Do you think sage / sorc dps should have their barrier ability removed / reduced?

sharkfishman

Am I the only one who thinks that dps sorcs and sages have a somewhat unfair advantage due to their barrier ability? True, all classes have invulnerability abilities, but the difference is that they only last from 3 to 6 seconds max, which means that in a wz, if you're gonna die, you're still dead. The Sorc's 10 second bubble gives more than ample time for healers to heal them up to max, and they're nothing anyone can do about it. No push, no interrupts, nothing. I understand that it's a class perk, since they can't attack during that time, and Sorc healers need it to stay alive cause of their light armor, but for dps, I think that the 10 second activation should be shaved down to 4 or 6 seconds, to be equal to other classes. Edited by CommunityDroidEU
referral link removed.

Not really considering the following.

Sages in most events (minus being helped by a healer) will be tunneled after bubble and die regardless. That means 10 seconds of extra life not doing anything but hiding.

Now other classes:

Jugg - H2F with their ED and they have saber reflect, prolongs their life like bubble

Shadow - Shroud and stealth, prolongs their life better than bubble (can stealth out H2F then rejoin the fight)

Operatives - roll and avoid damage every 10 sec and then stealth out if it gets too hot

Snipers - Suck, feel bad for them if they don't have a tank

Marauders - suck, feel bad for them

Mercs - suck, feel bad for them

So you clearly play one of the sucky classes. It sucks man, but removing the sage bubble or reducing it would not be a good idea for the class. If anything, the other classes need some help.

Also put your referral link in your sig not in a post. A bunch of people will be in here to cry about that and probably report you.

I think that if Madness/Balance was nerfed down to reasonable levels in PvP, we could not nerf Barrier. But in it's current state, Madness/Balance is pretty much one of if not THE best Ranged DPS in PvP hands down. Snipers suck unless they have a tank to peel and a healer to heal them. and Mercs... Well, we don't talk about how bad mercs are in PvP. And let's not even talk about what 4.0 is going to do to buff sorcs even FURTHER... Personally, If they either A. Nerfed Madness/Balance or B. Removed Stun Bubble. Sorcs would be balanced.

How often I have thrown up my Force Barrier with two enemies just standing there waiting for my bubble to collapse before they finish me off. I am lucky to Force Speed away if they don't instantly stun me. I have even had my bubble up and died while it was up. It seems Sins can pierce my bubble or something. Edited by PaulusMaulus

no, I do not think that sorcs should have their barrier reduced or removed. quit complaining about sorcs/sage. they already have many disadvantages like light armor, reduced force storm damage, and etc... if sorcs/sage have their barrier reduced or removed, then assassins nad shadows should have their ability to cloak reduces or removed, snipers and such have their armor piercing abilty reduced or removed. quit picking on one class, it people like this that complain about sorcs/sages that have reduced the amount of players all across the servers. just enjoy the game, and quit taking like it's real life situations.

But in it's current state, Madness/Balance is pretty much one of if not THE best Ranged DPS in PvP hands down.

Oh? In PVP, single target burst typically matters a lot more than the slow and spread out damage that Balance/Madness provides.

Edited by RAVM

Am I the only one who thinks that dps sorcs and sages have a somewhat unfair advantage due to their barrier ability? True, all classes have invulnerability abilities, but the difference is that they only last from 3 to 6 seconds max, which means that in a wz, if you're gonna die, you're still dead. The Sorc's 10 second bubble gives more than ample time for healers to heal them up to max, and they're nothing anyone can do about it. No push, no interrupts, nothing. I understand that it's a class perk, since they can't attack during that time, and Sorc healers need it to stay alive cause of their light armor, but for dps, I think that the 10 second activation should be shaved down to 4 or 6 seconds, to be equal to other classes.

Barrier is 8 seconds. Next, Vanish has a duration? Marauders are stuck in one place with Force Camo?

Now, let me key you in on something. Lowering the duration to 6 seconds would be a BUFF with everything else staying the same. If you don't understand why, please don't suggest changes to classes you don't play.

Oh? In PVP, single target burst typically matters a lot more than the slow and spread out damage that Balance/Madness provides.

The Balance Tree gives the Sage more survivability than Telekenetics can since you can leach hit points back to yourself with Force in Balance and Force Serenity.

The Balance Tree gives the Sage more survivability than Telekenetics can since you can leach hit points back to yourself with Force in Balance and Force Serenity.

Sure, not to mention self-healing from DOTs, but I don't think that puts it in the running for the best DPS spec out there. The single target damage is quite lacking.

Edited by RAVM

Sure, not to mention self-healing from DOTs, but I don't think that puts it in the running for the best DPS spec out there. The single target damage is quite lacking.

Where Sages really shine is in Healing. That is their primary role and it shows. Yes, you can be a DPS Sage (I play one) and Telekenetics is more bursty but a DPS Sage will always play more of a support role than being a primary damage dealer (yet I often place 4th or higher on the Scoreboard in DPS). A Sage can bubble teammates. off heal (though if DPS spec'd those off heals will cost you in force points) amd a Sages AOE is one of the best in the game at stopping caps and bomb plantings.

no, I do not think that sorcs should have their barrier reduced or removed. quit complaining about sorcs/sage. they already have many disadvantages like light armor, reduced force storm damage, and etc... if sorcs/sage have their barrier reduced or removed, then assassins nad shadows should have their ability to cloak reduces or removed, snipers and such have their armor piercing abilty reduced or removed. quit picking on one class, it people like this that complain about sorcs/sages that have reduced the amount of players all across the servers. just enjoy the game, and quit taking like it's real life situations.

None of the classes you mentioned in comparison can HTF after their focus break....and the sniper is a league behind sorc/sage on the leaderboards. The 2 classes are not even comparable ATM. Give snipers a HTF after their roll and then start talking balance between the 2.