2 year + Fanboy of Swtor sadly cancels his account.

Dualthreat

no i feel this game is basically a bad single player rpg with a static dead world as said in my original post. EQ, wow and most other large mmos have alive feeling worlds with mobs moving all around it, it was alive. Swtors world feel cut and pasted and dont move or breath and it was extremely disappointing for the money spent. Cut scenes don't = alive.

WoW uses copy and pasted landscapes and buildings just as much if not more than SWTOR does. The mobs moving in WoW? Are all on set paths and don't really move much at all. Most of the important ones just stand still.

The game isn't about random mobs I don't care about or hardly notice moving or breathing or not.

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still do play WoW. And while the customization options over there aren't the best, at least the races aren't just humans with different skin/glitchy as hell lekku like Twi'leks.

All orcs, tauren, dwarfs, etc look identical.

the armor and weapon model designs? HORRENDOUS. The worst out of ANY mmo I played. Shoulder armor is bigger than your player and belts are the size of a WWF championship belt.

Why do you think the introduced Transmog? Heck, the designers recolor the armor and call it a new tier.

No they don't.

its sad, I really did want to love this game, its why im none to happy none. But the fact is moving around wow and eq etc was much different then tor. Not everthing has to move but in tor almost NOTHING moves NOTHING! I mean come on. It is so freaking unreal. I am sorry, just how I feel. And all the ppl who just dismiss it will at some point have to face the fact that is how tor's world is. Cut and pasted into place. I dont mind copied areas, tor has them too, as long as they feel alive. nothing in this game feels alive. The cut scenes are also so instanced that they to feel single player and fake.

Edited by Dualthreat

fear not, OP

GW2 will be MUCH better

I hope so many, I am looking forward to it, all the vids show a living world were mobs attack, what you do chains and changes the actual world and big events pop up at times. This static non changing bs world... well especially from bioware there is just no excuse for it.

Everybody knows where you go when the sun goes down.

I think you only live to see the lights of town.

I wasted my time when I would try, try, try.

When the lights have lost their glow, you're gonna cry, cry, cry.

I lie awake at night and wait 'til you come in.

You stay a little while and then you're gone again.

Every question that I ask, I get a lie, lie, lie.

For every lie you tell, you're gonna cry, cry, cry.

You're gonna cry, cry, cry and you'll cry alone,

When everyone's forgotten and you're left on your own.

You're gonna cry, cry, cry.

Soon your sugar-daddies will all be gone.

You'll wake up some cold day and find you're alone.

You'll call to me but I'm gonna tell you: "Bye, bye, bye,"

When I turn around and walk away, you'll cry, cry, cry,

When your fickle little love gets old, no one will care for you.

You'll come back to me for a little love that's true.

I'll tell you no and you gonna ask me why, why, why?

When I remind you of all of this, you'll cry, cry, cry.

You're gonna cry, cry, cry and you'll cry alone,

When everyone's forgotten and you're left on your own.

You're gonna cry, cry, cry and you'll want me there,

It'll hurt when you think of the fool you've been.

I hope so many, I am looking forward to it, all the vids show a living world were mobs attack, what you do chains and changes the actual world and big events pop up at times. This static non changing bs world... well especially from bioware there is just no excuse for it.

Your immersion should come from your story... Not from the mobs you randomly encounter.

It's not the developers fault if you miss the point.

with fairly boring combat mechanics that get old fast.

Most mmo players like myself who played EQ and WoW and other games for years probably wont make this home for long.

Sorry, was that sarcasm?

EQ, WoW, combat that do not get old fast?

A friend of mine macro all the 1,4,3,7 repeat, Sequence on his mousewheel, and so when he plays WoW he only uses one hand, and easily kills most other classes because his own is OP.

And you are waiting GW2 for a revolution? honestly, you are in for one massive disappointment, (Gamer Journalsit friend of mine played it already a while back) the combat is pretty much the same as any other mmo, old heal,tank,dps mechanic, press 1,4,7,2, repeat, and that's all, AoE attacks have been around since Ultima Online, nothing new there. You are hyping it in your mind, like you have hyped this mmo.

Edited by Black_Rabbit

How do you really expect it to be so DYNAMIC world? Random events? They get pretty boring also.

its sad, I really did want to love this game, its why im none to happy none. But the fact is moving around wow and eq etc was much different then tor. Not everthing has to move but in tor almost NOTHING moves NOTHING! I mean come on. It is so freaking unreal. I am sorry, just how I feel. And all the ppl who just dismiss it will at some point have to face the fact that is how tor's world is. Cut and pasted into place. I dont mind copied areas, tor has them too, as long as they feel alive. nothing in this game feels alive. The cut scenes are also so instanced that they to feel single player and fake.

Are you sure you played this game? Everything moves in this game, I see NPC's patrolling, people moving and having conversations I can overhear, etc.

What, did you want the item vendors to randomly move around a planet?

What MMO feels "alive" to you? WOW? Heck, unless you are in Stormwind or Orgrimmar there is NO ONE in any area. Heck, you can step over a zone line where it transitions from tropical jungle in the 90's to a barren frozen wasteland.

I know, clicking on a guard in WOW and them saying the same 5 things makes the game much more alive.

i hate to say this myself. but i too am going to one of the ones who'll play to experience the story line of a couple characters and if they don't add any more story and decide pvp and raid is the only content they need to add for an end game.

then i'll also eventually quit and go back to playing star trek online where space combat is a lot better. plus there storys and missions available for max level characters and i'm not forced to raid or pvp to play a max level character

its sad, I really did want to love this game, its why im none to happy none. But the fact is moving around wow and eq etc was much different then tor. Not everthing has to move but in tor almost NOTHING moves NOTHING!

Wrynn stands in the same spot, immoble. The spiders in Tol Barad are always in the exact same spot.

I mean come on. It is so freaking unreal. I am sorry, just how I feel. And all the ppl who just dismiss it will at some point have to face the fact that is how tor's world is. Cut and pasted into place. I dont mind copied areas, tor has them too, as long as they feel alive. nothing in this game feels alive. The cut scenes are also so instanced that they to feel single player and fake.

...you're just biased. WoW, EQ, AoC, Aion... ALL of them are static themeparks. Singling out and criticizing ToR for this is just silly as the criticism applies to all.

They need to add in some Imperial and republic walkers that actually move along the map. Ships Landing around the map in areas dropping troops off or even the pilot getting out and doing repairs.Have some NPCs on speeders traveling the roads, more ambient sounds I'm sick of hearing my footsteps.

Static and Dead? The exact opposite really, the environments so far are livley, yes its buggy with background music cutting out, but its only just released, although one thing i thought was shoddy in every aspect was just a big pixelated picture for a background, a moving live background, ships flying, starships moving in the BG would make you stand still for a moment and watch it.

How do you really expect it to be so DYNAMIC world? Random events? They get pretty boring also.

I understand its a lot to ask of MMOs to move forward in this respect, but Bioware didn't even do the status quo. Instead they took a bunch of steps backwards.