The Suggestion Compilation Thread - Regularly updated!

RuinGaming

Dunno if this was mentioned before in this thread, but one of the main things I can think of is a simple one, and not even in the game itself.

Why isn't there a "Suggestions" forum on this website? It would free up the general forums, give everyone a standard place to put their suggestions (good or bad... and there's a LOT of good suggestions), and if absolutely nothing else, gives Bioware a place to move suggestions and then ignore them forever if that's what they want. Personally, I hope that last one is not the case, but...

And, while I'm on the subject of forums, why the heck isn't there a search function? Seriously, how hard is it to put one in? Did no one at bioware consider the fact that people may want to actually search for posts relevant to their questions without having to go through each page one at a time?

Just a personal observation: There's so many little, common sense things missing from the game that I have serious doubts about Bioware's confidence in the longevity of this product.

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=164577

I liked this guys suggestion and wanted to make sure it was provided here since the lame mods shut his thread down so fast.. why do they close threads with a positive tone and allow so many negative threads to exists is beyond me.

Here is the guys original post:

Will we ever see an option to turn off other players Titles and Legacy names? Not just your own?

I'd like to just be able to see 1 name instead of having players with long first names long legacy names and multi-word titles (Grand champion of the great hunt or w/e, as an example) just filling up my screen especially in hectic group combat.

Having all these words over someones character can also make it hard to figure out what they are actually called quickly, maybe that's just me, but when I see someone getting pounded on in PvP and I want to Intercede them or throw Guard up, but I can't click on them in the game world due to so many other people in the mix, I then look to my op frames see many members on low health that are close and mixed in the combat but as I can't tell this persons name due to their's and many others multiple long names and titles... you get the idea.

Plus all the variations of Fett, Solo and Kenobi Legacies I see just winds me up.

I agree with pretty much everything on the list and hope that bioware prioritizes these changes compared to just pumping out bugging raid content.

UI customization as a whole is very lack-luster it either needs to be opened up to modders or increase the option drastically. Shouldnt have to have side bars.. if i want 4 bars on the bottom i should be able. I should also be able to shift the bars over to left or right instead of dead center. Along with UI scaling if i want bars bigger or smaller or the map bigger or smaller I should be able to do it.

fix pvp and im happy, the lag, the brackets and we're fine. if not ur gonna loose more subs and well what company wants that? less money coming in means less money going out...

Bioware u crush Blizzard u just gotta try... im with ya, if i could help in anyway i would hell i would do it for free.

Could already be mentioned many times before, yet, since no changes in this area are seen, I'd write about it.

Do something about FORUM, it's your core tool of community building and major way of getting feedback and it's VERY bad atm. I have not seen such a user-unfriendly one for a long time. 10 years ago, mb, It would be more or less ok, but not in 2012.

1. SEARCH - cmon, even freeware forum engines have it, it makes no sence at all! People need info, people want help, and all they can do is make yet another thread, that would dissapear in an hour from the first page if not bumped. Use google site search if you got no one to set a proper forum into site over there!

2. making proper subforums, like bugreporting, suggestions forum etc. It would serve YOU(devs) well even more then us (users), actually. One bug- one topic, one suggestion - one topic. Not those walls of texts that include both demands on private wallpapers design on the ship and rebalanbcing classes or fixing UI.

3. Fontsize. Its REALLY tiny (laptop 15", 1280*800, opera). I've never ever before needed opera's scaling tool, though I got some eyesight problems. And here I hardly can read it without making at least 110%. Should admit that scaling works ok, though - no overlaping or tables craching etc. Yet +1 in fontsize could be nice.

4. Trying to look for my OWN messages from my OWN profile results in error screen saying that "I do not have permission to access this page".

5. PM. Are we supposed to have one? Looks like yes. Where are PM buttons then? All I managed to find is my inbox. If the way to send PMs exists - you did hide it well.

6. Forum-account bindings. Well...you know what I mean, may not be that very integrated as blizz did with their armory, yet - something from that way. So that posters from same servers could recognize each other even if not having server names and chars in their signs. Not a priority - sure, but would be nice. If there are no HR planned for integrating game base into the forum...well, you could at least give players some manual filling fields in a proper section of their profile (eg. server name-char class-char name-char level). Is it so hard to create another table in db(I know its not, cos I used to be site-suport, actually)??

Really, make community tools equal to the game content. Atm it looks like we got them from different ages.

Please add this to the list:

Enable High-res textures again, but put one of the following restrictions on it to prevent processing load issues:

1) Have the High-res only apply to your character and party members.

2) Have the High-res apply only to the first 20 character models to load on the screen.

1. make hoods again go over masks.. It looks terrible and it breaks down Revan...

2.Make slicing again useful skill... Reducing it because of bunch of people with short vision and a lot of jealousy was not a good move... Slicers pumps economy with money.. They are the one who buy items from crafters even for higher prices.. Crafters who voted for reducing slicing you should know this: "you cut down your golden pig"... If you would be wise than you would higher prices and not cut down the people who can buy stuff from you...

3. Bound on equip should be bound on account not on character... There are few very nice gear that some clever person from Bioware putted in to random drop so you meet that gear like once a 10 characters... My specific problem is there there is Supreme Inquisitors set which is the only one robe for SI and it is for many people the only gear that looks good from SI collection... Other classes have a lot of this robes but SI not.. And this set is random drop... I never had this drop but I was lucky and bought it from some guy... Now I would like my new SI character to wear it but I cant because it is bound on my old character and probably I will not meet that set again...

4. Make more common gear for force classes.. Force classes should have robes in common... But it happens that Jedi knights have robes only with hoods and SI dont have robes at all... Robe means this:

http://tor.zamimg.com/torhead/uploads/images/7577.jpg

http://tor.zamimg.com/torhead/uploads/images/7578.jpg

So JK are complaining that once they go robes than they never see hair of their characters again... and SI are complaining because they dont have any robes at all.. Also pants should be common for all force classes... Means more of pants for JC and SI... Skirts are nice but there are a large group of males who feel strange in skirts and women who would like to have more pants option too...

Pants and robes are common wear of force users of all kind in all SW movies, series and stuff...

Edited by Allblackmusic

Rework the resolve system a little bit.

Perhaps increasing the build up for most cc abilities and/or Making resolve break current cc when its buildt. Imo would fix a lot of problems concerning the aparent "OP ness" of some classes being able to stunlock.

The OP says it was updated Jan 10th, and that suggestions will be "prioritized" based on the number of people asking for them.

I've actually read the entire thread, and it seems the prioritization is more accurately described as based on OP's preference. PvP takes a huge chunk of the original post. On my computer, there are two full screens of PvP suggestions, fleshed out with details. PvE is all of five bullet points, including such general suggestions as /roll and "more flashpoints."

There are also a ton of suggestions in this thread that didn't make the cut at all, and never got added to the main compilation. Sure, some of them are bad ideas (in my opinion) but the purpose of such a list, as I understand it, is to collect suggestions in one place, not cast judgement on the value of said suggestions or decide which ones are highlighted for the developers to see and which languish in the middle of 37 pages of other suggestions.

So my next suggestion is this: Properly update the thread with all suggestions given. I know that is a lot of work. If you don't want to do it, let me know, and I will.

Could already be mentioned many times before, yet, since no changes in this area are seen, I'd write about it.

Do something about FORUM, it's your core tool of community building and major way of getting feedback and it's VERY bad atm. I have not seen such a user-unfriendly one for a long time. 10 years ago, mb, It would be more or less ok, but not in 2012.

1. SEARCH - cmon, even freeware forum engines have it, it makes no sence at all! People need info, people want help, and all they can do is make yet another thread, that would dissapear in an hour from the first page if not bumped. Use google site search if you got no one to set a proper forum into site over there!

2. making proper subforums, like bugreporting, suggestions forum etc. It would serve YOU(devs) well even more then us (users), actually. One bug- one topic, one suggestion - one topic. Not those walls of texts that include both demands on private wallpapers design on the ship and rebalanbcing classes or fixing UI.

3. Fontsize. Its REALLY tiny (laptop 15", 1280*800, opera). I've never ever before needed opera's scaling tool, though I got some eyesight problems. And here I hardly can read it without making at least 110%. Should admit that scaling works ok, though - no overlaping or tables craching etc. Yet +1 in fontsize could be nice.

4. Trying to look for my OWN messages from my OWN profile results in error screen saying that "I do not have permission to access this page".

5. PM. Are we supposed to have one? Looks like yes. Where are PM buttons then? All I managed to find is my inbox. If the way to send PMs exists - you did hide it well.

6. Forum-account bindings. Well...you know what I mean, may not be that very integrated as blizz did with their armory, yet - something from that way. So that posters from same servers could recognize each other even if not having server names and chars in their signs. Not a priority - sure, but would be nice. If there are no HR planned for integrating game base into the forum...well, you could at least give players some manual filling fields in a proper section of their profile (eg. server name-char class-char name-char level). Is it so hard to create another table in db(I know its not, cos I used to be site-suport, actually)??

Really, make community tools equal to the game content. Atm it looks like we got them from different ages.

They are using Drupal for this site, so I would suggest they hire/outsource a Drupal Administrator.

:rolleyes:

DONT READ THIS:

Now that you are reading this:

I think it would be great to use emotes during cinematics when your characters are just standing around. I absolutely guarantee that it will make cinematics more fun and engaging when you are playing with friends.

I love Bioware. they have done a great job with this game. There are some things that they didnt think about.

1) The space battle system is terrible. it may improve but its currently not what i expected and im not expecting much.

2) I know the game hasnt been out long but seriosuly Learn from the MMOs your trying to kill off. ie. World of warcraft. this is where most of us have come from so dont force us back in time to Wow 2006.

3) Great stories for all the classes. only it feels more single player since if i help soemone with a lower lvl quest i get 5 exp. instead of 10k exp. give us a bonus for helping the player thats been asking for help for 20 mins in /1

4) The guild Roster is less useful than a screenshot of a guild Roster.

5) Let us customize the game with Addons not Mods but things like Recount, Bartender, Latency castbars, Omen threat monitor and other usefull addons that only reqally change the look of our UI.

5) I still have over a month to play so ill be playing from time to time but Honestly. Did you guys play any MMOs before you made this one?

6) Give me a job so i can Have a better understanding of what goes on in your studio or whatever you call it. i bet i can turn some heads.

I have other issues with the game but ill leave it here.

Bioware Fow Life..

May the force be with you....

While I think that free-flight between planets might be a bit much... if it's POSSIBLE to revamp the space combat to be more along the lines of, say, the old Tie Fighter game (possibly the best Star Wars space combat game in a long time) where you have objectives and finite weapons to accomplish the goal without getting killed, but aren't limited to the rail-shooter that we have now, I would literally jump up and down for joy.

As well as extend my sub six months, prepaid, right then and there. :)

I wanna put my votes in for three MMO features that are missing from SWTOR: an account-wide shared bank, Guild Halls, and Player Housing.

1) Shared Bank: I should be able to trade loot and crafted items between ALL my alts without paying for mail or having to pay fees and risk a Nar Shadaa GTN trade for cross-faction alts. I earned those items and there's no reason I shouldn't be able to use them on all my alts.

2) Guild Halls: involves similar technology to Player Housing but adds the value of more meaningful social interaction and community in-game. The ability to add features including vendors, trainers, bank, guild-wide bank & both faction GTN and cross-faction GTN could be rewards for guild-wide efforts. Working together for a shared reward is a bonus. The ability to meaningfully support guild communties is important.

3) Player Housing: allows a more meaningful connection to the fantasy world in game, has potential social benefits, and is fun for those who enjoy it. It broadens the appeal of the game to a wider audience, therefore it enriches the player base which even benefits those who don't care about it. A diverse player community is better for the game as a whole than a very narrowly focused one with players who only care about all combat all the time. By the way, the latter players are also players less interested in the storytelling Bioware is so good at. Missing this fantasy feature undercuts appeal to an audience that Bioware is in a good position to attract. The ability to decorate creatively with objects found, with varying levels of difficulty, throghout the game, and display them publicly, even when you are offline, is key to this feature's success.