August Livestream Wrap-up

EricMusco

I dont know if its going to be gone, but remember that it currently only lasts until 55.

The only thing we have on when it might end is this:

On a personal note I do hope it ends. If they make the leveling like it is in SoR it wont even take long to get to 65 (it currently only takes between 2 to 3 hours to get from 55 to 60)

I know it ends at level 55. I'm asking if the 12x XP boost will stay in effect for levels 1-55 (you know, the original stories?), and not to include 56+.

And the leveling will probably work just like SoR, or something just like it.

• Replies 778
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only that but a story with CONSEQUENCE. Well if the story says I no longer ever period have Kira as a Companion BUT the game sill lets me summon her, that is breaking the 4th wall.

Well thats MMO for you. You also can see tons of Khems on Korriban running around with acolytes, when he is supposed to be very rare and unique Dashade killer only your character discovered and freed. And that is much bigger story problem than what awaits us in KOTFE.

Question 1: Can you give us any more details about how the companion play into the alliance system you mentioned early this year.

Question 2: Could you go deeper in what you mean that people will be able to use their companions even if they haven’t returned in the story? I got the impression from what you said in the stream you can just call them even if it doesn’t fit with the story (does this include elder game) or am I wrong? I actual think this is a good move, one it solves the crafting problem and it also stop people complaining about the fact they can’t use so and so. I know it kind of break story but of course we can choose to ignore our companion till they return in the story.

Question Three: Does the new gear thing with companion start at level one? As another poster mentioned this would make droid parts complete pointless and really reduce play need for mods, armoring, implants etc. If so I see it as a good and bad thing.

One thing I’m happy to hear is that they will be doing companion roles again; I love it when they had it in beta and I was sad when they pulled it. So good move on this one! :)

You aren't getting it. They said this year is "all about the story". Not only that but a story with CONSEQUENCE. Well if the story says I no longer ever period have Kira as a Companion BUT the game sill lets me summon her, that is breaking the 4th wall. So in my opinion they are indeed failing to do something, namely keeping to their promise of story with consequence because if the story says they are no longer a companion then me still being able to summon them is avoiding the consequence.

We get it. You don't like to be teased.. you want full and complete disclosure NAO. And of course, it better be the way you personally want it.. and to hell with everyone else. :rolleyes:

Since they are still in "tease" mode.. you have absolutely no idea what the consequences of your story decisions will be yet. ;)

Get over it.

Edited by Andryah

But you can only summon them outside of story missions of KoTFE. So i guess for dailys on other planets or crafting etc.As KoTFE as its own set of companions etc.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=832008

What happens to my existing Companions in KotFE?

When Fallen Empire launches, all of your existing Companions remain accessible to you outside of the story Chapters. In the KotFE story there is a specific cast of characters that is a part of that ongoing storyline.

Edited by shefflad

Will a companion's customization I have slotted return when I meet up with them in the new story? Or will they look like the default companion? (I may not recognize them if they look like the default!)

That a good question, I hope they make sure to use the customization we have on them. As you said I'm so use to them looking one way and I hate if Kira drop back to her default look. Of course it's not a game killer for me.

I know there are a lot of questions here already, so sorry for throwing in mine:

You mentioned that our Classic Companions (Pre-KotFE) companions will not be accessible during Chapter missions, but will be outside of them. That's a perfect compromise in my opinion.

But my question is: can we use our KotFE companions (Lana Beniko) outside of KotFE chapter missions? Or are they strictly usable in the missions? Can I go adventuring around starter worlds with the new characters?

Thanks!

Eric, obviously may have some spoilers and understand if so.

One of (if not the most) important parts of this game is the (EXCELLENT) voice acting and choice of said actors, this includes the companions.

Is it safe to assume that most of the VA will be returning, I'm not sure how much is recorded ahead of time but it would be nice if the companions are mostly "intact". The volume was rather low at the end and had a hard time hearing Kira so i assume she is the same. But what about the other companions.

or I guess the other way of asking, will most companions still have voices?

You aren't getting it. They said this year is "all about the story". Not only that but a story with CONSEQUENCE. Well if the story says I no longer ever period have Kira as a Companion BUT the game sill lets me summon her, that is breaking the 4th wall. So in my opinion they are indeed failing to do something, namely keeping to their promise of story with consequence because if the story says they are no longer a companion then me still being able to summon them is avoiding the consequence.

And in the story you might very well not ever period have Kira. What you do outside of the story is your own business.

I've travelled back in time many a time to the older planets and that breaks the 4th wall constantly, doesn't bother me. Each to their own.

I am honestly of the opinion it's about time you went and found something else to play and stop bothering everyone with your utterly negative attitude in every topic that comes up about KoTFE/story etc.

It's becoming clear you obviously aren't happy with what is coming so if that's the case then maybe you should go do something more positive with your time? It would be healthier.

You've stressed your opinion more times than most people care to read it and continue to do so in pretty much every topic you participate in. So if you are going to stick around maybe just keep that opinion to yourself or raise it again in one of the multitude of topics you've expressed it in?

This way those who are expressly avoiding those topics for that reason can continue to do so in this one and ask the questions about companions that Eric has requested people do and you can stop trying to derail this thread.

So, technical issues aside, it was nice to see some hints of what KotFE will be like, and I'm super stoked. However, concerning the questions about companions, there was one area of discussion that was avoided. As many have already asked:

Will there be same gender companion relations like in other bioware games? (Fem Jedi romances Lana, Male BH romances Theron for example, and so on.)

Will previous class specific companions change sides/ charcters as hinted at when it was first mentioned that companion choices were getting a major overhaul (Example: Vette finally says piss off to the Warrior and goes and finds a nice smuggler to spend her days with, or at least finds a Bounty Hunter that's more up her alley)

Will previous companions gain the ability to be same sex romancable (Example: Fem Jedi has ardently resisted the advances of Doc because she carries a torch for Kira, who at last realizes how much her master means to her?)

This category of questions can easily be answered without spoilers, and is very important to the veteran community of the game, myself included. it would be nice to finally have a straight answer on the subject.

Very excited about companions not being role locked, and also not having to be concerned about gearing them out to allow more easy of swapping if desired/needed. Looking forward to October. May the Force ever serve you.

Completely wrong. They have already said that, given the nature of KotFE, every companion will return as a story involved character in some form. It might not happen during the initial nine chapters, but it will happen eventually. Besides, we do not know how many (if at all) important companions won't make a return as companions. I'll bet my credit savings that Bioware has taken a good look at the metrics before deciding which companions to scrap. And I guess that every LI returning as a companion is a safe bet.

But not all of them will rejoin your squad story-wise. Not everyone will say "and now I will come back with you to your ship and accompany you on every step again". Some will stay as NPCs from now on story-wise. So what's the point of having resummon option for those? The real NPC versions will be the only ones that will speak again. Edited by Pietrastor

I know you can't be too spoilery about questions, but something is bothering me.

Many of my characters are married, and you said that old companions would return in some way. My question is if we aren't able to recruit our spouses for whatever reason, do we still have enough content with them to make it worthwhile to NOT move on to another character? Because, to be honest, I really enjoyed the romances that I did, and it would be a shame for them to be left by the wayside, as it were.

And if you aren't able to answer this question, will there be more information concerning this sort of thing coming out in the next few weeks?

What happens to my existing Companions in KotFE?

When Fallen Empire launches, all of your existing Companions remain accessible to you outside of the story Chapters. In the KotFE story there is a specific cast of characters that is a part of that ongoing storyline.

This pretty much sums it up, you're focusing on new companions while sidelining the old. This expansion really is ME2 all over again. Bravo Bioware. :rolleyes:

I know you can't be too spoilery about questions, but something is bothering me.

Many of my characters are married, and you said that old companions would return in some way. My question is if we aren't able to recruit our spouses for whatever reason, do we still have enough content with them to make it worthwhile to NOT move on to another character? Because, to be honest, I really enjoyed the romances that I did, and it would be a shame for them to be left by the wayside, as it were.

And if you aren't able to answer this question, will there be more information concerning this sort of thing coming out in the next few weeks?

Look at how they handle companions in follow up games. The ME1 team in ME2, the ME2 team in ME3. Bioware has a record of throwing companions under the bus, and it looks like this will be no different. Don't worry I'm sure they'll once again give us compelling reasons for why they can't join us, because you know plot.

If these questions have already been asked I apologize.

It was mentioned in the livestream that companion gear would not be taken from us, but would be returned somehow. If we have a max inventory space of 80, and all 8 companions, that is 112 pieces of gear. Would the extra just be mailed to us?

Also, is there a plan to devalue current ultimate comms to basic comms on the day of the expansion?

And finally, I expect details on crafting are still being refined, but is there an expectation that crafting will fill a gear tier similar to SoR, in that crafted mods were better than basic comm gear but not as good (in most cases) as gear from HM FPs and Ops?

Look at how they handle companions in follow up games. The ME1 team in ME2, the ME2 team in ME3. Bioware has a record of throwing companions under the bus, and it looks like this will be no different. Don't worry I'm sure they'll once again give us compelling reasons for why they can't join us, because you know plot.
Except Liara. Blue stalker was never thrown under the bus, she was given content after content...

Under the bus? I'm throwing all of them out the airlock.

Wow. No gear scaling with companions, it's just automatic? They each can be any role? Talk about dumbing down the game... ffs

Because free 192 gear at the end of Yavin was that much more complicated?

Let's face it: Gearing companions was never a complicated thing to do. You just did it. You equipped mainstat pieces and rolled through the content. The quote above makes it seem like Bioware took the EVE Online economy and transformed it into WoW's auction house.