PvP Power Leveling Bug? Rumor?

Later

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those were not the numbers for RR gained for a single ORvR kill at launch. You can't compare WAR as it is now and compare it to Swtor Pre-launch.

But that's exactly what I was doing.

And it's exactly what Bioware should be doing, they've had complete control of WAR for 1.5 years now, and have plenty of people from the Mythic team that saw WAR go Live working at Bioware on SWTOR.

Makes it even more bizarre they let this through.

>100 rr after 2 mins + queue time for a sc shut down vs 4000+ rr for a solo orvr kill, or at least 2000 rr for a sc where you won well (which would have taken less than 5 mins if you completely dominated)?

I've no idea what you're talking about.

there was no orvr renown bonus in early war sc was the fastest grind!

No, the mandatory 30-minute WF idea won't work. Basically forcing people to sit there for 30 minutes and do literally nothing will only make them /ragequit out of frustration of having nothing to do. The WF will end up being a ghost town.

The only thing that works is going off the same rules that other MMOs have done. They know what works and what doesn't. Rewarding people for absolutely nothing DOES NOT WORK, ie: not enough people ---> WF ends ---> full exp.

Rewards only for completing WF objectives, killing other players, and winning or flat out losing the match is the only way to make WF rewards fair.

If people leave a match early, the match shouldn't just shut down for lack of players. It sucks for the team who is short on people, but on the other hand, the queue system should allow for someone else to take that spot in the WF...again, like all other MMOs do.

Sometimes there's absolutely nothing wrong with copying what's already been done because it's been proven to work right.

Some smart ideas there as well. As a WAR vet, I can see TOR incorporating their system which works well enough I thought.

But that's exactly what I was doing.

And it's exactly what Bioware should be doing, they've had complete control of WAR for 1.5 years now, and have plenty of people from the Mythic team that saw WAR go Live working at Bioware on SWTOR.

Makes it even more bizarre they let this through.

To my knowledge a ton of the original Mythic team is gone. Lots of people, specifically the decision makers, were let go.

In any case, just because Bioware inherited the game doesn't mean that the design teams for the two are all that chummy.

You can be sure they can and will find the people using exploits to level up faster. Won't be long before those players will be taken down quite a bit. :)

Aren't the people in the game right now " the biggest bioware fans who pre-ordered the same day it released" ?

LOL

man that is going to be atrociously hard to find out if the people are actually exploiting or thinking it's just some kind of game design choice..their probably just gonna fix it and not punish the people who used it to the point of leveling uber fast

Yeah that's the problem. It's not an exploit to queue for a WZ and you have no idea how many people will be in there. The only way I could see this being an actual exploit is if you had 2 4 players teams from each faction on the same server queue up at the same time and then just agree to let one faction get all the objectives to end the WZ as fast as possible which is most likely not happening.

there was no orvr renown bonus in early war sc was the fastest grind!

Not at the current rate. Which makes it even more bizarre as Bioware have much of the Mythic team that will have seen that working on SWTOR.

Those that don't learn from their mistakes are doomed to repeat them - that doesn't bode well for SWTOR, given what they did to WAR. :eek:

Ultimate outcomes:

Option A: They hit 50, they run out of game content (or the game is boringly easy to play through the lower level missions) they give up on the toon and retire it in favor of one that wasn't speed leveled and is a challenge/fun to play.

Option B: They out level their credit income making them level 50's with level 11 training and gear, so need to spend hours farming low level trash mobs for the money to afford level 50 training and gear; get bored doing it and retire said toons for new ones that are fun to play.

Option C: They hit level 50, tool around for a bit, run out of stuff to do, get bored, cancel their pre-order and leave the game/server.

Unless I'm missing something here this problem looks to be self correcting... :rolleyes:

Ultimate outcomes:

Option A: They hit 50, they run out of game content (or the game is boringly easy to play through the lower level missions) they give up on the toon and retire it in favor of one that wasn't speed leveled and is a challenge/fun to play.

Option B: They out level their credit income making them level 50's with level 11 training and gear, so need to spend hours farming low level trash mobs for the money to afford level 50 training and gear; get bored doing it and retire said toons for new ones that are fun to play.

Option C: They hit level 50, tool around for a bit, run out of stuff to do, get bored, cancel their pre-order and leave the game/server.

Unless I'm missing something here this problem looks to be self correcting... :rolleyes:

Option D: They did their part in highlighting one of the worst launches in history.

To my knowledge a ton of the original Mythic team is gone. Lots of people, specifically the decision makers, were let go.

In any case, just because Bioware inherited the game doesn't mean that the design teams for the two are all that chummy.

When Bioware took over Mythic, much of the Mythic Dev team was merged into SWTORs team.

WAR hasn't really had a Dev team for 1.5 years now.

While this is clearly not working as intended, it isn't really an exploit. People are just queuing for War zones repeatedly. What are they supposed to do? Not play the game?

How did this bug make it out of beta?

Launch is of to a good start EA :) I'll just sit here and enjoy the fireworks while I wait for my box copy to arrive since you pulled my grace period.

I would bet that the ToS definition of 'exploit' encompasses those highlights.