The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ashe/Lady Insanity just posted a new video with new KotFE info.

Does it seem weak? To me it seems so large that I'm skeptical they can actually deliver that much per month. Think about it - how many hours of cut-scenes did Makeb have? Or SoR? An hour of just cut-scenes is a lot.

ROTHC - 2 hours and thirty nine minuets

SOR - 2 hours and fourty two minuets (Including the class quests)

KOTFE - 9 hours (According to Bioware at the moment)

This is cutscenes by the way

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's two threads you've posted that silly accusation in. You should prolly settle down.

It's also incredibly gross and minimizes and ridicules abuse and that's really, really not a cool thing to do, so yeah, they should stop :/

The means are the same. You create a character and you play thru the story like you did before originally and are now repeating. The only possible difference is possibly deleting a character if you do not have room.

Nah, I mean, the means between what Tux considers repeatable and what you need to do for class stories is different, because for one you can do it on the same character as often as you want when you want while for the other you need to make a new character and play through the story content that comes before it before you get to the part you want.

Which still doesn't make the story one off, but the mechanics are different, which makes them somewhat different types of content.

What I don't understand is why people are so intent in shouting about how little content KotFE has to offer when the difference is the kind of content KotFE gave us vs the kind of content SoR gave us. KotFE gives more, but at least the part that we get in October is only a single kind of content (story) rather than a smaller chunk of the same (story focused) content with some other (group focused) content. The real problem is whether you like that content best or not, not the amount of content (cause KotFE is huge). Tux and other raiders don't, people who are primarily into story do.

You led the charge to get raiders off pot5. Now the only guild we can sorta pug successfully with is darkside gaming. :p
I wish I had that much pull here...the exodus was well under way before I started to chime in. I just know what moving servers did to my gameplay...faster PvP pops, GSF pops, groups forming on Fleet ALL the time, not just the 1-2 per night on POT5. I want YOU to enjoy this game...YOU are the people I group with for everything I do. I saw far too many people leave POT5 and sit there hoping something would happen...that feeling sucks and leads to people just quitting...I'd rather tell you that XXX Server is alive and well than to have you think all servers were like ours.

Anyway...I apologize for the damage you think I did...but I really have nowhere near that pull :)

I often disagree with TUXs (he says some pretty dumb things sometimes), but in this case, he is absolutely correct.

Story content is not repeatable in TOR, because you have to make a new character to do it. In the context of an MMO, something is repeatable if a character that has done it once is able to do it again, and not whether or not the player can experience it again.

Incidentally, this is why I dislike Guild Wars 2: story content is neither repeatable by a character, nor by a player, as content is periodically (within a month or two) removed forever.

Disagree. TOR is a story based MMO developed by a company that produces repeatable single player games called BW. In BW style story games you are actively encouraged to repeat the same story over and over with different variations to experience several outcomes. Since TOR is a story based MMO, the same applies here. That's why class stories have different outcomes to choices you make. And to experience them all, you have to repeat the story content. It doesn't matter for this game if you cannot repeat the story on the same character or not, it's simply there for repeated play thrus. Whether you choose to or not is a personal preference but that doesn't negate that story content is repeatable.

I'm sorry you think it is an accusation. It isn't an attack against you, it is the truth. It can be very hard to see when you're the subject of such abuse, but help is available. You don't have to accept it.

As opposed to you, the bastion of logic and reason? LOL! Sorry, just couldn't resist this. Perhaps you should look at your on posting history. You are certainly battered and more than a little melodramatic on occasion.

Last I checked no MMO had any repeatable story content. Well, Phantasy Star Universe did, but that was years ago. However, that was more Flashpoint based. No Actual stand alone story content.

Do you think that's a mistake? I do. All that effort to create "leveling" content that engages a character, and then leaves it to rot. I think MMOs need to allow players to go back and relive the stories that hooked them...I think it's silly they don't allow it.

I'm sorry you think it is an accusation. It isn't an attack against you, it is the truth. It can be very hard to see when you're the subject of such abuse, but help is available. You don't have to accept it.

I'm going to ask you to settle down one more time.

Do you think that's a mistake? I do. All that effort to create "leveling" content that engages a character, and then leaves it to rot. I think MMOs need to allow players to go back and relive the stories that hooked them...I think it's silly they don't allow it.

Not saying it wouldn't be nice, but thrashing BioWare for not doing it when so many other MMOS haven't done it seems pretty shallow. A low blow. Also, aside from no new Operations, BioWare hasn't announced anything on PvP and Dailiy area content for the new expansion, so I wouldn't jump to conclusions that it doesn't exist, until we hear it from the horse's mouth.

I wish I had that much pull here...the exodus was well under way before I started to chime in. I just know what moving servers did to my gameplay...faster PvP pops, GSF pops, groups forming on Fleet ALL the time, not just the 1-2 per night on POT5. I want YOU to enjoy this game...YOU are the people I group with for everything I do. I saw far too many people leave POT5 and sit there hoping something would happen...that feeling sucks and leads to people just quitting...I'd rather tell you that XXX Server is alive and well than to have you think all servers were like ours.

Anyway...I apologize for the damage you think I did...but I really have nowhere near that pull :)

Maybe it's that your trumpet was just the loudest. When any forum thread was created/added to about pot5 i could littetaly count the seconds until the obligatory reply from tux was coming with leave pot5! Oh it irritated me so...lol

It's also incredibly gross and minimizes and ridicules abuse and that's really, really not a cool thing to do, so yeah, they should stop :/

Nah, I mean, the means between what Tux considers repeatable and what you need to do for class stories is different, because for one you can do it on the same character as often as you want when you want while for the other you need to make a new character and play through the story content that comes before it before you get to the part you want.

Which still doesn't make the story one off, but the mechanics are different, which makes them somewhat different types of content.

What I don't understand is why people are so intent in shouting about how little content KotFE has to offer when the difference is the kind of content KotFE gave us vs the kind of content SoR gave us. KotFE gives more, but at least the part that we get in October is only a single kind of content (story) rather than a smaller chunk of the same (story focused) content with some other (group focused) content. The real problem is whether you like that content best or not, not the amount of content (cause KotFE is huge). Tux and other raiders don't, people who are primarily into story do.

I agree with the fact there are different ways to do it but if the end goal is the same, what does it matter? The content gets repeated. If BW didn't want you to repeat the content they would tell you no and prevent you from doing so.

There is some work there. Do you bolster the old story content (essentially all quests would auto scale). How would they handle decision point variables that carried forward? (no changes after first play through?) Back end mechanics seems like it would be the real issue. No doubt it could be done, but is it worth taking effort from other stuff?

As opposed to you, the bastion of logic and reason? LOL! Sorry, just couldn't resist this. Perhaps you should look at your on posting history. You are certainly battered and more than a little melodramatic on occasion.

I was battered, over the slot machine thing... then I got help and moved on from that...

My perspective on the game is now much more even and detached, I'll support and defend when justified and criticize when justified. I see now that it is just a game and a commercial product by a for-profit company.

Reno hasn't seen that yet, his defense of Bioware in the past few days is similar to my protests over the slot machine situation.

"In an effort to temper the rising furor on the forums, Bioware announces that the new expansion will be repeatedly replayable, with repeatable replayability":D

Dammit, don't make me laugh out loud like that! I'm drinking coffee here!!! :D

Actually Star Trek Online does that. Not that I've ever used any of that content for anything other than easy xp or something pertaining to what I needed at the moment. It's not as interesting as you might think.

On the flip side, STO's dyson sphere battlezones are an example of the kind of repeatable content that you are talking about and are very good. I wish SWTOR had something analogous to them.

That's how it should actually happen.

What they should just do is make the repeatable story mode not key to the original story content you completed. Rather just a way to reminiscence, while not worrying about the choices you make in the replayable content actually affecting your core choices you already made from your first playthrough.

Edited by Koichi

Not saying it wouldn't be nice, but thrashing BioWare for not doing it when so many other MMOS haven't done it seems pretty shallow. A low blow. Also, aside from no new Operations, BioWare hasn't announced anything on PvP and Dailiy area content for the new expansion, so I wouldn't jump to conclusions that it doesn't exist, until we hear it from the horse's mouth.

I've never thrashed Bioware for not allowing it, but I have supported players who have requested it...especially with this game. Story was what it was sold on.

There is some work there. Do you bolster the old story content (essentially all quests would auto scale). How would they handle decision point variables that carried forward? (no changes after first play through?) Back end mechanics seems like it would be the real issue. No doubt it could be done, but is it worth taking effort from other stuff?

I think they could go either way with this tbh...someone who wants to enjoy the story, may just like to replay it as a "HERO" and have very little challenge...but that won't appeal to everyone, so you'd want to scale players back that want the challenge (players because so much is in the open world).

I was battered, over the slot machine thing... then I got help and moved on from that...

My perspective on the game is now much more even and detached, I'll support and defend when justified and criticize when justified. I see now that it is just a game and a commercial product by a for-profit company.

Reno hasn't seen that yet, his defense of Bioware in the past few days is similar to my protests over the slot machine situation.

The only thing I'm defending is my opinion and perspective of the current info that's been released. People act like BW hasn't burned me ever.

What they should just do is make the repeatable story mode not key to the original story content you completed. Rather just a way to reminiscence, while not worrying about the choices you make in the replayable content actually affecting your core choices you already made from your first playthrough.

Like click an object on your ship or make a decoration and play thru that planet's story? I could get behind that.

The only thing I'm defending is my opinion and perspective of the current info that's been released. People act like BW hasn't burned me ever.

Let's face it. BioWare and us players are in this endless cycle of a love and hate relationship. Sometimes we love them, most of the time we hate them. :D (jk) I won't deny that they are heavy on the Nerf Hammer (WHICH WE ALL SHOULD CONSIDER THE NEXT TIME WE COMPLAIN THAT SOMETHING IS TOO GOOD FOR US.... just saying :D)

Like click an object on your ship or make a decoration and play thru that planet's story? I could get behind that.

EXACTLY! I got the idea when I noticed I could click on the Data Archive at the back of my Jedi Knight's starship where we can replay messages from our origin story.

That's been requested thru out history. I'd be on board with it.

I know. lol I made a few threads for it too. Been beating that dead horse for months now. (No actual horses were hurt in the creation of this post...:p)

Edited by Koichi