Havoc Trooper Armor Looks Awful

Cavadus

Boots are a'ight, rest is bad. Lots of it doesn't match up well with the armor in the Deceived trailer, textures are crap, helmet is significantly off...

Have a friend who got three hypercrates in an attempt to get the set. Got everything except the belt and gloves but I got to see it in a few different lights on ultra graphics with an R9 290. I bought one hypercrate myself (and all I got was gloves and bracers, lulz).

But, yikes, whomever made it did a really bad job.

Edited by Cavadus

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the only thing ill admit is that it looks better for body type 3s than it does for any other body type. But they made the armor true to how it looked here:

granted it should maybe have had some helmet and chest variations but bioware typically doesn't do that (sadly)

The thing that's appealing about it to me is that, besides the Verpine armors, this is one of the few sets that looks "practical". Most of the "trooper" armor is nearly identical in bulk and impractical size...this set actually looks feasible.

I would say its average / good, compare the set to how horrible the lucian draay armor is, or the orbalisk armor. Those 2 are lost potentials.

Have you ever seen any version of Orbalisk armor that was good? I have not, as they all look ludicrous (it is a bunch of bugs on a body after all)

And as far a Lucien is concerned, without the shoulderpads, it is passable, but nothing special

Have you ever seen any version of Orbalisk armor that was good? I have not, as they all look ludicrous (it is a bunch of bugs on a body after all)

And as far a Lucien is concerned, without the shoulderpads, it is passable, but nothing special

I thought it looked better with the shoulder pads tbh >.> my problem with both sets is that they didn't really follow one of the good designs. (or had issue implementing it somehow)

havoc armor should be a legendary tier armor only usable by trooper, not a cartel market item

Unfortunately, it seems that BioWare has given up on making interesting and unique quest rewards, especially armors with any kinds of restrictions. I would personally love to see some more armors introduced to the game that require a certain class to wear, especially if they were made available through in game methods (such as a quest chain, crafting, or some series of secret bosses in the line of the entities.).

Hell, by making the Orbalisk Armor adaptive (let's ignore how ugly it is for the moment), they completely ignore the fact that Orbalisks are living creatures who feed off of the force potential of darksiders. A better way to introduce this armor would have been to add Dxun, and introduce a quest chain on there where your character is introduced to Orbalisks, and learns how to use them as armor. In addition, the armor would be restricted to Knights, Warriors, Consulars, and Inquisitors with DS3 or higher allignment.

The Havoc armor is another perfect example of wasted potential in introducing some form of in game path to obtain a unique, class specific appearance.

Unfortunately, the Cartel Market is what we're stuck with. Almost every piece of armor that players actually want will be introduced there, if at all, simply because it works. They know they can throw it up there, even halfassed (see Lucien Draay), and people will still throw money at their computer to get it.

I'll swap out helmet and chest for something else, but the other pieces seem fine to me.

My preference is the MA-35 for chest as it has the emblem on the front of the chest and is fairly compact (no refrigerator backpack, wings, etc.).

Edited by Andryah

Out of all the armor, this is the one I have wanted the most and have had to wait almost 4 years for it to be it the game.

Unfortunately, this is about the worst implementation of a signature armor in the game. The designer for it should be ashamed of how badly it looks.

They did a great job when they put the Shae Vizla armor in the game. Can't say the same about the Havoc armor.

Everything, from the proportions, to the scaling, colors and textures is just off. The fact that it doesn't even have the Havoc insignia on it just shows how lazy they were with the design.

It was supposed to look like this:

http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr110/inspain92/Havoc%20Squad/16000_4341498328266_1004374032_n_zps5abca7e5.jpg

What we got was just about the worst lazy cash grab they have put in the game yet.

No, the Havoc Squad armor is badly done.

If you take a quick look at it, it seems ok. It resembles what you see in the Blur video. Yeah a few things might be off like the Havoc symbol, but whatever. It is still Havoc armor with the red and white design, the armor plates fit the body as they should and you aren't carrying around an AC unit on your back.

But then you take a closer look. The armor is ruined by a huge almost shield size buckle on the chest piece. Really, you can't get way from that oversized black triangle just floating there on your chest with a red dot on it. It is not just out of place, it is comical and makes you wonder if this isn't some defunct proto version.

I'm hoping that is not what was intended and they update the set.

Edited by Rafaman

But then you take a closer look. The armor is ruined by a huge almost shied size buckle on the chest piece. Really, you can't get way from that oversized black triangle just floating there on your chest with a red dot on it. It is not just out of place, it is comical and makes you wonder if this isn't some defunct proto version.

/Agree.

That buckle is straight out of some low grade B Sci Fi movie. It's terribad, and so the chest will discarded from any characters I the other pieces on.

Maybe it was meant to keep the chest from dropping around your ankles when you run. :p Hey... they can put a flourish on it!..... the buckle falls on the ground the Trooper trips and falls as chest piece surrounds ankles. :p:p:p:p:p

Edited by Andryah

[quote=Rafaman;8423345

But then you take a closer look. The armor is ruined by a huge almost shied size buckle on the chest piece. Really, you can't get way from that oversized black triangle just floating there on your chest with a red dot on it. It is not just out of place, it is comical and makes you wonder if this isn't some defunct proto version.

black triangle with a red dot on it?

/Agree.

That buckle is straight out of some low grade B Sci Fi movie. It's terribad, and so the chest will discarded from any characters I the other pieces on.

Maybe it was meant to keep the chest from dropping around your ankles when you run. :p Hey... they can put a flourish on it!..... the buckle falls on the ground the Trooper trips and falls as chest piece surrounds ankles. :p:p:p:p:p

Lol. At least then it would serve a purpose.

I was watching the Blur trailer and there were a few Havoc troopers that had the triangle, but it wasn't oversized and it fit proportionally. But this... this thing is like a pinwheel. Maybe the buckle is a flourish item that spins as you run and plays your theme song.

Lol. At least then it would serve a purpose.

I was watching the Blur trailer and there were a few Havoc troopers that had the triangle, but it wasn't oversized and it fit proportionally. But this... this thing is like a pinwheel. Maybe the buckle is a flourish item that spins as you run and plays your theme song.

https://i.gyazo.com/a4e2113e035f69144b175bec0ee126dc.png

https://i.gyazo.com/1b3b68d5d3b646b53cdc33ac15a65246.png

seems about even to me

but like I said, you do kinda need a body type 3 to get the most out of this armor

Edited by Faardor

Out of all the armor, this is the one I have wanted the most and have had to wait almost 4 years for it to be it the game.

Unfortunately, this is about the worst implementation of a signature armor in the game. The designer for it should be ashamed of how badly it looks.

They did a great job when they put the Shae Vizla armor in the game. Can't say the same about the Havoc armor.

I agree with all that 100%.

The Shae Vizla set is a great example to bring up, because I've seen a lot of people say "Oh, you're only disappointed because it's lower-res than the one in the photo-realistic trailer." But the Vizla set proves that they can take an elaborate armor set from one of those trailers and do a great job with it in-game. They just really dropped the ball on this one. Too bad, because it's arguably THE iconic set for troopers.

The macrobinoculars…SO BAD…Just randomly sticking out of the helmet at a right angle, inexplicably taking up the space where the visor is supposed to be…

Unfortunately, it seems that BioWare has given up on making interesting and unique quest rewards, especially armors with any kinds of restrictions. I would personally love to see some more armors introduced to the game that require a certain class to wear, especially if they were made available through in game methods (such as a quest chain, crafting, or some series of secret bosses in the line of the entities.).

Hell, by making the Orbalisk Armor adaptive (let's ignore how ugly it is for the moment), they completely ignore the fact that Orbalisks are living creatures who feed off of the force potential of darksiders. A better way to introduce this armor would have been to add Dxun, and introduce a quest chain on there where your character is introduced to Orbalisks, and learns how to use them as armor. In addition, the armor would be restricted to Knights, Warriors, Consulars, and Inquisitors with DS3 or higher allignment.

The Havoc armor is another perfect example of wasted potential in introducing some form of in game path to obtain a unique, class specific appearance.

Unfortunately, the Cartel Market is what we're stuck with. Almost every piece of armor that players actually want will be introduced there, if at all, simply because it works. They know they can throw it up there, even halfassed (see Lucien Draay), and people will still throw money at their computer to get it.

Such a sad, but true post.