Scheduled Maintenance: 21-22 July 2015

TaitWatson

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More importantly it seems only the healing classes are getting screwed with this whole thing...so grats to us healers our job just got it up the butt! Cant really claim that noble sacrifice was a huge advantage other than it regenerated your force powers a bit at the expense of your health, so you would have to use your regained Force power to heal yourself back up as well. Wandering Mend was more of an unfair bolster to healers than Noble Sacrifice was. it allowed you to do large heals to numerous group members at once and pretty much made using other healing skills worthless. Instead of screwing with the other skills they should have just dialed back the healing output of wandering mend as it traveled from one person to the next, that would make the healer have to swap to a different target and give them additional heals as a sage (and their counter-part of the Sorcs), and thereby using more Force to heal the additional members of the group.

Merc healers now do less healing than before, and they were already relegated to support healer instead of being a full healer, which is bogus. Since 3.0 launched pretty much all other healers other than Scoundrel and Operative got nurfed, hardest of which would easily be the Bounty Hunter and Trooper healers, since the Sorc and Sage got a potent group heal from it.

I found that healing as it was, at this point, was more than adequately balanced for the most part...though the Operatives and Scoundrels had an advantage as DPS seeing as they could stealth, heal, and dps all in one grouping. So I can understand reducing the healing output of them and even Sage and Sorcs when in DPS trees...but increasing the cost of skills and slightly increasing the healing potential of the skills is stupid.

But hey, could just be me. I think that these changes are a huge mistake.

No not just you, i felt the same just now as i read the notes with a heavy sigh. Not a huge mistake per say but could have been balanced a wee bit more. I mostly solo sooo i must get in game to see how it affects and effects my toon.

why the 13hr downtime? and for those who want to correct me and say 12 hrs look again: 8pm pdt - 9am pdt is what I see posted. Also if ur gonna cut bounty week so short why not just remove it entirely. it's almost not worth doing when u take so much time away from the event. bad choice imo to shorten it cuz you devs didn't get ur patch out in time. Edited by Allysaala

Its kind of disappointing to see so many fans and non-fans alike getting upset over a 24 hour delay. Come on people really... how many of you are developers of games? How many of you put in the time necessary to learn what it is that they all have to do.

I wouldn't care if this was Bioware or Activision I'm kind of disappointed in the reaction from the community.

Its kind of disappointing to see so many fans and non-fans alike getting upset over a 24 hour delay. Come on people really... how many of you are developers of games? How many of you put in the time necessary to learn what it is that they all have to do.

I wouldn't care if this was Bioware or Activision I'm kind of disappointed in the reaction from the community.

I'm thankful they're actually taking the time to make sure everything is working correctly before they roll it out. Other companies serving under their EA overlords just push things out to meet deadlines and to hell with bug fixes.

Hey all!

The original post has been updated with the new date, times, and a link to the Patch Notes.

Thank you all for your patience!

Which time is correct in the post? The PDT or GMT ones? Because, they're not the same (the interval hasn't even the same duration,13h vs 12h)

Edited by Nkya

uh tait? one thing that has not been explained at all is, once the yavin 4 strong hold comes out where do we purchase it from? is it from fleet? is it from yavin 4 itself? Where will we be able to find the terminal to make the purchase???? and for god sakes how much in CC will it cost? Everyone is asking.

uh tait? one thing that has not been explained at all is, once the yavin 4 strong hold comes out where do we purchase it from? is it from fleet? is it from yavin 4 itself? Where will we be able to find the terminal to make the purchase???? and for god sakes how much in CC will it cost? Everyone is asking.

I'm sure there will be a 4th kiosk added to the fleet in the same area they others are in.

It was on the PTS, see here. I don't think they changed that.

Thanks for the hard work, guys!

Thanks, Teclado.

So, initially we lose out a bit on the ranked comms vs. "ranked" gear cost as they are now 50% less expensive, but our ranked comms lose 66% of value. However, everything else is dropping relatively proportional to the 66%. Considering that we'll generate regular comms faster than ranked anyway, it's a boon over time. I just have to forget that I converted so many regs into ranked only to have those comms go *poof*. :rolleyes: