Yavin 4 Stronghold is GORGEOUS

Ruskaeth

It's amazing! It's huge! It's great! I love it. Love the options to climb on towers too. Love the roofs and amount of hooks. Love the massive cave. :D

Strongholds do need a new feature, especially Yavin 4 as it's HUGE one. What do you think about a "beacon decoration" that defines entrance spot to the stronghold? It would work so that you can only place one of them per stronghold and it would define that hook on floor as a spawn location.

I am looking forward to taking a tour of one myself, but I have no plans to buy it at this point. I figured by the end of today, someone will have all the rooms opened up, even if not fully decorated. However, your post does sound encouraging.... :)

It's really huge...

If people on the Red Eclipse want to go through the rooms I opened them and the stronghold is publicly listed as Dr'Slime's Stronghold. I have not decorated short of putting some large hook statues and Yavin Combat Area. Oh, I also put GTN and cargo bays in temporarily near the entrance.

Hopefully they introduce Manaan strongholds next (or even Dac or Kamino)

Your original post with links to Manaan possibilities already ruined me and is what is keeping me from buying Y4....;) I really love the planet as well, it feels "refreshing" just landing on it.

However, I will not rule out Y4 but with a 4 SH limit, we have to be carful about what to buy, I am already at 3 but I could disable the NS one if I had to.

The other question, will they ever do it and am I holding myself back for no good reason..... A Y4 tour could sway me, not so sure yet.

Edited by Themanthatisi

Could not agree more....I was really looking forward to this stronghold, but I tempered my expectations...

However... WOW....I'm blown away by the size...tha ambiance...the features....just...WOW

KUDOS Bioware....it's truly a beautiful addition to the game

Must admit I was in two minds over getting the stronghold.

What tempted me was two simple things;

- I didn't want to spend time adding 400 decorations to my tatooine stronghold.

- Having the "exit to Yavin 4" option saves me unlocking the 200k quick travel perk on a multitude of toons, offsetting the overall cost (22 x 200k = 4.4m).

I've got to say, I'm glad I've unlocked it, as well as all of the rooms. Good work BioWare, thanks :D

I am extremely disappointed by the fact that all of the hooks seem to be clustered in certain areas and there are huge portions of the stronghold that you just cant decorate at all or very very little. This isnt giving us more options imo. I mean I have a lot of "ground" decorations I've been saving up so I could decorate in the grass areas because thats where they would look the coolest and guess what? For the most part those large areas of grass have little to no hooks whatsoever.

I think the stronghold is worth buying even if I only could afford the 'initial purchase' and none of the extra areas yet. That is alright for now since gives me something to 'work towards' at least what I tell myself hehe. I do wish that they did give a couple hooks in the grass area out front cause I agree that I have a few pets and animal mounts I had thought 'this would be cool to put them in the grass' more 'life-like' and was a bit disappointed that they will have to stand on stone if I place them some place. Small thing for a really well done stronghold. :)

I thought it looked bad.

But people like it so...

I understand Muzlu...personal preferences being what they are.....to each their own

People will nit-pick it as well...I just cannot say enough good things

It screams IMPERIAL to me...I think I will decorate it Imperial only...and make Tatooine Republic only

I understand Muzlu...personal preferences being what they are.....to each their own

People will nit-pick it as well...I just cannot say enough good things

It screams IMPERIAL to me...I think I will decorate it Imperial only...and make Tatooine Republic only

Textures look bad compared to Nar Shaadaa.

They seem fine on the planet but not good as a stronghold.

I thought it looked bad.

But people like it so...

Come to my stronkhold young padawan and you will see the glory of Yavin 4! :D

(and excessive use of statues so I recommend you to watch the "landing" intro") :p

I love it, I absolutely do. It is so great that I can not even start decorating yet since I know I will redo it over and over again.

I have to sleep on it and when I wake up I will get right on it.

A BIG hug to the DEVs that made this one, thank you very much :tran_grin:

Overall, I think the Yavin Stronghold is amazing, very well done devs! Was smiling practically the whole time I was exploring it. I would really, really, really like to see more hooks added though (not in total number, just the locations of hooks on the maps); there are huge stretches of outdoor space with few to no hooks on them. The area surrounding the outdoor starship hook (so you can make spectator areas for your combat arena), the tunnels in the cave, the cave itself and the balcony at the end, and just other areas of the clearings have very few hooks, and they're all scattered, creating very little opportunities for customization. I'd absolutely love it if a smattering of medium and medium narrow hooks (at the least) could be added in a future update.

So what's in the secret cave behind the giant statue head? On TOR-Decorating it looks like a few ponds, but it's only the map view and no live shots.

Posted a video of it here, cave is at 18:30:

Edited by Aravail

Posted a video of it here, cave is at 18:30:

Thanks for that vid! Not quite as many hooks as I hoped for in the waterfall area to do a bat cave-ish theme with computers, planning tables and other tech items, but may be doable on the smaller scale.