New expansion will be nail in the coffin

Denerio

Goodie, can you point me to it? Because I hate doing FPs with pugs and I'll still have to run them a few times after KotFE launches.

Also does the game you talk about have something like GSF but with computer bots (obviously, since it's a single pleyer game!)? I hate loosing some of my matches with players here, the gull of them to be better than me!

Also does it have some kind of AI that would chat with me in-game? Sometimes I get bored and talking to people relaxes me a bit.

I hate to burst your bubble but MMO does not stand for "massive group content" but "massive multiplayer online".

You are not bursting my bubble, I am very aware what MMORPG stands for, I have been playing them since Utlima Online and earlier in those preMMO games such as Neverwinter Nights.

Swtor is barely a MMO now anyway, other than the fact it does indeed have multiple people playing it at any one time.

Once the expansion hits, the casuals, who are all the game will cater for going forward, will have no need whatsoever to interact with anyone in order to play it.

I am not decrying the fact its a casuals game, casuals no doubt spend money on keeping the game afloat, but you have to be realistic about what the game actually is in the first place.

Again, time will tell how many people are happy to pay for that type of game.

Fanbois and Doomsayers will debate and argue over the merits of KotFE until long after it is released, but the only true test will come with how many people pay for it.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once the expansion hits, the casuals, who are all the game will cater for going forward, will have no need whatsoever to interact with anyone in order to play it.

They will do interacting the same way they do now...ops/FPs/pvp/gsf/fleet/chat stay so that's it.

There will always be some "though" elite cousing problems to people at max level not knowing the basic stuff about their class and people willing to help (because tha fact you cannot enter someone's stage can be remedied via in-game options, you just won't be able to take part in the story that plays out).

What other interactions do you know of? Heroics? 2+ are soloable, 4s hardly reward you with the time and effort spent on them.

Yes, definately... thats how businesses work. First they decide that they were gonna make an expansion. Next, before they even start working at it, they realise it will "sink" the game and still go ahead and invest money into developing it. I wish there was an IQ test before you were allowed to post on forums... ;)

Then again, i would probably not be able to troll this kind of posts, but they would also not exist... win win?

Yes, this opinion has been drummed up all over these forums lately. But doesn't that indicate the problem here? There have been times in the past where there were just as many "the sky is falling" posts, and no, the game did not die. But these posts also coincided with noticeable population drops. So at this point- how many more significant population drops can this game take?

I understand that many are perfectly happy with the upcoming expansion, but many are not. My guild has been losing players left and right to the point that we've considered merging- and this is a guild that's had a healthy player base since its beginning days on Kathol Rift. I will play and try to enjoy what the expansion brings, but I don't play SWTOR as a solo game. If I want single-player, I have better options.

That's what the Fanbois here Don't Understand, is the Fact that were losing a Lot more Subs than gaining. What you said is right.

However, even I think that the OP made a terrible Post, when the OP should've given good reasons, as to why he feels this way. The way the OP did it was very bad.

You are not bursting my bubble, I am very aware what MMORPG stands for, I have been playing them since Utlima Online and earlier in those preMMO games such as Neverwinter Nights.

Swtor is barely a MMO now anyway, other than the fact it does indeed have multiple people playing it at any one time.

I am not decrying the fact its a casuals game, casuals no doubt spend money on keeping the game afloat, but you have to be realistic about what the game actually is in the first place.

Again, time will tell how many people are happy to pay for that type of game.

Fanbois and Doomsayers will debate and argue over the merits of KotFE until long after it is released, but the only true test will come with how many people pay for it.

Very true about what you say. And also Very True about how Reall MMO's do Not fit this game hardly at all anymore. Us older People do Know what an MMO means. And the way KOTFE sounds. It sounds Exactly like a Single Player game with DLC's. Nothing much more than that.

Numbers please, statistics, links.

A fact is a fact when it's proven.

You can find them urself, just in this game in different Server Threads, Guilds, and in General Chat, and Fleet Chat as well. But you Fanbois always seem to never Ever See the Reality of what's happening in this game. Your all in Fantasy Nowhere world. :)

Very true about what you say. And also Very True about how Reall MMO's do Not fit this game hardly at all anymore. Us older People do Know what an MMO means. And the way KOTFE sounds. It sounds Exactly like a Single Player game with DLC's. Nothing much more than that.

Then perhaps you older people should start playing with your grandkids rather than video games. Whatever age has to do with anything? I'm 28, been playing MMOs for over 10 years now, that's a huge chunk of my life.

I always thought older people are supposed to have more sense and logic in them, to stoically observe and come to sensible conclusions. If your conclusion is that KotFE is a single player game than I was mistaken.

Why was SWToR not called a single player game since the beginning? It has phased instances all over the place. RotHC had those, SoR has even more and only NOW you find it worthy to complain? Seriously? :eek:

Because apart form instances nothing in this game is single player...

You can find them urself, just in this game in different Server Threads, Guilds, and in General Chat, and Fleet Chat as well. But you Fanbois always seem to never Ever See the Reality of what's happening in this game. Your all in Fantasy Nowhere world.

Funny, only forums have this kind of negativity. All my friends are pretty excited, so are most of my former guildmates - and those that are not would never consider quitting because of rumors. Just yesterday I was part of a civil discussion about KotFE on Tython and Coruscant, people want the expansion and most declare excitment and dealing with changes as they come.

But of course you haters like to live in YOUR fantasy world of doom and gloom, I'll take my pink unicorn any day over it.

And quit it with those "fanbois" it makes you sound stupid and not that old at all.

Boy, you Mumble too much about all of the Opinions, and make Answeres that are always being Proved Wrong.

Again, like I have said. Only Most of us older ppl Do Know what an MMO is. And ur counter Arguement is rediculous, when all ur doing is deciding Us Older ppl to be supid because of the Facts that we Know what an MMO is, and you have No inkling of what an MMO is.

Your counter arguements, are way off, and the only way you can Counter an Arguement is either by totally Lying, or Pretending you know something that you have No Experience in what ur talking about. 1 case in Point is the Fact that it is Not just the Forums here being Negative about KOTFE. Maybe if you and Other Fanbois would go to some Other Online sites that talk about what's Currently happening from the KOTFE side of things, You and Others would realize that the Internet is Full of Negativity about the Redo of this Game into an almost Single Player game, along with too many other Negatives to put here.

Other Online sites have ppl Posting about how they Don't Like what EAWare is doing with how Little We really know about KOTFE to.

Seeing that ur only 28, and i'm more than double ur age, and that u think you know more about what Is an MMO, is terrible to.

why does such a crybaby-topic get so many replies?

u guys have too much time!

You Are correct about this Thread. At least, least that the OP Didn't raise Any valid points, and has too many replies.:(

Done with this Thread.

Edited by MandFlurry

Boy, you Mumble too much about all of the Opinions, and make Answeres that are always being Proved Wrong.

I'm not a boy, nor am I a man - just for future reference. Sure, because all you do is state fact. Without anything backing it up but...if you say it it must be a fact. :rolleyes:

Again, like I have said. Only Most of us older ppl Do Know what an MMO is. And ur counter Arguement is rediculous, when all ur doing is deciding Us Older ppl to be supid because of the Facts that we Know what an MMO is, and you have No inkling of what an MMO is.

Sure, because I don't obviously know what is an MMO. I bow to your eldery knowleadge and beg for a definition because I don't seem to be able to tell a difference between a single player game and a multiplayer one, oh wise one!

Your counter arguements, are way off, and the only way you can Counter an Arguement is either by totally Lying, or Pretending you know something that you have No Experience in what ur talking about. 1 case in Point is the Fact that it is Not just the Forums here being Negative about KOTFE. Maybe if you and Other Fanbois would go to some Other Online sites that talk about what's Currently happening from the KOTFE side of things, You and Others would realize that the Internet is Full of Negativity about the Redo of this Game into an almost Single Player game, along with too many other Negatives to put here.

No they are not off, I don't make up stuff and I say that you do. But all we have is your word vs mine and that leads nowehere it seems. Go ahead and read comments to articles on IGN, reddit, Dulfy etc. and you will find people havng fun discussing upcoming events and those that refuse to wait and go "OMG, it;s the end, I have enough of this BS, I hope you all burn in hell!!!1!!!11". I guess it's up to you who do you believe more.

Other Online sites have ppl Posting about how they Don't Like what EAWare is doing with how Little We really know about KOTFE to.

Of course we know little because Bioware refuses to talk to us, t's their game, their PR so either accept that or move on. Info will be given in due time, even if it will be a week before the expansion hits lots of people will be here eagerly awaiting KotFE - and that gets on your nerves because you would like it all to go to hell along with us actually enjoying the game.

Seeing that ur only 28, and i'm more than double ur age, and that u think you know more about what Is an MMO, is terrible to.

Haha, I also bet I know a lot of things that you don't and vice versa - age has nothing to do with it. Your definition of an MMO is wrong because Massive Multiplayer Online does mean lots of things, not only a game that you must be grouped up to play. If you have an in-game chat, activities that optionally can be played with your friends or randoms, pvp, open market (GTN) it means it's an MMO. The fact that this game also has solo instances does not make it a single player game, no matter how hard you try to prove me wrong.

Edited by Asheris

I have the opinion that this expansion will either

A. Revitalize this game, and bring a lot of new players

or

B. Cause this game to crash and burn due to the sole focus on single player gameplay and dumbing down of game mechanics.

I am 99 percent sure it will either make or break the game, only time will tell.

Numbers please, statistics, links.

A fact is a fact when it's proven.

I don't have official numbers or statistics, i can only tell what i myself experienced. Others may have other experiences, but that doesn't make mine wrong.

Of the 3 german servers one(PvP) is dead, or at least i would call a server with 17 players at fleet in the afternoon during school holidays dead, (no there was no second instance open, that didn't occur on this server for a long time). Most who stayed there the whole last year when population was declining steadily, used the 90 coins transfer to the PvE server. The second server (RP) is also loosing a lot of players and is loosing them for two years now, considering how many players ask to join the guilds i'm in, telling that they transferred because there where not enough players to play with or to replace those who left for whatever the reason.

Logically this should result in a noticable increase of player numbers at the third and most populated server, there should be more instances on fleet now, there should be pops of GF, Pvp, GSF all the time. But it isn't.

There are still only two instances at fleet in the evening, you can wait hours for GF pops, even tacticals aren't instant, There are evenings when you can hear crickets chirp in the server wide LFG channels. It is still not easy to find new people to replace those who quit the game. The transferring players only help to ease the usual summer slump a little bit, but don't increase the population as a whole,

That it isn't easy for hardmode groups to find new players is no surprise, as they expect much more, but even in my fun guild, population is not rising but declining. (We don't invite anyone we meet left and right to the street but never had much problems to attract like minded players before).

In my raidguild 3 month ago we had four 8man raidgroups with various aims from full progression race to "lets have fun and look how far we can get", now we have only two left and almost all community members, who didn't raid regularly but were nice players to be around for everything without a schedule, are gone too. Except of one or two they didn't leave the guild, they left the game.

One of the progression groups, disbanded and mostly quit the game because of the "no new raidcontent for a long time again" announcement, but even our most casual group left SWTOR and they weren't bad players that banged their head against UL SM and left because of that. They left because they don't like the thought of the game to become more single player focussed. They like doing FPs, leveling and group stuff, with the new possibility of solo mode for all off them, there won't be many players left to bother with the group versions at all, as with solo mode you don't have to make any compromise at all, don't have to get along with or adapt to other peoples playstyle. This takes a lot of potential group members away from players, who just want to log in and play and not bother with a schedule when someone is online to get a group together. Doing planet main quests together isn't possible anymore, because since SOR it is all like the classquests were, you can watch another playing, but not play it together. And what they see announced for their other playstyles like casual pvp, gsf, crafting and stuff isn't enough to hold their interest either, they do like the story aspect of this game, but that alone is not enough, as they play it for the MMO part. Some went to other MMOs, others are back to true singleplayer RPGs.

From a guild with about 75 active accounts, we are now down to 48 accounts in the guild with something like 25 players more or less active. As far as i hear from friends in other guilds or read guild recruiting threads and messages, many other guilds have this problem too. This isn't the summer slump alone.

Those of us who are still there now, will stay until KOFTE hits and have a look at what there is to come, but not one of us has subscribed much longer than October and all are ready to quit. I wouldn't call that excitement for the expansion.

Sad thing is, there really was excitement when the first info of a new expansion was released, but the more information there is or as you have to say at the moment the lack of it, the more frustrated and doubtful our members have become. Time will tell if any of us is still here in 6 months.

I have the opinion that this expansion will either

A. Revitalize this game, and bring a lot of new players

or

B. Cause this game to crash and burn due to the sole focus on single player gameplay and dumbing down of game mechanics.

I am 99 percent sure it will either make or break the game, only time will tell.

Well that content, has been the thing keeping the game a flout. It shore aint the end game content, for that there are quite a few superior alternatives.

Yep, every day, i'm getting scared-er. For a lot of reasons. If i had a choice, right now, to play the current iteration over the expansion' changes this October. :(

Based on what we know (including the bits of truth that Bioware is desperate for us to not know yet), I'm of the same opinion. If there were a way to just completely ignore KotFE and all it's changes and nonsense, I'd just keep mucking about in the game as it is.