Mistake number 3

SebastiaanZ

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no way to satisfy everyone. Best you can do is to try and satisfy mostly everyone.

Not about satisfying. People who can clear (like me) will be bored in a week. Others who are story mode heroes will struggle with anything less than faceroll. Then the QQ happens.

All it means is time to farm mounts to my Alts I hardly play before Expac hits.

We are getting content, not that you'll see it since you're "leaving".

You know what I have had it with the insults aimed at me when I have been speaking the truth about how badly bioware has been doing with this game. Why don't you wake up and finally look at what's happening?

Players are leaving, the game isn't being fixed, it takes Bioware forever to even update the cartel market.

Oh and after today everything is looking just peachy for TOR with no new ops or fps.

Wow just wow.

The guy pours his heart about about this game and you turn it around and insult him. NEWSFLASH no one is happy about this, there was no end game content when this game launched and now they are just bumping up things to max level? That's not new content.

BioWare should know at this point raiders and pvpers make or break the game. And so far all BioWare wants to do is a single player game in an MMO. And ignore the people who od care about the game. Like the op said, fix the slot machine, fix whats wrong with shadows of revan, put in more ops and more fp's, end this 'story' thing and give us CONTENT!

What do you care you already "claim" that you're leaving for what the 100th time now?

I'm sick of people whining because they ain't getting any new ops. NEWSFLASH there is more to this game then running *********** Operations ad nauseam ad infinitum ad mortem.

Edited by Anaesha

Not about satisfying. People who can clear (like me) will be bored in a week. Others who are story mode heroes will struggle with anything less than faceroll. Then the QQ happens.

All it means is time to farm mounts to my Alts I hardly play before Expac hits.

Everyone is entitled to carve out their own enjoyment from the game. If people like SM ops so they can meet new people or take some newbies through their first op while seeing the story content, then they should be able to. I understand that people who have this stuff on farm mode will get bored, but let's face it...they were going to burn through new ops and get bored at some point too. The farm mode heroes will have that chance, but we're getting story content and new reasons to play the backlog of older ops first.

The first one was the ridiculous buggy content at the start of SoR. And you do not even acknowledge it. Oh wait, you do, you promise fixes, "fixes" come, but they don't fix it.

The second one was the ridiculous, and I am still mad about it, slot machine nerf to the ground. Seriously Bioware, why are you still ignoring a thread that has continued for over a 100 pages? Fix the damn thing! The whiners had their fun, but the majority that were happy with it are completely ignored which is UNFAIR!

And mistake number 3 was this idiotic FP and Ops change. People DON'T want rescaled content, because we have done them to boredom! We want new stuff. And I want to be able to solo HM 50 and HM 55 FPs! I absolutely request you give us the option of playing the HM 50 and 55 and 60 FPs on their original levels!

Same goes with ops. I have no intention of running EV, KP and EC again! Yes I'll run them, but I ran them because I could faceroll them, and that is what I LIKED about it. And I am pretty sure I am not the only one.

Bioware, do you want us to unsub?

I only experienced 1 bug in SOR expansion, except the first days, it was unplayable.

I agree with the slot machine, but I punished them! I quitted in January because of the expansion bugs, training fees, slot machine nerf... I resubbed 1 month ago lol

The answer to your question is sandbox ideas, they have to give us sandbox content, not just like theme park. Theme park content always stops been interesting after a month or 2....

an example of a sandbox idea... they gave us guildships, but what if guildships could turn into fps or tacticals, guilds vs guilds, treasure hunting and finding rare monsters to place them inside in hooks and act like bosses, hire army for mobs and transform ur guild ship into an fp, dress with rare gear the hirelings, etc. :) or WZ. Thats a sandbox idea... Its like we create our own fps and wzns and we invade.

Another sandbox idea is a conquest planet, every guild will get a fortress/base with already zones under their control. We do the same thing, place armies (via hooks) and bosses and with the guild support we invade other territories, the guild with the most conquer, wins...lol Or the same thing in solo mode with our companions, against others. Sandbox is actually a way to make the player the creator...and its always different from the prev time experience.

In order to make things like that happen, lets start from the basics. Bioware needs better servers, SOR expansion proves that...50-60 people per faction and per instanse. We need at least 300/300 or up to 500/500 per instanse.

Edited by Oyranos

You know what I have had it with the insults aimed at me when I have been speaking the truth about how badly bioware has been doing with this game. Why don't you wake up and finally look at what's happening?

Players are leaving, the game isn't being fixed, it takes Bioware forever to even update the cartel market.

Oh and after today everything is looking just peachy for TOR with no new ops or fps.

Who said people are leaving?

In fact a lot of people are coming back because of this expansion

Sure a lot of people always think about leaving, it's what people do

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=822589

Edited by typenine

And mistake number 3 was this idiotic FP and Ops change. People DON'T want rescaled content, because we have done them to boredom! We want new stuff. And I want to be able to solo HM 50 and HM 55 FPs! I absolutely request you give us the option of playing the HM 50 and 55 and 60 FPs on their original levels!

I do.

I haven't.

I don't.

The first one was the ridiculous buggy content at the start of SoR. And you do not even acknowledge it. Oh wait, you do, you promise fixes, "fixes" come, but they don't fix it.

The second one was the ridiculous, and I am still mad about it, slot machine nerf to the ground. Seriously Bioware, why are you still ignoring a thread that has continued for over a 100 pages? Fix the damn thing! The whiners had their fun, but the majority that were happy with it are completely ignored which is UNFAIR!

Same goes with ops. I have no intention of running EV, KP and EC again! Yes I'll run them, but I ran them because I could faceroll them, and that is what I LIKED about it. And I am pretty sure I am not the only one.

I agree with you on mistake 1 and 2. And in fact I dropped the game almost six months ago because of it. I have just returned, largely on the strength of what they are showing us about the coming expac. In fact, it was the blog post about the updates to FPs and OPs that encouraged me to resub more then any thing else. Why? Because after the debacle late last year with SoR and several other major fumbles in the weeks afterwards, I had lost confidence that they still had a recipe for moving this three year old game forward. Making old FPs (particularly the lower level ones) relevant again, scalable, and with bolsters where appropriate, they have reintroduced FPs into normal game play choices for both veterans and newer players.

So, I disagree with you about your alleged mistake number 3. It is pretty clear that this next expac represents a major shift in their approach to content updates for the game. Story was the defining aspect of this MMO that set it apart from other MMOs. IMO, it's good to see them adjusting the game and putting more emphasis on what is arguably the most compelling part of the game play (story). NO, not class story.... but story as a whole.

While they have gone on record as providing no "new" OPs in the coming expac, it does not mean no new OPs ever. It actually good that they are refreshing the existing OPs to keep them actually relevant for end game. Why? Because adding/adjusting content in an MMO IS-NOT all about the veteran players. It addresses the needs of all players of all game play durations (both old and new). That shows deliberate intent to keep the game relevant and move it forward. And for that show of effort by BW, I can overlook the causes that drove me to unsub early in 2015.

As for the emotional meltdowns by some over "no new OPs"...... really?? If all you do is raid.. this game was probably never the right MMO for you anyway. Personally, as a old school MMO player... I largely gave up OPs/Raids years ago because they are tedious time sinks that create as much player angst at they create interest. Raids are a minority component to MMO play in modern MMOs. There is only one reason to do a Raid (OP).... to gear up and prepare for the next raid they release and perhaps flex one's epeen and brag about progression. Really, It is the mother of all hamster wheels in MMOs. Perhaps, rather then quit over it... wait and see.. do other things in game.. new OPs will come down the road I am sure.. just not with the release of this expac. Or, quit and come back later, when they do actually release new OPs.

Edited by Andryah

I agree with you on mistake 1 and 2. And in fact I dropped the game almost six months ago because of it. I have just returned, largely on the strength of what they are showing us about the coming expac. In fact, it was the blog post about the updates to FPs and OPs that encouraged me to resub more then any thing else. Why? Because after the debacle late last year with SoR and several other major fumbles in the weeks afterwards, I had lost confidence that they still had a recipe for moving this three year old game forward. Making old FPs (particularly the lower level ones) relevant again, scalable, and with bolsters where appropriate, they have reintroduced FPs into normal game play choices for both veterans and newer players.

So, I disagree with you about your alleged mistake number 3. It is pretty clear that this next expac represents a major shift in their approach to content updates for the game. Story was the defining aspect of this MMO that set it apart from other MMOs. IMO, it's good to see them adjusting the game and putting more emphasis on what is arguably the most compelling part of the game play (story). NO, not class story.... but story as a whole.

While they have gone on record as providing no "new" OPs in the coming expac, it does not mean no new OPs ever. It actually good that they are refreshing the existing OPs to keep them actually relevant for end game. Why? Because adding/adjusting content in an MMO IS-NOT all about the veteran players. It addresses the needs of all players of all game play durations (both old and new). That shows deliberate intent to keep the game relevant and move it forward. And for that show of effort by BW, I can overlook the causes that drove me to unsub early in 2015.

As for the emotional meltdowns by some over "no new OPs"...... really?? If all you do is raid.. this game was probably never the right MMO for you anyway. Personally, as a old school MMO player... I largely gave up OPs/Raids years ago because they are tedious time sinks that create as much player angst at they create interest. Raids are a minority component to MMO play in modern MMOs. There is only one reason to do a Raid (OP).... to gear up and prepare for the next raid they release and perhaps flex one's epeen and brag about progression. Really, It is the mother of all hamster wheels in MMOs. Perhaps, rather then quit over it... wait and see.. do other things in game.. new OPs will come down the road I am sure.. just not with the release of this expac. Or, quit and come back later, when they do actually release new OPs.

Good to have you back. lol! So... no need to give you a run down. I'm pretty sure you know what has been going on here, or you can guess.

Why is everyone so upset? I mean. who cares?

We will get new ops soon in the future im guessing. And we get 16 CHAPTERS of content, that's hours and hours of story to enjoy. Look on the bright side people. Honestly, its just operations.

Edited by NoahRedden

And yes I do think my sub is valuable enough to complain. I have every right to complain. Since I am not getting what I deserve to get.

What you deserve to get lol entitled much, check the terms and conditions that you agreed to on what you "deserve' to get. I'm sure Bioware & EA can survive without your 50 cents per day......

Edited by aaronbeale
added to post

Actually, plenty of people have been making the suggestion for a very very long time to make old ops, fp's and previous content to be relevant again. Why make 3 years of content if it's only going to be run once and done. Rescaling is a perfect solution. Actually, i'd bet a ton of people would like to run the old content again, but nobody does, because it doesn't provide anything for current max level characters. That's exactly what GW2 does. ALL their content stays relevent as it's all scalable. So does STO, LOTRO. This should have happened awhile ago.

^ THIS. I love the old OPs and FP's, and I have been running them a lot lately...and the fact that they'll be re-scaled, have new loot, and be playable again on a larger scale is actually pretty ******.

I won't lie, I *was* disappointed they said "no new OPs yet" with the upcoming expansion...but I also kind of expected it too. I'm guessing they'll want to smooth out all of the new features before pouring resources into an OP, and I am actually ok with that...it'll save us from having another Ravagers situation.

As per the slot machine....give up the ghost. I agree they nerfed it way too hard, but at this point...it's not a game changer or deal breaker. It was just handled poorly...so I moved on. Sounds like the OP needs to as well.

Also, if the OP is on Harbinger...feel free to send me your stuff.

They've basically told us they're making content relevant again not so much for existing players as for the expected influx of new one and those that weren't here 10 levels ago when EV, KP & EC etc. were relevant and people actually ran them.

Sorry I can't say this is a mistake. Just the opposite, I think it is a good idea that more MMOs should embrace. Honestly I wish they would take it one step further and do what STO (and I think a couple others) does and scale the class story quests as well.

It's one of the things I like about STO. I can log in, and I don't out level quests. The gear awarded scales to my level when I do the quest. Plus I get to do all the old group content at level cap. It gives a large variety and feeling to the end game.

Can it get boring after a while, sure. But at least now I don't have to do the same damn FPs every day and the 2 same OPs every week. A lot of the complaints as group and raid players is that what is the point of logging in more then 1 or 2 times a week to do the same OP I did last week to progress. Now we'll have enough that we could do a different raid everyday and still have 3 left over. And now we will have 24 different HM FPs to do. We could do almost 3 different ones every day, instead of the same ones all day every day. Added to that the solo stuff that people can do when no one else is hanging around (hey sometimes I log in a 2am and no one is in game).

And yes I do think my sub is valuable enough to complain. I have every right to complain. Since I am not getting what I deserve to get.

Deserve? :rolleyes:

Nobody forces you to pay, you do that to enjoy a full game that took years of continued development. You don't get to decide where it's heading only if it's worth your money.

BIOWARE, please, when are you going to wake up and realize you only made mistakes in 2015?

I mean Ziost, for another thing was a HUGE letdown. Have us wait a week for a less then 5 minute cutscene and then a daily area.

And I am not gonna repeat the damned slot machine thing again.

They had us wait so people wouldn't have to rush through Ziost and spacebar the whole story just to get to the daily area and two bosses.

Also you use the words people, us, and we a lot when you are only referring to yourself. Those words don't mean what you think they do.

Essentially there are these groups of players:

1. People who play for story

2. People who play for PVP

3. People who play for FPs / Ops

4. People who play the extras like RP, Strongholds, etc.

The issue is that BW is not adding all 3 options at the same time, they seem like they are now only focusing one at a time. The story has been lacked for a long time, a lot of people want story, but also a lot of people want more PVP maps in both regular and GSF pvp, and then there are people who want new / different FPs / OpS.

BW is obviously not able to generate all 4 at the same time. So what it looks like to me is adding each one at a time. Right now their focus is on story, but then after that or enough of it is ready that they can catch a break on that, they may add 1 or more PVP maps, then after that FPs / Ops, then extras for RPers or those that want mini-games or such.

I don't think BW will NEVER add more PVP maps or FPs / Ops ever again, just that they are not adding it when people want it to be added.

I know there is this whole thing about how fast people consume content. This is true for any MMO. No matter how fast they put out new story, PVP, FPs / Ops, extras or whatever, it will never be fast enough.

Look at wow, people beat raids there left and right within a week in some cases. No MMO will ever be able to keep up with the amount of content people want and when they want it.

BW I'm sure is trying their best but essentially you have all these different groups pulling them apart in different directions.

For me, as long they keep adding content in any form is a good thing. Call it what you will but adding story, PVP, FPs / OPS or extra stuff is still content.

It may not be the content that you want, but guess what, you dont' speak for everyone. Everyone wants something different, all the reason what makes an MMO unique.

Do you have a right to be upset, of course, but raging, ranting and going on and on about not getting what you want or what a group of people want is not going to force or make BW push out content faster.

Personally if things are dumped out left and right just to appease a group, then your just asking for trouble that way. I'd rather they focus on making it great when it is released, having a good amount of time to work it in and be a great experience versus just dumped to appease people and have bugs.

Sounds to me, the direction they are going in is a good thing, but rather then freak out because one thing or another is not included, its best to just go for the ride and see what they are able to do.

If you cannot do that because of past history or whatever the reason, that's on you and your choice, but note that not everyone feels the same. I like story more with a bit of PVP / Ops on the side, but again I won't speak for everyone nor will I try.

Anyway, just my food for thought.

Pretty sure people have been wanting more story content over more raids and ops, saw a poll awhile back where the story option was blowing everything else out.

It's no surprise as no other MMO comes close to the story telling of SWToR, that and the VAing is great.

I think that BioWare do recognise that since the release of shadow of Revan, that things haven't gone so smoothly, both in terms of the game, as well as the community. The simple point being is that they are not charging subscribers for the KoTFE expansion and subsequent story updates (aside from the subscription cost itself).

This should speak volumes to you, and not in a negative way.

Slot machine - whine

I want more free stuff - whine

The slot machine was released in a state that meant it was giving away far too many rewards. Anyone could see that, yet for some reason there were a vocal minority of people who didn't. Who saw the great give-away and assumed everything was working as intended.

Your "100 page thread ignored" - take a look at that thread and see just how many people are whining and want it fixed, it really isn't that many, just the same people over and over again.

The slot machine HAS been fixed. It is now in its correct state. The mistake was releasing it in its original state.

Before you go on, I got a slot machine from the day it was released and it was pretty obvious that it wasn't as intended. When you added up the purple materials, certificates and other winnable items you could see it was impossible to lose on it, of course it was a mistake in that form.

Let it go. The slot machine is fixed. Move on - by the looks of it, to another game.

Slot machine - whine

I want more free stuff - whine

The slot machine was released in a state that meant it was giving away far too many rewards. Anyone could see that, yet for some reason there were a vocal minority of people who didn't. Who saw the great give-away and assumed everything was working as intended.

Your "100 page thread ignored" - take a look at that thread and see just how many people are whining and want it fixed, it really isn't that many, just the same people over and over again.

The slot machine HAS been fixed. It is now in its correct state. The mistake was releasing it in its original state.

Before you go on, I got a slot machine from the day it was released and it was pretty obvious that it wasn't as intended. When you added up the purple materials, certificates and other winnable items you could see it was impossible to lose on it, of course it was a mistake in that form.

Let it go. The slot machine is fixed. Move on - by the looks of it, to another game.

No the slot machine is not fixed ... it is fixed when the drop rates return to a somewhat normal level and not ridiculously low. But thats not the point of this topic, its about my annoyance of BW's three HUGE mistakes this year.

And dude, Eric confirmed it was working as intended, so don't lie saying it was released not working as intended.

Edited by SebastiaanZ