Only Long Time SWTOR Players Will Remember...

NoahRedden

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And will that help you (or anyone) enjoy the game more in its current state?

This is what socially adequate folks call bull****ting. It's inconsequential and harmless time wasting discussion, so you can slink on over and join in if you'd like instead asking irrelevant questions from the corner like you always do.

-When Tarnis, Valis, and Darth Zash were feared names on the forums and in-game alike.

-When the forums were blue, not brown and gold. :D

-The masses of people flooding Taris and other planets en masse to find parts for HK-51 upon his initial release.

-The Grand Acquisition Race, perhaps the best out of any of the events included in SWTOR thus far. That was a really fun event.

-Being the only person on the Republic Fleet on the "Thana Vesh" server in the weeks and even months leading up to server transfers.

This is what socially adequate folks call bull****ting. It's inconsequential and harmless time wasting discussion, so you can slink on over and join in if you'd like instead asking irrelevant questions from the corner like you always do.

Well said Joe.

Getting stomped by lv50s in wzs because they weren't given their own bracket yet.

Gah I remember queuing for my first WZs and there were already some 50s ING. "Hell yeah Star Wars PVP! *** I can't live!"

For list: Having 50 pvp bracers in your Cargo Hold and no helm or chestpiece.

Edited by Joesixxpack

The worst was leveling all the way to 14 before your trainer taught you sprint. It was one of the things that made me hesitate making new characters. I remember when I first seen a modifiable bracer on the GTN it was expensive as all hell.

Thank you.

Pub side, not having a speeder on Taris and praying that it would soon be all over. lol. And it wasn't.

Right as you are about to leave you saw the first bonus series. And at that time, it didn't seem to be a choice since the xp was just barely keeping up with the planet level.

Pub side, not having a speeder on Taris and praying that it would soon be all over. lol. And it wasn't.

Right as you are about to leave you saw the first bonus series. And at that time, it didn't seem to be a choice since the xp was just barely keeping up with the planet level.

I assume that only happened if you skipped heroics and flashpoints, in addition to space missions. I for one was always on the verge of outleveling content and got to LV25 on both Taris and Balmorra, mid-way the bonus series.

I assume that only happened if you skipped heroics and flashpoints, in addition to space missions. I for one was always on the verge of outleveling content and got to LV25 on both Taris and Balmorra, mid-way the bonus series.

I did everything I saw including space missions in those early days. Ah space missions, they were a hoot for about four missions.

No, the problem for me was that I was playing so much I wasn't getting any rested xp. I would park myself in a cantina, but it didn't help much.

I did everything I saw including space missions in those early days. Ah space missions, they were a hoot for about four missions.

No, the problem for me was that I was playing so much I wasn't getting any rested xp. I would park myself in a cantina, but it didn't help much.

Different gameplay experiences then, I guess. :p

I got to LV50 on Belsavis and people were wild about it, seeing most were around the 40+ range. When I got to face the...

Emperor on my JK, I was already using Columi and had T7 fully equipped with artifact gear.

Good times. :)

Being on a planet and calling out or answering a call in the general chat for: "LFG <Heroic Name>"

Still see happening, but most people don't bother with them anymore.

Doing countless space missions to help get leveled up.

And I remember when the Matrix Cube was completely relevant and BiS for relics. Yes... those were the heady days of grinding for shards. lol

I do think they should revamp the Matrix Cube and make it relevant again. New shards or new quests to upgrade the Matrix Cube.

Edited by Rafaman

Being on a planet and calling out or answering a call in the general chat for: "LFG <Heroic Name>"

Still see happening, but most people don't bother with them anymore.

This is indeed the case and a shame in retrospect. Some heroics have beatiful locations and are fun to plow through.

And I remember when the Matrix Cube was completely relevant and BiS for relics. Yes... those were heady days of grinding for shards. lol

I do think they should revamp the Matrix Cube and make it relevant again. New shards or new quests to upgrade the Matrix Cube.

^^ Agreed.

- Original "Overload" animation for Inquisitors.

- Original "Mortar Volley" animation for Troopers, especially Commandos.

- - - -

I sorely miss both. :(

Yeah overload was awesome looking, and project. Ripping a rusty droid out of the ground and smashing someone's char in the head with it was neat.

I do not miss what our troopers looked like before armor matching feature.

Edited by Joesixxpack

The point is to show how things have changed in game in three years. Both the good and the bad.

I think the reason is an ego/pride boost for being here for a long time with all the pros and cons that tag along cus of it.

- Original "Overload" animation for Inquisitors.

I miss this one so much, delay be damned! D:

I also remember when the Gree event came out for the first time in Ilum and tons of players on both sides worked together to do the event. Hell, I remember lines being formed in front of quest objectives :)

Edited by Ardim

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.