What kind of keyboard do you use?

Lundorff

My mouse is a super elite Logitech G600 with no less than 12 buttons on the side alone. Couldn't live without it. My keyboard however, is a Logitech Solar K750. Yeah the one with flat keys.... I have gotten really freaking used to this keyboard, but there isn't much gamer style about it - and running out of batteries mid-battle is a bit annoying

I keep hearing a great deal about mechanical keyboards, and perhaps it's time for chance. So what would you recommend?

Edited by Lundorff

A $10 keyboard from Wal-Mart made by a company I've never heard of before, because that was literally the only wired keyboard I could find without ordering one online. Buying AA batteries every six months is for scrubs.

My mouse is a razor naga, though.

Edited by DrewFromPhilly

I have a G700s mouse and use a Logitech G13 for other keybinds, but my keyboard is a second generation microsoft erganomic, I can't get used to a flat one for typing!

I am actually considering getting a G600 myself, G700s is great for my work and daily activites, but just not enough buttons for SWTOR, lol

I use a Razer Naga 2014 (12 button thumb-pad + the 3 regular mouse buttons, and 2 extras), and I think any fancy gaming mouse with a thumb-pad or any sort of combination of extra buttons that you'd prefer would work. With shift/alt/ctrl modifiers, you can get a ton of keybinds out of even a 5 button mouse.

My keyboard is a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate, I mainly just got this to have a nice gaming keyboard that would match my mouse (backlit green), but the mechanical part of it is quite nice. I DID notice a difference in response from using my mechanical keyboard compared to my regular one, it's very slight, but if you play with mechanical keys for a while and then switch to a regular cheap keyboard, you'll probably notice that it feels slightly "slow". The keys just respond better to touch on a mechanical keyboard.

Not necessarily a huge deal if you don't want to shell out the money for it. There are keyboards with extra keys for macros, apps, and other features, but I wouldn't call them necessary at all.

Edited by QuiveringPotato

^ These

With another merc stealth boxed/on the shelf since they're out of production.

Yeah such a shame. They are a good keyboard for MMO gaming. My one is pretty old now and the 'S' button on the d-pad has broken (but who needs back pedal?! lol)

I really would like to find a replacement or similar one

Until recently I would switch it up between the cheap keyboards I've acquired throughout the years. Decided to finally go with a mechanical when the last one died so went with the Razer blackwidow as it was on sale and didn't have a lot of money on hand.

Also used a Naga for like 3 years and that finally died a few weeks ago. Went a different direction and gambled on a similar mouse made by Redragon as it was only $35 on amazon. Id say the gamble paid off as it works fantastic.

Yeah such a shame. They are a good keyboard for MMO gaming. My one is pretty old now and the 'S' button on the d-pad has broken (but who needs back pedal?! lol)

I really would like to find a replacement or similar one

Yeah that gamepad is handy! I dunno about UK-local sources but got the extra one off amazon.com. They still show up periodically for sale on that site.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Just got the newer version of the black widow ultimate after my original one drowned one too many times. ;x Kinda miss the multi color scheme the old ones have, the greens not easy on the eyes for me. Have an old merc stealth as a back up incase something happens to my keyboard but I don't really like the feel of it tbh. Razor naga for the mouse. Tried one of those game pads back in the day but just couldnt get used to it in a timely manner. Edited by Amaste

Its a Steel Series on an MSI laptop. And I am officially reliant on a smaller keyboard like that to where I have a cheap, small one for when I have it running on my TV. Small keys are easier to reach across, although I do fat finger when trying to type out incoming at times. "Wqesrt 1!" Most things I do with my Naga otherwise.

Been debating getting the game pad again as I would have more use for it now, but you still need a keyboard and I would likely stick to a small one as I use now.

Keyboards are for bads. I use telepathy and mind-control.

Hmm I wonder which is faster because I choose to plug everything directly through my brain so is this kind of like Ethernet cables vs wifi?

I have been considering a keypad for awhile now, but I am not sure about the angle of the thing. All keyboards, be they gamer or normal, go upwards at an angle whereas keypads go downwards. It seems like a huge adjustment.

It's not nearly as bad as you might think, after about a week or two of playing with it you'll remember where the keys are and it makes everything more convient IMO, my father used an Anansi keyboard and then I got him to use a Nostromo and while it took him some time to figure it out he prefers the game pad over the keyboard because he has access to the WASD keys on the mouse Dpad 15 programable keys in a 5x3 lay out in a straight line down instead of slightly diagonally which I think makes motion faster, an easy tab and space bar key because right above and below the Dpad is an additional key which can be used to tab while still using your 4 other fingers to hit your action keys and lastly a much more natural feel to the game pad over a key board, because of the shape of the game pad it forms in the palm of your hand like your holding a tennis ball so you don't feel as much pressure on the bottom of your wrist.

A no-name keyboard by Fujitsu, a nice thing bought from a closing electronics market. :D

My two mice (one for each PC) are Logitech M90 and Logitech M100 - and the suzpport was NOT able to tell me the difference between both despite their names (and colours) !

By the way, it is very noticeable who uses multi-key mice and who doesn't. Those who do are usually at the top of the feeding chain, because they take any advantage over others they can get ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

My keyboard looks like a steering wheel, so that I can turn it.

Nah, but seriously it's a Microsoft wireless one that feels pretty good to my hands, but it glitches sometimes and misses keystrokes. I'm probably going to get a wired one. I like Razer and Corsair stuff, will probably look into some linked here.