The Operative roll!!!

TJBono

And yeah, I wasn't saying it's nigh impossible or anything, but.. c'mon. You can't compare op to a PT, like the guy I quoted, lol.

oh. sorry. the other dude brought up PTs too. :D

Edited by foxmob

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only obsessive people I see are the ones actively seeking out my posts and replying to them, or calling their friends because I put their buddies on ignore, so I can't hear their nonsense anymore, that is the only worrying thing, or the ones in your guild who actively whisper me in game trying to start an argument because they have nothing better to do with their lives. Hence the sociopath comment. And with this post, you proved my point before I even made it.

As for my obsession with your guild, sure, if people actively make threads about guilds that trash talk, or about guilds that double premade or queue sync, of course your guild comes to mind, because you guys do most of both. ;)

Oh look, another ome on ignore. :rak_03:

You're not making sense. Moreover, we never run sync que or double premade. Ofcourse, when we have 8+ people online it might happen that two 4 man groups are running and they might, eventually, end up with eachother at some point. Yet, this is not intentional.

just started leveling my scrapper (58). it seems that the dodge immunity lasts noticeably longer than the actual roll. I'm not sure if that's an animation thing or what.

also...wow. the actual dps buttons on scrapper are fewer than PTs. they merged flechette into backblast, got rid of the stealth opener (as a unique abil). there are a lot of buffs and dcds to juggle (kinda feels like a mara or sin in that regard). but I'm floored by how simple they've made this spec. do you ever use vital shot or quick shot anymore? (in roto) no sab but there's blood boiler. iunno. this feels like the 4m version of tracer spam with more buffs/dcds to monitor.

:rak_02:

I don't use vital shot rotationally. Use it situationally...for example if you want put volatile on and you want to detonate it after the person has ran away....just shoot them with vital shot.

Ops damaging abilities never really were complicated IMO....it was always more of knowing when do damage or when to kite that made it somewhat challenging.

The only obsessive people I see are the ones actively seeking out my posts and replying to them, or calling their friends because I put their buddies on ignore, so I can't hear their nonsense anymore, that is the only worrying thing, or the ones in your guild who actively whisper me in game trying to start an argument because they have nothing better to do with their lives. Hence the sociopath comment. And with this post, you proved my point before I even made it.

As for my obsession with your guild, sure, if people actively make threads about guilds that trash talk, or about guilds that double premade or queue sync, of course your guild comes to mind, because you guys do most of both. ;)

Oh look, another ome on ignore. :rak_03:

Honestly mate you must of been stunned as a child or something never seen anyone rant about a particular group of people as much as you do. Find something better to do with your time your life will be much more fulfilling then :)

Here is the issue with Bioware's inability to properly plan for the future and their lack of foresight. I am a Sorc - Madness, and it makes no sense that I use the Force and my little sprint does nothing truly good in a warzone and most 1v1 (unless specialized into but only an idiot would put a point into that useless ability, it only removes imparing affects but the run time still sucks) but a "cloaker" as all cloakers are is unabalanced. Their roll takes them further and faster. They take little to no damage and the only ways to counter that roll were nerfed ( Electorcute down to 10 meters and Whirl Wind has to be speced to be instant cast).

Let's not even mention that a melee-cloaking class can catch up so easily sure, but they nerfed our only real knock back (Overload) by making it a cone effect in front of us. So, if we're being chased and we shouldn't ever back up in combat, how are we supposed to knock back a roller who can easily catch up and we have no way to continually evade their roll? Please note, they have a 10 second cool down on their roll, we have 30 and up for Electrocute and the like. This is also on your head Sorc Rep. Not my Sorc Rep is for sure.

That makes 0 sense.

#Biowaredun****edup

Here is the issue with Bioware's inability to properly plan for the future and their lack of foresight. I am a Sorc - Madness, and it makes no sense that I use the Force and my little sprint does nothing truly good in a warzone and most 1v1 (unless specialized into but only an idiot would put a point into that useless ability, it only removes imparing affects but the run time still sucks) but a "cloaker" as all cloakers are is unabalanced. Their roll takes them further and faster. They take little to no damage and the only ways to counter that roll were nerfed ( Electorcute down to 10 meters and Whirl Wind has to be speced to be instant cast).

Let's not even mention that a melee-cloaking class can catch up so easily sure, but they nerfed our only real knock back (Overload) by making it a cone effect in front of us. So, if we're being chased and we shouldn't ever back up in combat, how are we supposed to knock back a roller who can easily catch up and we have no way to continually evade their roll? Please note, they have a 10 second cool down on their roll, we have 30 and up for Electrocute and the like. This is also on your head Sorc Rep. Not my Sorc Rep is for sure.

That makes 0 sense.

#Biowaredun****edup

BW likes to troll certain classes it seems, lets give ranged classes melee roots and 10 meter stuns, and melee classes 30 meter stuns and roots.:rak_03:

That makes 0 sense.

#Biowaredun****edup

Awww Poor madness sorc. I'm sure buffs will be coming to you soon and those horrible operatives will get nerfed. Don't worry little guy.

So what Bioware think about operative?

Ye operative nice 1 vs 1

But who really nice it is Powertech vanguard. Hope you know why?!. because if you don't know Find team 4 PT/VG Who know how to play and love his class and go wz you will see

Edited by Wheerlpool

In Huttball, once an op has got to within double roll distance of the goal line, which isn't hard as they're a stealth class, it's an almost guaranteed goal as they just basically teleport from that starting point to finish and there's effectively nothing anyone can do to stop them.

Using roll drops the ball in Huttball. Fixed for that wz at least. iWin buttons have no place in MMO PvP.

Doesn't address the other issues with it, but it'd do as a band-aid.

In Huttball, once an op has got to within double roll distance of the goal line, which isn't hard as they're a stealth class, it's an almost guaranteed goal as they just basically teleport from that starting point to finish and there's effectively nothing anyone can do to stop them.

Using roll drops the ball in Huttball. Fixed for that wz at least. iWin buttons have no place in MMO PvP.

Doesn't address the other issues with it, but it'd do as a band-aid.

Not even going to touch your suggestions there mate. Same can be said for a guardian who can first leap an enemy then leap to an ally who is well placed in quesh this is easily done. If roll is to reset ball then so is leap.

Not even going to touch your suggestions there mate. Same can be said for a guardian who can first leap an enemy then leap to an ally who is well placed in quesh this is easily done. If roll is to reset ball then so is leap.

That's fine, no leaps, no force speed, no rolls, no pulls when in possession of the ball. I'm all for it.

Edited by Vember

That's fine, no leaps, no force speed, no rolls, no pulls when in possession of the ball. I'm all for it.

There would need to be some sort of damage reduction buff then for whoever has the ball if all those things happened, otherwise certain classes would get squished very quick.

I'm guessing you play Merc or Sniper :D

Sniper can roll through the fire too, And their roll is 18 meters, even further than a single operative roll, plus if you put a utility point into it, they get a 50% speed bonus when coming out of cover when entrench is up that prevents any roots or movement impairing effects.

Edited by mmmbuddah

If he do that he play well, so it's fine. Do you think it's fine that all operative use the bug in the old huttball to go to the high to the line and have 2sec immunity to all CC and damage with an only cooldown of 10sec?That's to be place like the PT/Vanguard 45% speed even if PT/Vang can be CCed. With op/scoundrel it's roll go on line by the bug and in the second be in middle before every other. 2sec immunity is maybe the only survival so make it like the Sin/Shadow, you use teleport? ok ball in middle.

Double leap nowhere near compares to operatives bugging out and teleporting off ledges and through fire traps etc in Huttball maps.

Guardians aren't a stealth class for a start and can't set themselves up so easy for a pass and if the opposing team are stupid enough to stand near the ledge at their spawn so ball carriers to jump to them, that team deserves to lose.

Operative roll is dependent on neither opposing team idiocy or having to make it across the map unmolested (hi stealth to top ledge!) in order to score ezmode goals that are uncounterable.

If he do that he play well, so it's fine. Do you think it's fine that all operative use the bug in the old huttball to go to the high to the line and have 2sec immunity to all CC and damage with an only cooldown of 10sec?That's to be place like the PT/Vanguard 45% speed even if PT/Vang can be CCed. With op/scoundrel it's roll go on line by the bug and in the second be in middle before every other. 2sec immunity is maybe the only survival so make it like the Sin/Shadow, you use teleport? ok ball in middle.

If i am using roll off the top ledge to reach the line i am doing it in much the same way as i do on my shadow only with the shadow i hit Fspeed and leap and it gets me over the fire (usually). With roll much the same, their is a graphical bug i notice when others do it but that is for BW to fix. Can't blame the player. Look at intercede that can bug out only it hurts the guardian doing it as he usually falls down. As for the double leap no not really its not hard to hit 1 to leap then intercede to an ally lol. On my sin i have phase walk, resilience, 12 second immunity on anything during deflection and force speed all designed to hinder others from stopping me. In my opinion changing the lol resist to damage reduction would be fine. And let face it its only decent players doing this the terribad operatives usually just run around dpsing. That being said this is down to a bug as you point out. Options fix the bug.

If i am using roll off the top ledge to reach the line i am doing it in much the same way as i do on my shadow only with the shadow i hit Fspeed and leap and it gets me over the fire (usually). With roll much the same, their is a graphical bug i notice when others do it but that is for BW to fix. Can't blame the player. Look at intercede that can bug out only it hurts the guardian doing it as he usually falls down. As for the double leap no not really its not hard to hit 1 to leap then intercede to an ally lol. On my sin i have phase walk, resilience, 12 second immunity on anything during deflection and force speed all designed to hinder others from stopping me. In my opinion changing the lol resist to damage reduction would be fine. And let face it its only decent players doing this the terribad operatives usually just run around dpsing. That being said this is down to a bug as you point out. Options fix the bug.

Your shadow can be stopped by numerous means, your operative cannot. Assuming enemy players can even target you through the phasing glitches that occur in these areas when you use this ability.

I just want them to stop rolling through hazards without taking a lot of damage.

And for sorcs to have to at least use something with a longer cooldown than their speedup abilities to become immune to most/possibly all of the controlling things (getting them with knockback can be really hard at least).

And maybe leap to friend and leap to enemy should share a cooldown so you can't get 75-95% of the way there in two moves.

And for the slinger's roll to have sparkles and maybe let you move through solid objects.

But seriously it's really hard to stay on top of all the possible ways other teams can cruise right through all obstacles and past your defense in huttball. Normally I'd think that was cool but in a lot of cases it just makes for too many unstoppable teams in pugs, IMO and overly mistake intolerant scenarios that pretty much require playing the same games over and over again. I find I enjoy HB a lot more between skilled teams in lowbies/mids.

Edited by Pherdnut

I just want them to stop rolling through hazards without taking a lot of damage.

And for sorcs to have to at least use something with a longer cooldown than their speedup abilities to become immune to most/possibly all of the controlling things (getting them with knockback can be really hard at least).

And maybe leap to friend and leap to enemy should share a cooldown so you can't get 75-95% of the way there in two moves.

And for the slinger's roll to have sparkles and maybe let you move through solid objects.

But seriously it's really hard to stay on top of all the possible ways other teams can cruise right through all obstacles and past your defense in huttball. Normally I'd think that was cool but in a lot of cases it just makes for too many unstoppable teams in pugs, IMO and overly mistake intolerant scenarios that pretty much require playing the same games over and over again. I find I enjoy HB a lot more between skilled teams in lowbies/mids.

The change of lol resist to dmg reduction would solve that for sure.

That makes 0 sense.

#Biowaredun****edup

...Why the hell would you not take Emersion? That's like.. mandatory for PVP, in my opinion. Seriously, you can't complain about being rooted and controlled and stuff when there's an OBVIOUS utility choice to counter that, and you're not taking it.

Not to mention.. that you have a spammable root ability that's part of your rotation.. which will... guess what? Prevent the op from rolling!

Play an operative, wait for the acid to start, then roll into it on queshball... See what happens. http://memegenerator.net/instance2/1202125

And even the fire still hits you with 1 tick of damage.

Edited by FoE_Khorne

Play an operative, wait for the acid to start, then roll into it on queshball... See what happens. http://memegenerator.net/instance2/1202125

And even the fire still hits you with 1 tick of damage.

I have managed to roll through the fire without damage a couple times, but you have to be RIGHT on the edge as you start roll. If you aren't exactly on the edge you will take a tick. I always take damage from the acid in queshball.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.