The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ashe/Lady Insanity just posted a new video with new KotFE info.

Suggesting it's repeatable simply because you can run it again on a completely different toon, is stupid. But please, keep pretending along with your other buddies.

But that is the definition of repeatable. You can run the exact same content again and again and again until your whatever's content.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of assumptions...keep dreaming.

Here, I thought maybe you missed it.

http://dulfy.net/2015/06/17/swtor-kotfe-story-and-companions/

The Outlander: your character’s past will be a key part of their identity as the Outlander moving forward. The choices you’ve made, romances you’ve pursued, your class, etc are all a part of who your character is, and those decisions will be honored in KOTFE; often in unexpected ways. How that works for characters who are created at level 60 is something we’ll dive into in the future, but we will not be setting a “canon” version of any class or world storyline. Your choices matter – that’s at the heart of our storytelling philosophy at Bioware.

Here's my "assumptions" by comparison

Except those which your class already determined via story, except those by which choices you made determine the later outcome of consequences to your character, and except those choices that your character makes in the new content.

No, it won't be class specific content like in the old game, but it won't be generic either, because with enough choices the possibilities become larger and the lack of conformity among characters becomes evident.

Edited by KorbanShepard
clarification

@ Reno. you do realize that there ARE NO class specific stories in Fallen empire right? watch the video again. we are NOT getting individual stories. we are getting a SINGLE story that will, hopeful have enough class flavor to make it re-playable. but we are not even getting Rishilike class specific quest.

They already said it will before this video came out. It'll be a class-enhanced personal story with a lot of variations based on your choices and what companiosn you choose to recruit.

??? If you're choices matter, then the story isn't really generic. If they do this right, everyone should have different outcomes at crucial moments in the story.

I was referring to the generic stories in regards to Makeb and SOR. This will be different.

That's ridiculous, even for you. Repeatable means you've done it before and are doing it again - no new character...and you know that. Stop being absurd.

You can't twist the meaning of repeatable to fit your agenda and exclude things. Repeatable means doing something that you've done before already. Class stories are repeatable, you just have to do it on a new character from the same class. It's the same in other rpgs if you want to repeat the story, you have to start from scratch. Thus, Class stories are repeatable and not ridiculous.

This is as generic it gets Reno...it fits Jedi, Sith, Troopers, males, females, dark, light...generic. ZERO specifics.

It's a class enhanced personal story focused on your player character the choices he makes which vary from character to character. Idk about you but having varied story options doesn't sound generic to me.

We're getting less CONTENT. We got plenty of story in past updates...you're just pretending we didn't.

Um, no. Like, honestly, no. I get about 3 hours out of SoR per alt, KotFe promises more than triple for just what we get this October. That's... That's not less. You can't say that Ravagers of ToS have 3 minut cutscenes attached to them so they're hours upon hours of story content because you can repeat those 3 minute cutscenes over and over. (Can you, actually? I've never done them, only operations I've done were Karagga's Palace and Eternity Vault and I never repeated them. And we were overleveled for that. If I imagine that on level? hours of padding via broing fights for probably not even ten minutes of actual story.)

I mean, come on Tux, you know when people demand more story they don't mean that. It *is* more story content. It's less group content. Which sucks for group players, but saying we're getting less when this objectively more than SoR based on our current info, cause it's not the content group players wanted is disingenuous and saying that the Chapter length is pathetic when compared to the *story* focused content we've gotten before is also false.

Group focused content vs story focused content are two different kinds. You can group up for KotFe, even if you have to redo the story scenes for everyone in the group, but that doesn't make it group focused content any more than short fluff scenes make group focused content into story focused content.

This isn't the content you wanted, which sucks, I know, cause this is exactly what I've been wanting and waiting for the one expansion a year which delivered content truly relevant to my interests also sucked. And I certainly hope BW is gonna add more group focused content for the players who enjoy that! But it's not less or little content, just like the Dread War wasn't little content -- just not content that had relevance to me.

to your last paragraph - what constitutes cheating? as far as flags are concerned, I'm pretty well aware of what cheating in real life is :p I didn't exactly get a warning that harmlessly flirting with various npc's but not taking them up on their offers would mean the end of marriage. after all - all it meant before was an annoyed spouse (I actualy run with Risha as ground-side companion on my flirty smuggler, plus half the time I'd flirt becasue annoyed Risha=hilarious Risha)

to your second paragraph... do they have those flags separated out right now? becasue they are talking about your spouses knowing what you did with Lana and/or Theron. (all I did was pick a few flirts that sounded appropriate - basically compliments)

so yeah... until I know how they flagged these things? I'm going to feel just a bit of trepidation. because like I said, its perfectly in character for my smuggler to flirt, but never follow through. I would not call it cheating by any stretch of imagination.

@ Reno. you do realize that there ARE NO class specific stories in Fallen empire right? watch the video again. we are NOT getting individual stories. we are getting a SINGLE story that will, hopeful have enough class flavor to make it re-playable. but we are not even getting Rishilike class specific quest.

Your smuggler saying a few things to Lana? Flirting. Your smuggler ftb? Cheating. Even if you say it was just a kiss, that wasn't a peck on the cheek. It was cheating.

People knew this when they made the choices :p Now they're worried they'll lose a companion, when it was stated in the video this wouldn't happen. OR rather, you'll get a choice to break it off there or stay together. My take on it is, BW is giving a way for you to have cheated and not suffer any consequences for it, but saying next time, you will pay for it. The companion can leave.

So, be careful what you do to your romancable healer. :p

Though, I wonder if in the expansion, companions will become multi class, so you can play with whatever class you like while playing with the companion you like.

PSA

Guys you don't need to validate your reasons to others. There is no possible way you can explain is going to convince them to change their minds because they have completely different priorities than you do. Just be happy you are getting the content you want and leave it at that. Arguing about it is pointless and a huge waste of time. Complaints are not going to change the plan that is already set into motion by Bioware.

Edited by Nickious

But that is the definition of repeatable. You can run the exact same content again and again and again until your whatever's content.

The part you're missing is that you need to go through plenty of other steps to do it again. But please, keep pretending. It's comical.

The part you're missing is that you need to go through plenty of other steps to do it again. But please, keep pretending. It's comical.

What other steps are they that you wouldn't do normally, aside from possibly having to delete a character if you're at the sever cap?

Um, no. Like, honestly, no. I get about 3 hours out of SoR per alt, KotFe promises more than triple for just what we get this October.
You shouldn't have spacebar'd and you should have done your class specific quest...something you won't get in FE.

You shouldn't have spacebar'd and you should have done your class specific quest...something you won't get in FE.

Lol I never spacebar unless I'm repeating the cutscene for dialogue options (which means I did get more, but I'll also get more out of KotFe than I'm projecting here cause I don't count the amount of redoing cutscenes to see different dialogue options :rolleyes:

And while i would have liked more class stories, if the main story isn't as disappointing as pubside Makeb I think I'll be good :p

Edit: According to Youtube the SoR story is about 1 hour and 20 minutes cutscene wise. That's... ot even two chapters of KotFE. Now, you count all the class specific quests and intros, which would be about... another 30 minutes and you get... 2 chapters! SoR's story content is literally just two chapters of KotFE and you're trying to tell us it's more than KotFE's story content.

I say again, the issue is *different kinds* of content.

Edited by freeoftime

I've done it again. I just completed my second Warrior and my second Consular. I might even do another agent by the time this is over ( by far the best storyline in game). You're confusing time taken to do content with =/= repeatable.

So, either you're assuming that because you don't value repeating it that someone else wouldn't or that the content isn't repeated just because you created another character (btw, nothing is stopping anybody from deleting their char, then starting over with the exact same name and face although that would be absurd). It's still virtually the same content and with very few exceptions in this game, the outcome of the content will be identical.

I've done it again. I just completed my second Warrior and my second Consular. I might even do another agent by the time this is over ( by far the best storyline in game). You're confusing time taken to do content with =/= repeatable.

So, either you're assuming that because you don't value repeating it that someone else wouldn't or that the content isn't repeated just because you created another character (btw, nothing is stopping anybody from deleting their char, then starting over with the exact same name and face although that would be absurd). It's still virtually the same content and with very few exceptions in this game, the outcome of the content will be identical.

Go for it. Keep making up ways to justify calling it "repeatable" lol. Make a million toons for all I care. You're still wrong...but don't let that change your view.

Hey :(

....Okay I don't delete so I have slight variations in name, but don't diss replaying the same characters, I love my bbs ok :C (I put a lot of time into making all those headcanons after all :p)

Go for it. Keep making up ways to justify calling it "repeatable" lol. Make a million toons for all I care. You're still wrong...but don't let that change your view.

Actually if you can't produce an argument to prove why they are wrong, then they can't be wrong. Sorry TUXs but story content is repeatable content.

And you still haven't listed the steps you claimed you needed to do that makes it not repeatable.

Actually if you can't produce an argument to prove why they are wrong, then they can't be wrong. Sorry TUXs but story content is repeatable content.

And you still haven't listed the steps you claimed you needed to do that makes it not repeatable.

That's starting the story over, not repeating it. But please keep pretending Reno.

So when you redo a flashpoint you're not starting it over again? Mind=blown.

Not at all...they all have a first time mission that is non-repeatable. You can do the FP after that 1st time quest all you like though, without having to start a new character of course.

Not at all...they all have a first time mission that is non-repeatable. You can do the FP after that 1st time quest all you like though, without having to start a new character of course.

Yes, but every time you do the FP, you start at the beginning of the FP. You are starting the FP over. If I repeat an action, I am starting the action over again.

Here's a google definition of the word repeat

re·peat

rəˈpēt/

verb

say again something one has already said.

"“Are you hurt?” he repeated"

do (something) again, either once or a number of times.

"earlier experiments were to be repeated on a far larger scale"

synonyms: do again, redo, replicate, rehash, duplicate More

noun

an action, event, or other thing that occurs or is done again.

"the final will be a repeat of last year"

synonyms: repetition, duplication, replication, duplicate, rehash

"a repeat of the previous year's final"

You might just wanna point out that you can't redo the specific quests of the story that you wanna do when you want to. Like, if I feel like recruiting Ashara again, I have to replay the entirety of the Prologue and Chapter 1 just to get to Taris and do that. While if I want to replay the Foundry, I can just hop onto my main (or any other character that is of the appropriate level or above) and go do the Foundry.

You might just wanna point out that you can't redo the specific quests of the story that you wanna do when you want to. Like, if I feel like recruiting Ashara again, I have to replay the entirety of the Prologue and Chapter 1 just to get to Taris and do that. While if I want to replay the Foundry, I can just hop onto my main (or any other character that is of the appropriate level or above) and go do the Foundry.

You'd still be repeating the content.

Yes, but every time you do the FP, you start at the beginning of the FP. You are starting the FP over. If I repeat an action, I am starting the action over again.

Here's a google definition of the word repeat

gratz this just got added as a great forum battle...we are now arguing the difference between repeating and replaying....

we all nitpick THAT Much?

Starting over is not the same thing Reno.

^ Correct. Why? Because the context is MMORPG. Common language matters, not dictionary definitions.

Repeatable: I did it. Now or later I can do it again.

Not: I did it. Now I need to create a new character so I can go do it again.

Edited by Joesixxpack