Havoc Trooper Armor Looks Awful

Cavadus

The Shae Vizla set is a great example to bring up, because I've seen a lot of people say "Oh, you're only disappointed because it's lower-res than the one in the photo-realistic trailer." But the Vizla set proves that they can take an elaborate armor set from one of those trailers and do a great job with it in-game. They just really dropped the ball on this one. Too bad, because it's arguably THE iconic set for troopers.

Warning ! Vitriol incoming !

Maybe it's because Shae is an imperial-side character, and Troopers are from the Republic ?

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think they could just drop the triangular landmine on the chest and it would look 100% better.

Not all the troopers in the video had that piece.

Of course now that they have this they need to go back and re-outfit Tavus and the rest of the old Havoc Squad in this stuff when they start off the trooper story.

Edited by Taramayne

This set looks TERRIBLE! Sell it off CHEAP NOW! Sell it while there's a slight demand for it, before people realize how hideous it really is...get your 1000 credits and get rid of this godawful gear while you can.

For anyone on the Harbinger, I'll be happy to take this horrendous looking gear off your hands for 1500 credits per piece (yes, I'm willing to take a loss of 500 credits per pathetic piece cuz I'm just that kind). First come, first served offer...once I'm out of credits (which really won't take long), my offer is rescinded and you'll be stuck with this garbage clogging up your valuable vault space.

MOVE QUICK! Sell LOW! Save yourselves!!! Get out while you can!!!

B-b-but I liked it (except for the lack of Havoc patch, I guess)... :confused: My friend was lucky enough to get half of the set, dammit

If it looks so awful, you may as well sell it to me :p

YOU FOOL! You clearly don't know what you like and dislike...it's PITIFUL! Sell it now (preferably to me) while you can...once people start seeing this on other players, demand will bottom out and you'll be stuck looking like a clown. DON'T BE A CLOWN!

;)

Edited by TUXs

I do have to say I am quite disappointed with it. There is so much they could have done with it, make it stand out for how important it is to the game's history. Yet they just made it a slightly different looking trooper armor set that resembles the Havoc armor.

Oh and then there's trying to color it, oh that's bad.

As for the Havoc symbol not being on it, that makes sense, it is a Cartel Market item after all, open to everyone to own. Only troopers can be apart of Havoc squad, so any other class and faction shouldn't be wearing armor with the symbol on it.

the only thing ill admit is that it looks better for body type 3s than it does for any other body type. But they made the armor true to how it looked here:

granted it should maybe have had some helmet and chest variations but bioware typically doesn't do that (sadly)

That part is true, for me and some Vets, we agreed that the Havoc Armor should look bulky, but not to the point where there would be no way for any Troopers to wear them.

From what i saw on a site, where a female Body-Type 1 and 2 makes any female at least look Anorexic. Hope ppl know what Anorexia is lol.

It's pretty much the same fore Male Body-Types 1 and sometimes Type 2 bodies on Males to.

I personally don't think EAWare should ever put anything in-game that isn't finished, or true to form, especially when ppl have to spend Real world money for these things.

Me and most Vets agreed that Havoc Squad Armor should be a bit Bulky, and also have them look like the armor they had in the Alderaan War Trailer. They also didn't include like i've been saying, the Real Havoc Squad belts as well, and would have to get at least almost the same Havoc Squad belt from another Cartel Market Armor set.

For me, when it comes to Military types of characters, with exception to Trooper Healers, i make them all Body-type- 3's. I know from being around the military all my life that Most Troops are Body-type-2's however. But the Body-types I use depends on what i name all my Characters. So i can be as true to their namesakes looks as much as possible.

No, the Havoc Squad armor is badly done.

If you take a quick look at it, it seems ok. It resembles what you see in the Blur video. Yeah a few things might be off like the Havoc symbol, but whatever. It is still Havoc armor with the red and white design, the armor plates fit the body as they should and you aren't carrying around an AC unit on your back.

But then you take a closer look. The armor is ruined by a huge almost shield size buckle on the chest piece. Really, you can't get way from that oversized black triangle just floating there on your chest with a red dot on it. It is not just out of place, it is comical and makes you wonder if this isn't some defunct proto version.

I'm hoping that is not what was intended and they update the set.

There are more problems than that. The backpack is too flat against the back. It's oversized as well. The landmine looking thing on the chest seems too large regardless of the body type you put it on, but it seems even larger on body type 3 males. The chestguard is horrible. Even worse are the pants. They look like they are spray painted on. They just don't have that "armored" look. The boots seem to have a scaling issue or something. They seem almost too small even with the pants being such as they are. The helmet is also too narrow at the base. It seems like it was made for one of those banking clan guys, not a human trooper.

Basically, they really screwed this one up.

Edited by Spamfritter

YOU FOOL! You clearly don't know what you like and dislike...it's PITIFUL! Sell it now (preferably to me) while you can...once people start seeing this on other players, demand will bottom out and you'll be stuck looking like a clown. DON'T BE A CLOWN!

;)

TUX, i trust what you think, what do you think of the Havoc Squad armor, and other things. I haven't enough money yet to buy this set of CM Merchandise.??

Usually he doesn't respond to me, unless i PM him lol.

Edited by MandFlurry

im going to have to agree. its like they took one glance at the armor in a picture and then started working on it. its pretty off on almost every piece. i really wanted it to be good, it looks so good in the trailer. but now i might just use the helmet if any piece at all. the orbalisk set was definitely off.

Every armor in the latest pack looks dull, Imo. By now nothing is really new, it's the same all over again. I wish BW would try something new for once. Be inspired, look at the armor in Force Unleashed. Modern looking but still Star Wars.

But nope, it's like they have the same single designer that never stray from the same base design they have used since the launch of SWTOR.

I realize this game doesn't even come close to realism, but this set doesn't even make sense logically - what sort of soldiers would wear combat uniforms that are white and red. It's almost literally painting a target on yourself.

I could understand the Stormtroopers doing it (having bright armor that makes for an easy target) in the original Star Wars movies, because they were meant to be cannon fodder and also intimidate people. But Republic special forces?

TUX, i trust what you think, what do you think of the Havoc Squad armor, and other things. I haven't enough money yet to buy this set of CM Merchandise.??

Usually he doesn't respond to me, unless i PM him lol.

LOL! I'll let you know tonight...I think I'm going to like it though (not enough to pay THAT much for it), but I think it'll be a nice cosmetic appearance. I'm just too dumb to figure out that whole collection preview thing to try it before it's on the GTN...the way stuff is sorted on the left in collections gives me anxiety.

I'm going to quell this thread right here.

The Havoc Squad armor was designed after the OLD Havoc Squad Like when Jek Kardon lead it. (Also funny little sidenote, Canonically the Trooper's codename is Meteor, which is NEVER mentioned in the game at all, had to dig it up from Wookiepedia while getting info on this Havoc Squad armor design.) So, stop ************ that it looks like trash and is not "Havoc Squad" Havoc got rebranded and colored when Harron Tavus became the leader.

I'm going to quell this thread right here.

The Havoc Squad armor was designed after the OLD Havoc Squad Like when Jek Kardon lead it. (Also funny little sidenote, Canonically the Trooper's codename is Meteor, which is NEVER mentioned in the game at all, had to dig it up from Wookiepedia while getting info on this Havoc Squad armor design.) So, stop ************ that it looks like trash and is not "Havoc Squad" Havoc got rebranded and colored when Harron Tavus became the leader.

So it's throwback armor?

IThe Havoc Squad armor was designed after the OLD Havoc Squad Like when Jek Kardon lead it.

What is your source for this? The launch trailers? If so, what we have in-game is a very poorly translated version of that. Just look at the spray painted leggings for all of the proof you need.

Not to mention the awful textures, messed up helmet in multiple ways, et cetera.

The launch armors look significantly more detailed and with crisper textures than the havoc phone-in we just got.

After getting the full set, with the small hope that it would look better then it does in the preview window..........

It still looks bad.

It's got a lack of detail, wrong proportions, those damn skinny jeans for the leg armor, and just and over all flat look to the pieces. And unlike every other set of trooper armor in the game, the elbow pads are part of the chest piece, not the gloves.

BW really needs to do an adjustment to this armor and update it to look closer to the source armor. It would only take a few tweaks to make it like it should look.

But knowing BW, an updated correct version would be introduced in another cartel pack, to cash grab the players even more.