Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Please remove Space Mission XP from Cartel Packs

Icykill_

Is anyone else sick of all the space mission XP boosts in the cartel pack... No one plays this part of the game anymore to lvl up...

These space missions are removing other possible drops from the packs... I recently bought a 24 pack and out of all of these got 16 space XP boost... I can't even sell them to a vendor and no one wants them...

Please remove them

Is anyone else sick of all the space mission XP boosts in the cartel pack... No one plays this part of the game anymore to lvl up...

Someone will eventually say this, proof?

How do you know this? I'm sure they wouldn't be in the packs if they were not used by some players (I've levelled a character mainly by running space missions before now :p)

Well, considering we are getting some type of space update on Dec 3rd, these XP boost packs might actually server a purpose.

But for now, I have to agree with the OP. Other than run a few space missions in my late teens on my leveling alts, I haven't even touched space combat since.

The only motivation there is to do these missions is (1) reputation gain, (2) cybertech space schematics, and (3) decorations.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong on any of these points.

(1) Nothing to gain really from the reputation.

(2) It takes a long time to farm enough comms for the space schematics and they are only usable in the PVE missions anyway - which due to their difficulty nobody is really doing. Plus these are bind on pickup if I remember right.

(3) The decorations aren't all that appealing to begin with.

So what is the motivation to do these? To be honest, I really can't think of one.

I would agree that the only EXP Boosts that should exist are the Minor and Major General Experience boosts. And of course Valor Boosts should stay a thing, they could also add Reputation Boosters for people who like getting Reputation up with places for the Legacy Titles and the cosmetic gear.

How about all but the major XP boost get taken out? Honestly, I don't even bother selling the others, I just destroy them.

^^ this is the correct request IMO.... since these drop from missions and frankly....all the XP buffs should be removed IMO.

While I don't buy packs.. I feel packs should at lease contain broadly useful content.. and the fact is people are NOT buying packs for the lucky chance to get an XP buff.

Edited by Andryah

^^ this is the correct request IMO.... since these drop from missions and frankly....all the XP buffs should be removed IMO.

While I don't buy packs.. I feel packs should at lease contain broadly useful content.. and the fact is people are NOT buying packs for the lucky chance to get an XP buff.

not even that, why even bother with the useless ones, ie social, exploration...really?, space, when it can all be covered by a 3 hour global boost.

was fine when there was no 12x xp and people wanted a way of leveling faster, and for the f2p crowed it probably would be ok, but they dont buy the packs anways and just go for the simpler 3hour general xp boost.

Well, considering we are getting some type of space update on Dec 3rd, these XP boost packs might actually server a purpose.

Wait, we are? are you sure its not a GSF update?

On a personal note, I actually like the space missions, altough the fleet comm amount you get from the missions are too low to get the higher end gear at any reasonable rate, and the maps too repetitive to make playing them for 3 hours all that fun, im sure theres someone out there that can stomach playing the missions for 3 hours but not I.

Got to agree the the OP on this, but yes if they have to remain at least let us sell to venders.

They don't sell on GTN not even for 100 credits for 5 of them, and had lots in my guild bank that over 6 months not one was used, so in the end just removed and destroyed just to make room for other items.

As for selling on GTN the only ones that seem to sell are warzones ones (other then general 25% XP ones) and even then not in large numbers or for any real cost as in less then the 4500 recommended price that comes up when first move it in to sell item.

Once offered to give free on fleet along with social ones, YES FREE! on one wanted them. just got a load of abuse.

So yes, please remove from packs.

Edited by SavantDreadtech

These space missions are removing other possible drops from the packs... I recently bought a 24 pack and out of all of these got 16 space XP boost... I can't even sell them to a vendor and no one wants them...

Please remove them

I play the space missions for fun and I actually use the space mission xp boosts so I don't have a problem with that at all

But for now, I have to agree with the OP. Other than run a few space missions in my late teens on my leveling alts, I haven't even touched space combat since.

The only motivation there is to do these missions is (1) reputation gain, (2) cybertech space schematics, and (3) decorations.

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong on any of these points.

(1) Nothing to gain really from the reputation.

(2) It takes a long time to farm enough comms for the space schematics and they are only usable in the PVE missions anyway - which due to their difficulty nobody is really doing. Plus these are bind on pickup if I remember right.

(3) The decorations aren't all that appealing to begin with.

So what is the motivation to do these? To be honest, I really can't think of one.

I think that Dec 3rd thing is an old poster which shows on the account login screen..it was the release of early access for gsf.

Wait, we are? are you sure its not a GSF update?

On a personal note, I actually like the space missions, altough the fleet comm amount you get from the missions are too low to get the higher end gear at any reasonable rate, and the maps too repetitive to make playing them for 3 hours all that fun, im sure theres someone out there that can stomach playing the missions for 3 hours but not I.

I wish I actually knew the details. I have no idea. I have seen this announcement pop up three times in the past several months on the login splash page. But ever time I do to click on it to see the details, it always says this page is not available.

So other than the date and the fact it is in some how space related I have no idea about anything more.

I think that Dec 3rd thing is an old poster which shows on the account login screen..it was the release of early access for gsf.

Hell, that may very well be the case. Wish I knew for sure. But they give a month (Dec) a day (3rd) but no year. It could very well be an old announcement that somehow manages to get on the splash page.

Hell, that may very well be the case. Wish I knew for sure. But they give a month (Dec) a day (3rd) but no year. It could very well be an old announcement that somehow manages to get on the splash page.

Yeah, I am pretty sure that I know what you are seeing and it is old information that, for some reason, shows up once in a while.

There may be some sort of new content in the upcoming expansion, but I don't expect it.

I like the space game. It's a nice little distraction from the main game and can be fun to do now and then.

That being said, the experience boosters are garbage,

Can't sell to a vendor and usually can't sell on the exchange at any price. Maybe you could get a stack and list them for a credit or 10 and make a sale, but that is well below any vendor trash rate.

They do not add to the value of the packs in any real way. I would argue that they have the opposite effect, if not in reality then certainly in perception.

Anyone that sees one of these items sees lost value. They are looking through their Halloween bag and finding a rock or a toothbrush, not a piece of candy, favorite or otherwise.

I don't see much point in any XP boosters other than general boosts, so get rid of space, exploration, flashpoint , and whatever other XP boosts in the packs keeping only the general boosts.

Add to those the social and valor boosts (though I would look at increasing those rates and/or increasing the duration of the buffs) and that would be it. Three different boosts.

Edited by Mithros

Anyone that sees one of these items sees lost value. They are looking through their Halloween bag and finding a rock or a toothbrush, not a piece of candy, favorite or otherwise.

So very very apt...

Although a rock would be better, at least you can chuck a rock at someone who annoys you... the stupid boosts just sit there taking up space with no actual useful use... :(

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.