never quite outlevel Tattonine, instead you'll keep getting XP. So lets say you love Tat but hate Alderann, you can do everything on Tat, level up a bit, then go do just the class missions and blast out Alderann and move on asap since you arrived at Alderann a bit overleveled for it.

This does open up options to "level your way", doing extras one place, just the class missions somewhere else, always earning something from it rather than almost nothing.

Just trying to see the positive here. :)

Yes absolutely.

I have been aware of this and I agree totally.

So many times while leveling various characters I have been "forced" to move on because of greyed out quests.

So yeah this system gives more options while leveling.

I think there are more advantages but suffice to say I agree whole heartedly with you here :D

Remember when 3.0 was about to come out and how lots of people were REALLY MAD about how our dps was getting nerfed, and then a few weeks after 3.0 came out nobody cared anymore? I think this will probably be kind of like that.

Well, lowering DPS just made content harder again. It didn't remove any content.

You can say what you like, but I feel that being unable to do things I could do pre-KOTFE after KOTFE means content was effectively removed from my game.

3.0 Oricon Commanders became harder due to lower DPS, right?

KOTFE World Bosses become outright impossible to solo cause you're now level 32 on Tatoonie again.

Edited by Transairion

Yes absolutely.

I have been aware of this and I agree totally.

So many times while leveling various characters I have been "forced" to move on because of greyed out quests.

So yeah this system gives more options while leveling.

I think there are more advantages but suffice to say I agree whole heartedly with you here :D

When leveling alts, I don't move on because of grey missions, I still do them. I do most of the "planet" chain and many of the side-quests too. I like being over-leveled, makes the game more relaxing and more of a stress relief.

Well, lowering DPS just made content harder again. It didn't remove any content.

You can say what you like, but I feel that being unable to do things I could do pre-KOTFE after KOTFE means content was effectively removed from my game.

Funny how many people are saying "this adds more stuff to do, content will be worth doing again!"

No, not it won't. It will just be too much of a nuisance to bother with now.

Edited by Max_Killjoy

KOTFE World Bosses become outright impossible to solo cause you're now level 32 on Tatoonie again.

What content does level-syncing remove? I don't mean content intended and designed for groups.

Edited by pegasussgc

When leveling alts, I don't move on because of grey missions, I still do them. I do most of the "planet" chain and many of the side-quests too. I like being over-leveled, makes the game more relaxing and more of a stress relief.

Considering you'll still be max lv for the planet if overlvled I'd say your previous experience wont be changing that much anyway. Unless you were like ten level over.

What content does level-syncing remove? I don't mean content intended and designed for groups.

People will not do ops anymore.

Why ? because this new ops gear level 65, will only be useable on level 65 planet, other planets will get a nerf on this gear. So why would i do operation if i get nothing from it ? i can only use level 65 gear in level 65 content everything else is level synched.

Even cartel market level 10 +41 power crystal gets it's full power only at level 50 or above..

Edited by -Spc

Considering you'll still be max lv for the planet if overlvled I'd say your previous experience wont be changing that much anyway. Unless you were like ten level over.

Sometimes, yes. If you do most of the quests on every planet during 12x, and use some of the boosts you get along the way (because most of them you can't sell or send to alts anyway, so why not), you end up WAY overleveled, constantly flirting with "gray".

And frankly, I really have liked it that way. Makes the game more relaxing after work, instead of a sloggy grind.

(For those "l2p" trolls warming up, notice I said "sloggy grind", not "hard" or "challenging".)

Well, I applaud for trying to see the positive and I agree with you, it should be optional.

I dont get why people are overeacting. Are they mad that they cant one shot everything or are they mad about it being mandatory?

It's mandatory and has the potential to be an annoying time-waster.

I have enough mandatory, annoying and time-wasting activities at work. I don't want them in my happyfuntime.

Your deeply silly redefinition of content removal aside, my point is that a whole bunch of people got really bent out of shape over what turned out to be not a big deal whatsoever. Some of those same people (not naming any names!) are once again bent out of shape, and I think the end result will be quite similar. Time will tell.

Why ? because this new ops gear level 65, will only be useable on level 65 planet, other planets will get a nerf on this gear. So why would i do operation if i get nothing from it ? i can only use level 65 gear in level 65 content everything else is level synched.

Even cartel market level 10 +41 power crystal gets it's full power only at level 50 or above..

Yeah. Because I needed all that HM Revan loot to survive dailies 5 lvs bellow me.

Edited by Kiesu

No...your gear still works just fine. Set bonuses (passives) and stuff will work. All this was shown in the stream.

Edited by pegasussgc

The benefit for me is that there will be less content for me to waste my time on.

Wait...

Thats kinda where Im at. Im not leveling up to 65 so BW can down level me.

With it not being optional, it will be content I wont go back to nor help anyone with. Hell, I might just be ugly about it at the time if it will causes even one bit of negativity toward BW. Guess it will all be in the wording.

I'm kinda meh about the whole deal. Annoying if you're trying to farm rep or light/dark but hardly a deal breaker.

OTOH, if memory serves, isn't there a part of one of the Imp story chain(s) where you have to go back to DK and run through a heroic area to reach an instance? Normally you've outlvled the area so not an issue, but now? You're not lvl 60 at this point with good gear rather mid 30s iirc. Could potentially be a problem. Don't remember if the area is a 2 or 4 man.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.