Can someone teach me how to beat Vara on my Sorc healer? (Solo Ranked)

tunnelhottie

well he is the number 1 ranked player in the world for a reason. Its not your job to beat him, its your teams as DPS. ive won a bunch with vara and lost a bunch. thats the issue with solo ranks and no VOIP communication.

Your signature is wrong , level cap is 60 now.

I need a strategy , I try to cc him on CD and it doesn't work , I pull 4k HPS and it doesn't work.

why dont you just ask him? humble yourself and ask what you could do better to beat him. Any decent player will tell you or in my experience, i take ppl to my dueling area in my stronghold and practice.

I did , hes great and gave me advice , but what am I supposed to do I can't duel a sorc healer on my sorc healer , it doesn't work

duel him on his other toons as a healer. he has a PT and a MARA. both 2000+ rating. the guys really good at his classes. try to survive or pick 3 ppl and do a 2v2, and u heal him. have him give feedback.

His mara is only 1.6kish and he runs a PT tank. -_-

First of all, he is a very good healer and hard to beat regardless of the matchup. But you also have to realize that with his rating as high as it is now, if it is a tank/healer matchup then he will likely have the best tank and if it is a healer only match he will likely have the highest rated dps. BW matchmaking with low population is stupid like that :) .

If you see a lot of high rated players on then it is a good time to go against him since you will likely have high rated players on your team as well. Of course then you will still see why his rating got so high in the first place.

My advice is just to ask him nicely. He is a nice guy and will likely give you some tips.

Edited by DarthRaika

Healer games all you can do is match their hps and kite effectively, it really comes down to your dps. Vara is no god but he is pretty good, no really good healers are left in this game unfortunately. Don't make threads singling players out Bioware gets salty. Edited by milkandcereal

First time I met Vara, I was on my PT.

It was Orbital Station, and of course the other team had decided to tunnel me. I had no other options but to kite and hurt them from range, trying to line of sight, etc...but here's the neat thing about what I noticed about this little healer named Vara...

She sped around following me as best she could applying heals to me while I continued my onslaught. Additionally, she used *her* CC's to peel for me. In essence she sacrificed her abilities to her fullest extent to do everything in her power to keep me up. She made the decision to abandon the others in the group, gambling they would fend for themselves.

Not once did she leave my side until the other team's ambitions were dissolved.

It was one of the most beautiful and tragic(for the other team) things I'd ever experienced from a team mate.

no really good healers are left in this game unfortunately. .

What?

Are you licensed to type such stupid things?

There's alot of good healers rolling around on harb, granted there are a couple that need more practice, but what's with this "all the good players have left the game" tripe? HaHa, too funny

What?

Are you licensed to type such stupid things?

There's alot of good healers rolling around on harb, granted there are a couple that need more practice, but what's with this "all the good players have left the game" tripe? HaHa, too funny

You have a subjective opinion based on the players you have been exposed to, you have only had a couple of seasons playing ranked that started Season 3 right? If only you knew the skill level of healers that played pre-season 1 and season 1.

You have a subjective opinion based on the players you have been exposed to, you have only had a couple of seasons playing ranked that started Season 3 right? If only you knew the skill level of healers that played pre-season 1 and season 1.

Sigh,

I've been around since launch, but I will concede that the overall caliber of pvp had diminished since the good old days, when a warzone was *thee main event*.

Sorry man, I've ran into some really good healers, problem is there aren't enough of them entering ranked. There's got to be a way to unify them all and get them to "woodshed"(drumming expression for practice your arse off). On that note, all players should subscribe to the swtor pvp collective, and try earnestly to improve their "chops" in a healthy environment.

The stereotypes of ranked will be dissolved...players will evolve and spar on a daily basis, group ranked will once again flourish.....

SWTOR PVP NEEDS A LEADER!!!

Sorry, I had to, and no, I'm not stoned or drunk, but swtor pvp truly does need a few more coaches.

Also, healing ranked isn't fun for a lot of people. When I ranked up my scoundrel healer I hated it the entire time even though I won most of my matches. I'm definitely not a great healer since it isn't really my thing but some great healers I've seen feel the same way I do about healing ranked.

She sped around following me as best she could applying heals to me while I continued my onslaught. Additionally, she used *her* CC's to peel for me. In essence she sacrificed her abilities to her fullest extent to do everything in her power to keep me up. She made the decision to abandon the others in the group, gambling they would fend for themselves.

This is what makes some really good PvP players. A lot of DPS and Healers get tunnel vision and don't use other skills. On my shadow I am constantly making sure I take notice of the situation around me. You'd be shocked sometimes when you see just how much a 4 sec mez will help, or using KB to separate the healer and tank, or to isolate someone.

I just finally got into doing ranked (and my rating shows), but I get so frustrated at just how inept some people are at actually using ALL of the tools they have been handed to them. It almost makes me not want to play ranked anymore because they just don't seem to want to learn either.