Orbital strike.

ejbsuperbat

Orbital strike is an agent ability. In fact it is their legacy unlock but When I look at the powers I will learn in future (go to trainer and set it to 'see all' and it goes to level 56 but I see no mention of an "orbital strike" anyone care to explain?

Orbital strike is an agent ability. In fact it is their legacy unlock but When I look at the powers I will learn in future (go to trainer and set it to 'see all' and it goes to level 56 but I see no mention of an "orbital strike" anyone care to explain?

it was removed from operatives now only sniper can get it.

It sucks i know and there's a discussion about it over in the class forums.

Flyby/OS is boring when you can do this:

1st enemy: Back Blast from stealth -> dead -> tab to next target

2nd enemy: Sucker Punch -> dead -> tab to next target

3rd enemy: Sucker Punch -> dead -> tab to next target

4th enemy: Bludgeon or Tendon Blast -> Sucker Punch -> dead

If one strong and 2 weak/standard:

- kill one weak/standard with Back Blast

- tab to strong -> Blood Boiler -> Sucker Punch -> Sucker Punch

- tab to remaining weak/standard -> Bludgeon or Tendon Blast -> Sucker Punch

Edited by Halinalle

Flyby/OS is boring when you can do this:

1st enemy: Back Blast from stealth -> dead -> tab to next target

2nd enemy: Sucker Punch -> dead -> tab to next target

3rd enemy: Sucker Punch -> dead -> tab to next target

4th enemy: Bludgeon or Tendon Blast -> Sucker Punch -> dead

If one strong and 2 weak/standard:

- kill one weak/standard with Back Blast

- tab to strong -> Blood Boiler -> Sucker Punch -> Sucker Punch

- tab to remaining weak/standard -> Bludgeon or Tendon Blast -> Sucker Punch

You enjoy mashing buttons and play a DPS, good for you. As a healer, OS was a go-to DPS ability for moderately sized groups of enemies, as well as a big in-joke that was a part of my character's personality. OS is fun and spiced up the dailies grind, but not honestly that powerful an ability, so I fail to understand why it was removed. As you can probably guess from my sig, it's a little bit of a hotbutton issue for me :p

You enjoy mashing buttons and play a DPS, good for you. As a healer, OS was a go-to DPS ability for moderately sized groups of enemies, as well as a big in-joke that was a part of my character's personality. OS is fun and spiced up the dailies grind, but not honestly that powerful an ability, so I fail to understand why it was removed. As you can probably guess from my sig, it's a little bit of a hotbutton issue for me :p

If it's not that powerful a skill, it doesn't really matter if your Op does not have it, now does it?

Speaking of Orbital Wet Noodle, it would be nice if they gave the ability to snipers around lv 16-20 (when you get your ship) Since it doesn't really do that much damage at higher levels. I mean bounty hunters get Death from Above that does more damage, at a really early level.

If it's not that powerful a skill, it doesn't really matter if your Op does not have it, now does it?

Yes, it may amaze you, but things besides just raw numbers DO matter. If I wanted to crunch numbers from the start of combat to the end of combat, I would be playing D&D. When I'm doing doofing around doing dailies with my buds, I want to be able to make shiny lights and joke about each other's crappy aim/timing, and yes, stand 25 meters away doing /dance emotes while a buncha weak enemies bounce in my OS. I'm sorry if I don't take my day-to-day gaming seriously enough for you, but I was under the impression I was playing a game :p

Speaking of Orbital Wet Noodle, it would be nice if they gave the ability to snipers around lv 16-20 (when you get your ship) Since it doesn't really do that much damage at higher levels. I mean bounty hunters get Death from Above that does more damage, at a really early level.

And frankly, if you compare time-to-cast, energy expenditure, and total damage, you're usually better off using your regular spray-and-pray AOE on a sniper. (Sorry, I completely forget what it's called and I'm walking out the door at any moment to head downtown, so I'm not gonna go check.)

Edited by CaliOrion

Yes, it may amaze you, but things besides just raw numbers DO matter. If I wanted to crunch numbers from the start of combat to the end of combat, I would be playing D&D. When I'm doing doofing around doing dailies with my buds, I want to be able to make shiny lights

3 words: Galactic Party Bomb. Or 3 other words: roll a Sniper.

and joke about each other's crappy aim/timing, and yes, stand 25 meters away doing /dance emotes while a buncha weak enemies bounce in my OS. I'm sorry if I don't take my day-to-day gaming seriously enough for you, but I was under the impression I was playing a game :p

We are playing a game. And they took one of your toys away from you. Are you like that guy who supposedly quit over the Tracer Missile animation change? Time to move on (or keep the bitterness, whatever works for you).

We are playing a game. And they took one of your toys away from you. Are you like that guy who supposedly quit over the Tracer Missile animation change?

Yes, obviously, because I gave some feedback and pointed out that OS was a thing I liked and gave reasons why I felt it should have been left in game, I am obviously a crazy ragequitting nutjob. Troll someone else, son.

Yes, obviously, because I gave some feedback and pointed out that OS was a thing I liked and gave reasons why I felt it should have been left in game, I am obviously a crazy ragequitting nutjob. Troll someone else, son.

"I like the shiny lights and boomy sounds it made" are probably not reasons enough to once again make it an Agent skill.

Move on or roll a Sniper. Son.

"I like the shiny lights and boomy sounds it made" are probably not reasons enough to once again make it an Agent skill.

Move on or roll a Sniper. Son.

You're in here continuing to argue, yet telling me to move on? Your troll game is weak and obvious. But don't worry little guy: one day, I'm sure you'll grow up to be a big strong troll! Fed by all those people who aren't, y'know, ignoring you now. :rolleyes: Toodles from Comic-con!

It has nothing to do with usefulness. The Scoundrel not having XS Freighter Flyby is really lame thematically, and this is the mirror version of that. :/

Exactly. The idea of the stealthy infiltrator who isn't a combat beast sneaking in to laze a target for a precision strike from above is FUN. The idea of the smuggler getting backed up in a tight spot by his ragtag crew flying his ship with a whole lot of *ahem* 'character' is FUN. Mechanically, I couldn't care less about OS (and I don't think anyone does.) Thematically, though, I always saw it as very much a class-defining skill. Imagine what the players would do if you removed force-choke from either branch of SW, even if you replaced it with something mechanically identical.

OS/Flyby very much helped to frame their classes as "these poor normies trying to survive in a world full of force-users... but at least someone's got their back," which was, frankly, a really clever way to promote class balance while still giving an overall illusion that the actual individuals had different power levels. Jedi and Sith were bad donkeys; the rest of us had to rely on high tech and good luck.

Edited by CaliOrion

Orbital Strike is one of the Heroic Moment abilities everyone can get by raising the right companions to 10,000. Used in combination with the lightning storm at the same time. (Invoke orbital strike and put lightning right on top of it) and pretty much any boss is toast. If not, just throw some dirt on him immediately afterward and then force choke him to death.

Orbital Strike is one of the Heroic Moment abilities everyone can get by raising the right companions to 10,000. Used in combination with the lightning storm at the same time. (Invoke orbital strike and put lightning right on top of it) and pretty much any boss is toast. If not, just throw some dirt on him immediately afterward and then force choke him to death.

I am well aware of how heroic moments work. (Hint: It has nothing whatsoever to do with companion affection.) I have had the OS heroic moment for ages. It is NOT a replacement for a normal class skill, but thanks.

That is incorrect regarding the acquiring of it. Completing Chapter 3 of a Class Questline Unlocks a Heroic Ability in this case Imperial Agent.

To the guys who don't want OS for operatives: If you don't like it, don't use it. Let the people have what they like. Despise the fact that it hits like wet noodles, it's the Agent's signature move.

Not any more. Deal with it or roll a Sniper.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.