PAX Prime Make-up Livestream - August 26th

EricMusco

I understand the issue of different time zones don't get me wrong but there's way's around that as you very well know. Don't get me wrong I'm still looking forward to the expansion coming out but I do believe Bioware could be doing a hell of a lot more to provide us with information.

I'm all ears. What is this solution that can make people spread out of +/-~10hrs of time zone differences get to see the stream at a time that is convenient for all of them?

Edited by JMagee

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all ears. What is this solution that can make people spread out of +/-~10hrs of time zone differences get to see the stream at a time that is convenient for all of them?

We could alter time, speed up the dev stream or teleport them off this rock.

As we are getting up to chapter 3 is it time to explain why Vitate has had a massive change of plan of destroying the entire galaxy (a plan held since the novel Revan so about 300 years). While now it turns out he was planning to raise a family for the last 18 years?

He lost the support of the empire for his insane plan yet doesn't appear to have had this plan for at least the last 18 years so did he want to destroy the galaxy? Which would be the entire period that chapters 1 to 4 took place. The guy in his weaken state can easily destroy planets yet invades the galaxy with an empire he held in reserve, yet could have used with the sith empire that worshiped him as a god until they found out he was insane. Only it seems he hasn't had the insane plan in the last 18 years and started raising a family. Yet was also some how

trapped on voss while he was raising his kids.

Is it just lots of retcon revisionist history now ToR has been downgraded to legends (fanfiction) completely ignoring sith vs jedi and introducing their own empire thats big and better than the sith empire or the republic? Or was this planned all along and tie nicely in to the previous chapters and story that was one of the pillars of ToR?

Edited by Costello

As we are getting up to chapter 3 is it time to explain why Vitate has had a massive change of plan of destroying the entire galaxy (a plan held since the novel Revan so about 300 years). While now it turns out he was planning to raise a family for the last 18 years?

He lost the support of the empire for his insane plan yet doesn't appear to have had this plan for at least the last 18 years so did he want to destroy the galaxy? Which would be the entire period that chapters 1 to 4 took place. The guy in his weaken state can easily destroy planets yet invades the galaxy with an empire he held in reserve, yet could have used with the sith empire that worshiped him as a god until they found out he was insane. Only it seems he hasn't had the insane plan in the last 18 years and started raising a family. Yet was also some how

Is it just lots of retcon revisionist history now ToR has been downgraded to legends (fanfiction) completely ignoring sith vs jedi and introducing their own empire thats big and better than the sith empire or the republic? Or was this planned all along and tie nicely in to the previous chapters and story that was one of the pillars of ToR?

No. It just means that you are wrong in your assumption that Vitiate and Valkorian are one and the same entities.

Retconning is inevitable when you are rebooting the game. One thing about Bioware is that they are completely predictable. This is ME2 all over again.

Significant event that leaves the protagonist out of the picture for a few years? Check.

All of your companions ditch you? Check.

Change the motivations of the main antagonists? Check.

Completely forget the events, decisions and relationships that preceded? Check.

A return to "Bioware storytelling." You can't say they didn't deliver on that. :rak_03:

No plans to talk Crafting on this livestream, but do know that it is on the list of info you will be getting in the next few weeks! (insert standard disclaimer of subject to change :cool:)

-eric

Considering that the expansion hits Early Access in about 8 weeks or so, I would think you need to rethink that "few" weeks timeline, unless you mean to refer that the release of information is subject to change by coming earlier than the actual launch of the expansion.

Retconning is inevitable when you are rebooting the game. One thing about Bioware is that they are completely predictable. This is ME2 all over again.

Significant event that leaves the protagonist out of the picture for a few years? Check.

All of your companions ditch you? Check.

Change the motivations of the main antagonists? Check.

Completely forget the events, decisions and relationships that preceded? Check.

A return to "Bioware storytelling." You can't say they didn't deliver on that. :rak_03:

Well they have learned one thing in the last decade. Companion affection and reaction to convo options is now set and not RNG dependent.

Personally I never played ME or DA, but I can see the same BW story telling as when I was playing the Neverwinter Nights series(Yes I'm kind of dating myself).

It's the principle. This is supposed to be a reveal of major features in an expansion they've been hyping for months and they choose to do it at a time that works for a fraction of their players.

Bearing in mind PAX Prime is a 4 day event, why exactly couldn't they do it at 3pm on the Saturday? Reasonable time for everyone, including (to a much lesser extent) people in Australia and New Zealand.

LOL, I stayed up till the wee hours of the morning to see the Gamescon footage, because the show was in Germany. It was like 2am, here. I thought it was cool, that Europe got a show on their own time-table rather than mine. Good for them. This show is on schedule for the place and community where it's being shown, too. And good for them, shrug.

I hope the stream will be available later on to watch somewhere.

*Sigh* reading is hard.

Hey folks,

Just to address some of the questions in this thread...

Spoilers

We ourselves are very cautious around this. What you are going to see on the stream are parts of Chapter 3. If you have read press coverage from E3 or Gamescom, we are going to be showing you that demo. This will be the first time anyone in the public will actually see it, but it will follow along what has been covered in the press. We will be playing the demo in the first half'ish of the stream.

Timing

To concerns about the timing of the stream, especially relative to Europe. For the most part, our streams are timed so that people in most regions will be able to try to watch them. I realize, this stream is not convenient for Europe. However, it is very intentional that the timing of this stream is aimed directly at people on the west coast, since this information, etc. would have originally come out of the PAX Prime Cantina. Which would have actually happened even later at night.

This is the same reason our stream is on Wednesday, so that anyone who is going to attend PAX can still watch the stream, as many of them will be traveling or at the con by Thursday.

For anyone unable to watch the stream, we will be posting a synoposis in the forums (and answering any follow-ups on the companion information) along with the archive being available on Twitch thereafter.

Thanks!

-eric

Emphasis and underlining mine.

Edited by Khiriath

I'm not sure if I want to watch this. :eek: Spoilers.

I will watch it later and start the stream in the middle somewhere to make sure I do not watch the spoilers in the beginning of the stream. I have no interest in watching spoilers I will experience later on myself.

Hey folks,

Just to address some of the questions in this thread...

Spoilers

We ourselves are very cautious around this. What you are going to see on the stream are parts of Chapter 3. If you have read press coverage from E3 or Gamescom, we are going to be showing you that demo. This will be the first time anyone in the public will actually see it, but it will follow along what has been covered in the press. We will be playing the demo in the first half'ish of the stream.

Timing

To concerns about the timing of the stream, especially relative to Europe. For the most part, our streams are timed so that people in most regions will be able to try to watch them. I realize, this stream is not convenient for Europe. However, it is very intentional that the timing of this stream is aimed directly at people on the west coast, since this information, etc. would have originally come out of the PAX Prime Cantina. Which would have actually happened even later at night.

This is the same reason our stream is on Wednesday, so that anyone who is going to attend PAX can still watch the stream, as many of them will be traveling or at the con by Thursday.

For anyone unable to watch the stream, we will be posting a synoposis in the forums (and answering any follow-ups on the companion information) along with the archive being available on Twitch thereafter.

Thanks!

-eric

Thank you.

Honesty, no matter what time you guys would do a stream, there will always be someone to complain that it isn't in our time zone.

Have a good week.

Well, I'm clearing my schedule just so I can see this. Not sure if that is dedication or just a sad commentary. lol.

Both :) If I were Bioware, I'd be thrilled you were doing this. As a fellow human being, I question your priorities. As a fellow gamer, I understand. As a fellow SWTOR player, I envy you.