I am so glad I spent $1k on an SSD just for this game

KetMalice

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I can sit at loading screens for 5 minutes. Also glad I spend $250 a month on my internet connection.

Yeah well,

If you where computer savvy you would see that the loading screen time is hardly spend loading data from the HD but into the video card memory.

As for being savvy if you are paying $250 for internet you are paying wayyy too much.

rofl.

Firstly I have a standard $80 1TB Hard drive. Never seen a loading screen for more the 20 seconds.

Secondly, you can buy a 260GB OCZ Revo3 drive which goes from the point the BIOS loads, to fully booted usable windows 7 64bit in under 10 seconds. You can get this for under $800.

Thirdly, I live in Australia which has some of the most expensive home user internet plans in the world and we don't pay more the $120 a month.

Conclusion, you are either the best customer of all time and just throw your wallet and the sales guy and let him choose the price or your an idiot.

Post conclusion, who spends that much money for one title? Are you insane. If your going to waste your money at least donate it to a good cause.

As for being savvy if you are paying $250 for internet you are paying wayyy too much.

You cant really say that, considering the vast majority of American has absolutely no choice.

Take what the cable companies give you, or get some type of Satellite coverage, which sucks even worse.

I know we use to live in a small town and paid almost $275 a month for our bundle (cable+internet+phone), and that was with two boxes and a 1/10 internet connection. (1 down, 10 up)

Freaking outrageous, but we had no choice.. zero competition they set whatever prices they desire.

Now living where we are, we are getting 25/75, three boxes and a phone for $175. Simply because we have a choice between two providers (Fios/Verizon & Brighthouse/Roadrunner).

Remember kids, there's a reason America is ranked 26th (LOL) in the world in Internet Speed, and its not because we are fast.

wow, I don't have enough time to read the little tips at the bottom of the screen

I feel sorry for you guys

my system-

amd phenom ii x6 1090t at 4ghz

8g gskillz ddr3 at 1600mhz 6,8,6-24

2 hd5850's in crossfire

gigabyte 890fx

*Crucial C300 128g sata3 ssd (that's about 250$)

comcast standard cable internet bundle deal with tv and phone (about 120$ a month for all 3)

Edited by Khechari

You cant really say that, considering the vast majority of American has absolutely no choice.

Take what the cable companies give you, or get some type of Satellite coverage, which sucks even worse.

I know we use to live in a small town and paid almost $275 a month for our bundle (cable+internet+phone), and that was with two boxes and a 1/10 internet connection. (1 down, 10 up)

Freaking outrageous, but we had no choice.. zero competition they set whatever prices they desire.

Now living where we are, we are getting 25/75, three boxes and a phone for $175. Simply because we have a choice between two providers (Fios/Verizon & Brighthouse/Roadrunner).

Remember kids, there's a reason America is ranked 26th (LOL) in the world in Internet Speed, and its not because we are fast.

That's still not $175 for internet. You are paying for internet, tv, and phone. You are getting a lot more than just an internet connection for that price, so it's not a valid comparison.

and i still wait up to 2-3 minutes for a load screen at times. worst part is, i can hear my character inside the world (sounds, footsteps, my companions returning from crafting,etc) about 10% into the loading bar. Im forced to sit there for another minute or however long until the game deems im ready.
Same exact thing here. The bar fills about a quarter of the way, then all the sounds start, I can hear people running around me, companions returning with crew skills, etc... but the game just sits there at a quarter of a blue bar for another few minutes.

Certainly not the best comp in the world, but there's something going on here beyond just my system. I have no similar issues with any other games, including some that are significantly more demanding than SWTOR should be.

Impressive. I must have an amazing $80 HDD then.

HDD's are more expensive than SSD's at the moment due to the Thailand floods. :(

EDIT:

If you're having issues with how long it takes to load I did an experiment on two different Western Digital 1TB 7200rpm HDD's - the only difference being a 32MB Cache and a 64MB Cache. Needless to say the 64MB Cache (my main drive) loads the game in less than 15 seconds.

Edited by NetherFinch

There is absolutely no way that is true. I am sorry man but I have to call BS on this. It is one of the largest complaints from people...

My longest loading screens last at most 20-30 seconds...most are on the 5 - 15 second range.

No BS.

I also do not have a solid state drive.

So I can sit at loading screens for 5 minutes. Also glad I spend $250 a month on my internet connection.

... huh? Here watch this I can do that too.

So glad I paid a million dollars for my PC which like... helps me sit in a queue with everyone else, QQQQQQQQQQ.

Sorry you paid too much money for stuff? Maybe you should get a 2nd opinion before you swipe your card next time.

There is absolutely no way that is true. I am sorry man but I have to call BS on this. It is one of the largest complaints from people...

i have a piece of garbage SSD that i bought for $50. loading screen for Taris just took 22 seconds.

Same exact thing here. The bar fills about a quarter of the way, then all the sounds start, I can hear people running around me, companions returning with crew skills, etc... but the game just sits there at a quarter of a blue bar for another few minutes.

Certainly not the best comp in the world, but there's something going on here beyond just my system. I have no similar issues with any other games, including some that are significantly more demanding than SWTOR should be.

I have this problem as well, it's so bad if I'm on a planet and I get huttball warzone, I get kicked back to fleet for idling, 10seconds after I enter, I can't even play my lvl 35 char anymore as loading times suck the fun from the game

I said 5 minutes was an exaggeration to get people to read the problem.

Your computer loads the game super fast, but the coding is done so horribly that the SERVER doesn't talk to your computer and tell it to move on. The server isn't telling our computer what to load, so it makes us wait 30-45 seconds normally, rarely up to a minute and a half-no exaggeration. It is like the server is putting us in a "load que" and we have to wait our turn.

GASP!!! You had to wait a whole 30-45 seconds for it to load? OMG what will you ever do with all that extra time?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.