Future Merc pains

FourPawnBenoni

Well, with the increase in CD to HO / HtL there isn't any need to take Thrill of the Hunt / Forced March anymore as you'll spend more time rooted / slowed anyway. So you may as well spend the heroic utility point there now as a Merc / Mando player, as well as the 30% DR reduction while stunned.

Yes, but it's still a skill tax on a class that doesn't need it. (I know you don't necessarily disagree with that)

Sorcerers rightly have to pay for Backlash, Corrupted Barrier and the like. But of the new abilities, Rocket Out really won't provide much of a benefit without that utility. Every other new ability except for Mad Dash is just fine by itself.

Since you lot even have me whining about Sorcs now, I might as well carry on. :jawa_angel: Sorcerers will do very well with Phase Walk just as it is. The utility just adds a new dimension to the power. Rocket Out needs that utility to perform the basic function of the power, which is as an escape/disengage. I can't imagine how the baseline ability is helpful when another player can leap/storm/jet right to you or pull you if a Vanguard/Shadow tank. By contrast Phase Walk allows you to break LOS and/or range giving the player time to react.

I can already see how this will play out in my head.

Merc / Mando gets triple assaulted by three Sages. They immediately use their stun break, pop their knockback, then follow that with their new jump back ability to get maximum range from the sages.

If they are separated from their team, they will then use Hold the Line so that they won't get any movement impediments as they race back to their team mates.

The sages on the other hand will simply hit their burst run and catch up to merc / mando before they even have a chance to fire more than a single shot. It will be like a bad Bugs Bunny cartoon where Bugs runs pass a mystified Elmer Fud and asked him, "What's up Doc?"

Yes, burn through 4 utilities that can be countered by a single one and didn't even give the Merc / Mando anything more than a temporary 2 second gain.

I'm hardly a defender of sorcs, but come'on that's a 1v3. Besides 3 commandos will zero a Sorc way faster than 3 sorcs will zero a merc.

Are you assuming the Sorc/Sage won't be using their God bubble? Because that's the only possible way I see this scenario happening.

Are you assuming the Sorc/Sage won't be using their God bubble? Because that's the only possible way I see this scenario happening.

Net, and really that only necessary if the sorc reacts fast enough, which in my experience they often don't.

He could break and barrier which would technically by him time, but really he is just going to get globaled the instant barrier ends.

Edited by Zoom_VI

It's an interesting question and not as simple as it sounds. 3 Commandos can kill a Sage in 2 GCDs. That's requires some quick reaction time. If I'm adding right, the Sorcs will need a minimum of 3 GCDs.

This is assuming crits and best case scenario numbers on both sides.

It's an interesting question and not as simple as it sounds. 3 Commandos can kill a Sage in 2 GCDs. That's requires some quick reaction time. If I'm adding right, the Sorcs will need a minimum of 3 GCDs.

This is assuming crits and best case scenario numbers on both sides.

Ah, but the one thing is this though... likelyhood of having 3 Sorcs in an arena together is pretty high, likelyhood of 3 mandos in an arena together? Well they're not going to be that bright playing the class in the first place...

I'd say the Sorc wins the 3v1 :D

• 3 weeks later...

Operatives get a teleport

Juggs get a dash

Mara's get a dash

Sin's get a teleport (on only a 30 second cool down LOL)

How the heck are we going to get away from any melee??? It's going to be the same old crap in ranked play; just get blown up right away. It's obvious EA just doesn't care about pvp at this point

Juggs get a dash

Mara's get a dash

How the heck are we going to get away from any melee??? It's going to be the same old crap in ranked play; just get blown up right away. It's obvious EA just doesn't care about pvp at this point

It's not that they don't care, it's just they don't actually play the game.

Or, at the very least, they've never tried playing a merc/mando in PvP.

Juggs get a dash

Mara's get a dash

Dude, mercs get JUMP-BACK ability! So what if your HO gets a longer cooldown, and you will get rooted more often than you do now, and you can't use JUMP-BACK when rooted! The fact alone that you get JUMP-BACK ability is over-the-top-MFing-ridiculous!!!!!! JUMP-BACK JACK, OH ****!!!!!!! You mercs will never die now! OP'd MERCS INCOMING 4.0!!!!! YOU READ IT HERE FIRST YO!!!