mouse look based control system (like in FPS)

PeterisGls

I just came back after 2-3 years and have one very significant problem - after teso I am absolutely disgusted by non-FPS style control. Its way waayy more comfortable when you have fixed cursor on center of screen, look around by mouse and interact by pressing interaction key.

Previously I was used to have such comfortable control system only in FPS games, bet teso clearly showed that it can be very well adapted for fantasy games and melee fight. Since that old wow-style controls that we have here in swtor completely and totally disgusts me.

Looking around net I found out that:

1. game by itself has no possibility to toggle mouse look - its possible only by holding down mouse key.

2. its possible to get permanent mouse look with holding anything but for that you have to use 3-rd party software and write a little macro which still leaves us with 2 problems:

2a - you have no guarantees that you will not be banned for that

2b - cursor on screen is non-present and inactive while you have that mouselook and so you cant interact with things that is not key-targetable and key-interactable like quest-givers (that need right buton click that conflicts with mouselook) and objects (that also need right click on them).

So to sum up - dear developers, please be so kind and implement FPS style control system (like in teso) as current one is uncomfortable and repulsive.

Its not like it would require big amount of time or lots of resources, so why not do it... about now, as nice addition to that fallen empire ;)

TESO was built like this to compensate for its future as a console release.

SWTOR is strictly master race, no need to cripple it with an inferior peasant control system.

QFT. The last thing we need is some god awful console based control system.

Don't get me wrong, I love TESO, even more so now on the Xbox One (the PC version felt like a bad port lol)

but.. that style of camera fits with that style of game, and even then, barely. On Xbox it works, but on the PC it was horrible. The ability to have a HUD, and be able to click and interact with it is 100% better. Being locked in to the camera is 'disgusting' to most of us, as you put it. Having to look at something and press the 'interact' button is is no way better than right clicking an NPC or object.

And yes, I'd imagine it would take significant effort and/or resources to completely change everything to compensate for some horrible FPS version.

I just came back after 2-3 years and have one very significant problem - after teso I am absolutely disgusted by non-FPS style control. Its way waayy more comfortable when you have fixed cursor on center of screen, look around by mouse and interact by pressing interaction key.

Previously I was used to have such comfortable control system only in FPS games, bet teso clearly showed that it can be very well adapted for fantasy games and melee fight. Since that old wow-style controls that we have here in swtor completely and totally disgusts me.

1. game by itself has no possibility to toggle mouse look - its possible only by holding down mouse key.

2. its possible to get permanent mouse look with holding anything but for that you have to use 3-rd party software and write a little macro which still leaves us with 2 problems:

2b - cursor on screen is non-present and inactive while you have that mouselook and so you cant interact with things that is not key-targetable and key-interactable like quest-givers (that need right buton click that conflicts with mouselook) and objects (that also need right click on them).

So to sum up - dear developers, please be so kind and implement FPS style control system (like in teso) as current one is uncomfortable and repulsive.

Its not like it would require big amount of time or lots of resources, so why not do it... about now, as nice addition to that fallen empire ;)

i've played both and have no problem with this style, but i'm all for options. so i say why not.

i do think repulsive may be just a bit dramatic, though :)

Edited by kingshaneo

I rarely play first person shooters, maybe once per 2-3 years.

1) I dont feel my character at all...

2) they force me with characters/protagonists I dont even bother of having/playing

3) borring shoot and die, shoot and die...

I would NEVER join an mmo in first person view, such as destiny... ESO is third person as well, wow is also the same thing. MMOs are all about character progression and showing off ur new stuff, interacting with ur character. Thats why SWTOR needs a new character creator... It dont allow you create the character we want - the way we want it.

first person eliminates that - because it makes you BE the character and - no thanks.

Also the fps style mouse cursor you seek, it eliminates all the potential of opening your bugs, clicking a character, etc... you have to click several if not dozen of buttons to do a point to click job...

Edited by Oyranos

Don't get me wrong, I love TESO, even more so now on the Xbox One (the PC version felt like a bad port lol)

but.. that style of camera fits with that style of game, and even then, barely. On Xbox it works, but on the PC it was horrible. The ability to have a HUD, and be able to click and interact with it is 100% better. Being locked in to the camera is 'disgusting' to most of us, as you put it. Having to look at something and press the 'interact' button is is no way better than right clicking an NPC or object.

And yes, I'd imagine it would take significant effort and/or resources to completely change everything to compensate for some horrible FPS version.

From what I've read, it looked like a terrible console port because it was set up to be portable to consoles...

From what I've read, it looked like a terrible console port because it was set up to be portable to consoles...

thats why eso died, they scammed us. I never paid them even 1 month of sub... I used only the 30 days and left. I was totally freaked, before the free month ended, they said : You can now transfer ur account inot ps4 and xb1... It was like : Thank you of been a nice game tester (who paid like a stupid), now lets look into the real thing.

It doesnt feel like an mmo in controls, because of the #$$#$ consoles.

No minimap

no mouse cursor to do basics!!! You have to go near and click several buttons.

no economy, you have to bind ur account into guilds

its just terrible. Those who took those decisions, should resign. They took my 58 euro lol.... #$#$#rs

Its a beautiful mmo, in a dead in the brain producer and developer ideas. And the OP DARES to come here and request ESO features? How dare u.

ps: well. they could use the graphics and the character creator, maybe the collision as well and the server capacity... other than that... NO (I dont even have the mood to enter and play as a free to play).

Edited by Oyranos

Meh, I like the ability to move my cursor around, mouse over stuff to get the minimum info and tool tips.

^ there are even fun tooltip hover over things in Flashpoints and stuff (Manaan has a few in planet and in the Flashpoints for example).

Ew no, go away.