PvP Power Leveling Bug? Rumor?

Later

See this is the thing. Why have a leveling system if no one cares?

Many... MANY of us play MMOs to compete casually or hard core.. this kinda tears apart both.

no. many, many of us play mmos for fun and entertainment. thats why wow went to put pandas in the game.

and thats why the majority except you vocal 'elite' competition types do not care about powerleveling. we will be going through content - especially in such a game - very slowly.

spoken as a former 'elite' pvper/powerleveler.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who cares if these ppl lvl quickly, BW will fix the issue with the WZ that is assured. To have a hernia over it is absurd. As for the higher lvls, who cares if they hit 50 soon, they'll either get bored and re-roll or BW may very well roll back or just delete these characters so they have to start a new toon.

I could care less though that ppl are higher lvl than me, this issue will be fixed, chill out, watch this trailer and relax for gods sake.

Bravo.

No sarcasm.

They can't be allowed to get away with it, whatever punishment they get will set the tone, are they serious about those that break the rules or not etc

Minimum complete Character reset, but the worst offenders should also lose EGA...

Contrary to what some would like to believe, it wouldn't take long at all to work out what is going on, that it wasn't really how it was intended, those that continued to do it and thus exploit the situation, will only have themselves to blame when they get punished.

I would be against a lifetime ban though, at least one warning before that.

Edited by LillyWhiteS

To all the people claiming this isnt an exploit or the players fault. Read the following, preferable till you understand it.

-Exploit any bug in the Service to gain unfair advantage in the game and/or communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through the public posting) to any other user of the Service.

Its clear in the RoC which you can find under "Your account" at the top of the page. All which should have been read and understood before joining the game in the first place.

Edited by SneakyErvin

This is sad indeed, i didn't mind waiting for early access, i was actually enjoying the wait and being excited, but this news of mass exploiting on the very first day to reach mid levels has just took most of my excitement away....its a fact that none will be punished for it, people hardly ever are...and how could they be punished for adding to a warzone? really?

Exploits happen in every mmo, no matter what and there will be many more ..... but the majority of the player base isn't even able to be in the game yet and they've to compete with exploiters :( I just question if this bug was supposedly already reported in beta, then how could they ever have let it slip into EGA/Launch?

Truthfully, you can hit 50 in the first day or two without exploiting in any way..knowing where to go, what to do, and how to do it. They're going to be a few hours ahead of the power players..which will be a few more hours ahead of the hardcore gamers which will be a day or so ahead of the normal players. The casual players shouldn't bother worrying about it anyway since they're just casual.

Think about where the people starting the 20th are going to be by then. It's all relative and silly to worry about. That being said, they should definitely fix the issue and kill the bloat off from it. It's really not complicated to do in any setup...and I'm sure their way is more sophisticated than mine.

I'm also sure they keep records for ticket reports..things like when you leveled up, what you did, etc. Games with achievements and more complicated systems do this so that players that report not getting an achievement or not doing this or that can be referenced rather than taking them at their word or outright denying them. A few quick automations given the right information and boom..issue rolled back without truly hurting anyone.

A non-staggered EGA launch would not have solved this problem nor is it up to Bioware to be clairvoyant. It is up to them, however, to find a solution if they deem it necessary. But, truthfully, it's really not that big of a deal to have 50s on already..it was going to happen by tomorrow anyway just with the power players.

I know that.

They have always intended PvP to be a valid way to level. If they remove Warzone exp, they will lose hundreds of thousands of players, guaranteed.

So shut your mouth, April 2010.

Well i can guarantee you that they did not mean this by leveling with PvP. Only solution is to remove exp, banning them would be stupid.

If they dont fix this **** i sure as hell will cancel my pre-order, it is completely absurd that on a PvP server we're gonna see level 50's after the first day when only a small percentage on ppl have been able to even login in. This will also destroy leveling by PvP experience for the rest of us who do not want to use exploits.

See this is the thing. Why have a leveling system if no one cares?

Why not let us just create level 50's from the start? Our loss correct? All that skipped content and such..

Many... MANY of us play MMOs to compete casually or hard core.. this kinda tears apart both.

It will be fixed, as for me I'll take my time and enjoy the story, for the odd folks who think racing to 50 means anything whatsoever, I don't care. BW will fix the issue it's not like they don't know what's going on.

To all the people claiming this isnt an exploit or the players fault. Read the following, preferable till you understand it.

Its clear in the RoC which you can find under "Your account" at the top of the page. All which should have been read and understood before joining the game in the first place.

Key words there are "bug in the service."

This is not a bug. This is an intended mechanic that is being abused by a small fraction of players.

Yeah, except it's not a bug. It's an intended game design. BW can't expect people who encounter this to somehow deduce that getting XP from a warzone is a "bug"

This is sad indeed, i didn't mind waiting for early access, i was actually enjoying the wait and being excited, but this news of mass exploiting on the very first day to reach mid levels has just took most of my excitement away....its a fact that none will be punished for it, people hardly ever are...and how could they be punished for adding to a warzone? really?

Exploits happen in every mmo, no matter what and there will be many more ..... but the majority of the player base isn't even able to be in the game yet and they've to compete with exploiters :( I just question if this bug was supposedly already reported in beta, then how could they ever have let it slip into EGA/Launch?

I agree with this. Bioware has shot themsevles in the foot. This is a debacle, no other word to describe it. Comepletely unfair, a scam, a sham and poorly thought out by executives with nary a clue.

Terrible launch, terrible decisions + exploits=failure

Here's a thought that I'm surprised no one has thought of: exp based on time played.

But no, PvE carebears need to have PvP exp removed completely and all PvPers banned, and PvP hardcores need to have it all and have it now.

He actually changed his text in the next post, to "just remove it in quick finish games".

I Love PvP XP it means people can't make PvP twinks and ruin the game for newbies.

These exploiters still need punishing, and them being dealt with harshly is the best way for BW to send the message.

This is not an exploit, it happened to me in beta, its not my fault that there are no people to play with us...

Its not your fault if it happens to you once, twice, or whatever.

It is your fault if you repeatedly qeue for warzones knowing you are exploiting a bug all the way to 40+

I agree BW's action here will set the tone for the whole game. I really hope they take a cue from the EvE devs and treat exploits very seriously.

Pretty simple here. You go to a bank machine, and request 20 dollars from you account. Instead you are greeted with 200$ dollars instead, by accident of the bank. If you take that 180$, pocket it walking away thinking 'yippy' free money. Wrong, you've actually stolen 180$, you can, and will be charged by police if you did not report it. (or they will simply take whats was rightfully there's from your account anyways) Same deal here, just because the bank machine (The warzone) is spewing out loads of cash (xp), it does not make it there fault, it's yours for turning into a thief.

I will have to think hard about buying the game if BioWare bans people over their stupidity. Players have this unique knack for finding creative ways, staying within the game mechanics, to level. It is not exploiting. Exploits are speed hacks, or map hacks, aim hacks etc. Using a game mechanic in the way that BioWare actually coded the game is not an exploit.

Even if players are using the mechanics in a way BioWare didn't know their game would respond to is not an exploit. If BioWare was serious about stopping this use of game mechanics, then they would shut the servers down and quickly patch the problem by not allowing players to leave the warzones, or any number of other fixes. BioWare in essence is endorsing the use of these mechanics by not shutting down the servers.

Legal Notices - Rules of conduct

http://www.swtor.com/legalnotices/roc

The Rules of Conduct are guidelines that apply to conduct and behavior on the Star Wars: The Old Republic website, product and service

A.General Rules and Guidelines

To keep the Service a compliant, fun, fair and safe gaming environment for everyone, you may not engage in any of the following behavior:

17. Exploit any bug in the Service to gain unfair advantage in the game and/or communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through the public posting) to any other user of the Service.

B. Mod, Hack and Cheat Prohibitions

4. You may not use macros, add-ons or other stored rapid keystrokes, "dupes," "cheats" or other patterns of play that facilitate acquisition of items, currency, objects, character attributes, rank or status at an accelerated rate.

:rolleyes:

Edited by Ahkronn
edited post layout for better viewing

This is not a bug. This is an intended mechanic that is being abused by a small fraction of players.

Which has increased now thanks to threads like this one. Let's not quietly report the issue and move on...let's throw up some giant bullhorns and neon signs that point all the players to the exploits.

The more people doing it..the harder it is going to be for Bioware to decide to revert the people that are using it.

I don't see a way out for bioware It is a losing proposition no matter what they do.

If they rollback ~ huge complaints

If they do nothing ~ huge complaints.

The only solution for us still waiting to play is to play on fresh servers.

Sad really.

There is nothing wrong with what they are doing. BioWare created this mess by trying their staggered launch. Why won't people get angry at the right people.

BioWare messed up their launch, and until they delete the characters made today and allow EVERYONE in tomorrow, this situation will only get worse.

So your argument boils down to basically.. BW led you on, and was asking for it? Where have I heard that before?

Its not your fault if it happens to you once, twice, or whatever.

It is your fault if you repeatedly qeue for warzones knowing you are exploiting a bug all the way to 40+

I agree BW's action here will set the tone for the whole game. I really hope they take a cue from the EvE devs and treat exploits very seriously.

And what if I just want to PvP? Am I supposed to not play the game until this is "fixed?"

Which in turn makes it a bug. If it was working correctly there would be no BGs starting without x amount of players per side. And abuse = exploit, you even said the word abuse yourself.

But currently it starts the BG way too early, they could just change it so it doesnt start untill both sides have atleast 80% players, no idea when it starts now, but it must be much too low. Which is a bug, cos it shouldnt work that way.