Ashe/Lady Insanity just posted a new video with new KotFE info.

For me and my boyfriend will probably take longer than an hour as we will have to repeat the stories, since we group up to do things and we tend to take our time so I'm not sure an hour is going to be all it will take for us.

I'm going to play normally and take my time so it'll prolly last longer for me as well.

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Companions that you romanced on your character will KNOW that you cheated on them on either Theron or Lana if you romanced them in Shadow of Revan..." Well... my arse is screwed when Kira realizes I romanced Lana.... :w_embarrass:

"Now Kira, put down the lightsaber...."

*swish swish swzzzt*

"We're on a bloody starship, Kira! You'll cause a breach!"

*crackle whoosh whoosh bzzzt*

"KIRA! It was just ONE kiss! It didn't mean anything!" (T_T)

*Lana overhears him and ignites her lightsaber* (O_O)

"Oh, Come on...!" (-_-)'

Companions will know...but will DS Jaesa care? She's easily as much of a hedonist as my Jugg. And I distinctly remember her implying that she had sex with someone else, then killed him in one of her dialogues.

If it's true that insta-60 characters will be forced into a stereotyped template (i.e., Sith Warrior = Dark Side, Jedi Knight = Light Side) to act as their character history instead of being able to select options from a limited menu, there will be a fair number of disappointed and/or irritated people.

I do hope that the situation will be made clear before folks commit themselves, as subscribers will only get one free insta-60 per account. It'd be a shame to waste it on a character you don't realize you have no desire to play until it's too late.

Companions will know...but will DS Jaesa care? She's easily as much of a hedonist as my Jugg. And I distinctly remember her implying that she had sex with someone else, then killed him in one of her dialogues.

Yeah... that poor imperial trooper...

I mean, it's not like he could say no to a sith wanting to bone him, because he has to do what sith command him to, but then she killed him?

That's just not fair.

(at least I hope she gave him a good ride)

If it's true that insta-60 characters will be forced into a stereotyped template (i.e., Sith Warrior = Dark Side, Jedi Knight = Light Side) to act as their character history instead of being able to select options from a limited menu, there will be a fair number of disappointed and/or irritated people.

I do hope that the situation will be made clear before folks commit themselves, as subscribers will only get one free insta-60 per account. It'd be a shame to waste it on a character you don't realize you have no desire to play until it's too late.

Eeeh, not to be picky but there's a 12x XP event going on all the way up to October.

If you can't be bothered to play your character to lvl 60 in that time, maby you shouldn't be too bothered about getting a stereotyped character at insta-60?

As far as the "1 hour of story content" goes, Lady Insanity clarified in the comments that "story content" specifically means stuff like cutscenes and dialogue. My recordings of all the Ziost cutscenes and dialogue adds up to ~40 minutes (and that's being generous, I was rounding up). So if that information is accurate, I would expect each chapter to at least have as much story content as Ziost. That seems pretty decent to me for a monthly release schedule.

Yeah, I think most people who don't actually record the cutscenes and dialogue don't have a clue as to how long the different areas actually are.

One our minimum of cutscenes is pretty big for an expansion.

Especially since it's 9 chapters, so that's a minimum of 9 hours of JUST cutscenes.

(not to mention that since the 1 hour thing is a minimum, it's pretty much guaranteed that it will be MORE than 9 hours in total)

Doesn't matter to me as long as I get to kill off one of those four lousy excuses for companions especially Quinn's a**. Here's hoping it's one pre-made 60 per server because I play on 3 servers at the moment.

This does not tell me if I get to stay with Theron or Lemda! Have them run around with their respectives. Will love to see more scenes with other companions, like Torian! Also, I wonder if the other companions will react or just LI ones (which might be easier on them to do).

Being female and cute probably doesn't hurt her chances when most of the cantina events are at a bar.

It's something Dulfy and Ashe have in common. :p

And yep, it's certainly a benefit to have in addition to being good at what they do.

Is this person reliable? where did she get access to BW?

Just curious

basically, she's is a very prolific bioware community famous blogger/youtuber. she's someone who does guides, playthrough vids, etc and she does them consistently for multiple bioware games. bioware notices it and for them - its basically a great way to stay in touch with their player community - by directly communicating with members of community that have proven to be a positive consistent presence in it.

I better have a chance to patch things up with my SO. It gave no indication it mattered at the time. Some characters I'd trade their "wife" out for Lana, but others I'd want to keep

^This

BW never fixed the issues of companions acting like zombies so I said **** it and played with the character that paid ATTENTION TO ME since my SO has been IGNORING ME now I'm going to get grief from it? FFS.

I demand a marriage counselor cause this **** ain't all on me. :mad:

Eeeh, not to be picky but there's a 12x XP event going on all the way up to October.

If you can't be bothered to play your character to lvl 60 in that time, maby you shouldn't be too bothered about getting a stereotyped character at insta-60?

Well, personally I'll be taking my older characters through, since I'd like to see which choices matter and how the scenes and options branch off.

Being surrounded by RAGE! makes me tired, though. If the devs can minimize this by managing player expectations appropriately -- i.e., by giving notification before certain irreversible and game-changing decisions -- it might be better all around.

No one actually gets married though. Only engaged, except the BH...

Jedi Knight/Doc & Smuggler/Corso get married aboard their ship. Marriage between Warrior/Quinn is implied in the after-romance mail you receive. There might be others but it''s been a while since I've levelled some of the different classes. I have no idea about the male counterparts as all my toons are female.

Now is a good time to level new characters, though, if you regret some of your past decisions. I'm happy I've not romanced Lana/Theron with a character in an existing relationship except my Warrior (who, quite frankly, was just a little justified in doing so imo :D).

However I do feel bad for others who romanced Lana/Theron and others indiscriminately because the companions didn't react. Or rather, I will feel bad if that somehow results in a "permanent" breakup when the game gave no warning at the time something like that might happen. I know how I'd feel if any of my really well established characters were affected by something like that.

...Being surrounded by RAGE! makes me tired, though. If the devs can minimize this by managing player expectations appropriately -- i.e., by giving notification before certain irreversible and game-changing decisions -- it might be better all around.

I've been thinking about this also - it would be great if the expansion includes something along these lines. Perhaps an option where players could "turn off" such warnings as well. I'm sure there are some who may wish to stand by their decisions and simply deal with the consequences, come what may.

I'm so thankful for this video as I have been hanging out for some new info about the expansion. I know there are some detractors but I'm still super excited. Can't wait!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.