New interview makes me think we're not getting old companions back...

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. I thought for sure the LIs would be back, not it seems maybe they're picking which one returns. :/ Or maybe they recast the voices?

As mentioned earlier, that was the case already with SoR, seeing the likes of Jaesa Willsaam, Raina Temple and Akaavi Spar, were silent throughout its duration.

One should expect the ones from SoR to make a return here and there but aside from that, no guarantees. Kaliyo Djannis at least is a given.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Well, you can almost surely forget Raina Temple.

I contacted the voice actress who did her lines, and apparently Bioware hasn't called her yet it seems, and if they haven't, they won't now I guess, so one with probably already confirmed not to return, I wonder how many others...

Source:

http://s18.postimg.org/5o8p9hw9l/image.png

Male Agents have been screwed in companion romances despite the great story they have, at least LS, Empire loyal Agents, I hate Kaliyo because she's the total opposite of that...

That is disappointing. "We're focusing on companions this x-pac. Oh, btw, 2/3rds of the current companions are gone for good!" reminds me of "Enjoy your new ranked pvp content! Oh, btw, ranked 8s are over." and "New space content is here! Oh, it's pvp only. And forget those ships we gave you before..." They can't give us something without ignoring everyone else and pissing off the ones they are targetting.

That is disappointing. "We're focusing on companions this x-pac. Oh, btw, 2/3rds of the current companions are gone for good!" reminds me of "Enjoy your new ranked pvp content! Oh, btw, ranked 8s are over." and "New space content is here! Oh, it's pvp only. And forget those ships we gave you before..." They can't give us something without ignoring everyone else and pissing off the ones they are targetting.

They'll be doing the same thing they did earlier, namely focus on the most POPULAR companions or at the very least, the ones who are romanced the most.

You talkin to ME?!

Which reminds me I saw someone on Dromund Kaas running around name Travis Bickle, was pretty funny. Probably not many people got the reference.

Obscure as always lol...but clever! Was he driving one of these?

As mentioned earlier, that was the case already with SoR, seeing the likes of Jaesa Willsaam, Raina Temple and Akaavi Spar, were silent throughout its duration.

One should expect the ones from SoR to make a return here and there but aside from that, no guarantees. Kaliyo Djannis at least is a given.

KotFE seems to be a bit different than SoR was though, so was hoping for more.

I get why they're doing it though, moving it to a few all encompassing companions to make it easier on them, going the one story route like all MMOs.

So it's back to being a guessing game. I wouldn't be surprised by Raina and Akaavi being absent, they didn't seem that connected to their classes, but Jaesa would surprise me.

Well, you can almost surely forget Raina Temple.

I contacted the voice actress who did her lines, and apparently Bioware hasn't called her yet it seems, and if they haven't, they won't now I guess, so one with probably already confirmed not to return, I wonder how many others...

Source:

http://s18.postimg.org/5o8p9hw9l/image.png

Male Agents have been screwed in companion romances despite the great story they have, at least LS, Empire loyal Agents, I hate Kaliyo because she's the total opposite of that...

If this is true then I might as well brace myself for an incoming soap opera style ending for my agent's LI.

*Agent gets thawed* "Thanks! Where's my girl?"

Person who thaws my agent - "Oh her, well... um, she didn't survive the invasion. In fact, a ship crashed on top of her. Imagine those odds."

Agent - "That sucks, but hey, we really weren't speaking to each other ever since we left Corellia. Meanwhile, the annoying Rattataki who I can't avoid never seems to shut up."

Edited by CaptMurphy

If this is true then I might as well brace myself for an incoming soap opera style ending for my agent's LI.

Person who thaws my agent - "Oh her, well... um, she didn't survive the invasion. In fact, a ship crashed on top of her. Imagine those odds."

Agent - "That sucks, but hey, we really weren't speaking to each other ever since we left Corellia. Meanwhile, the annoying Rattataki who I can't seem to avoid never seems to shut up."

You know what they say; Once you go Ratataki, they never stop the yaki.

KotFE seems to be a bit different than SoR was though, so was hoping for more.

I get why they're doing it though, moving it to a few all encompassing companions to make it easier on them, going the one story route like all MMOs.

So it's back to being a guessing game. I wouldn't be surprised by Raina and Akaavi being absent, they didn't seem that connected to their classes, but Jaesa would surprise me.

The only difference is that, by featuring a new ensemble cast as far as companions are concerned, they will NEVER do the same thing they did with the Vanilla experience and RotHC.

That's all.

Agent - "That sucks, but hey, we really weren't speaking to each other ever since we left Corellia. Meanwhile, the annoying Rattataki who I can't avoid never seems to shut up."

You didn't notice your "girl" was silent throughout SoR?

Nop. She has plenty of lines for RotHC, on Makeb, which is chapter four. You only need NOT to use a vehicle.

I'll take your word for it then. No point in subjecting myself to that planet again on a character who seems to have gotten the ax, let alone sans a vehicle.

I did a lot of soul searching when it came to what companions I'd like to see in KotFE and it all came down to this: I really only liked Vector. Quinn was a very distant second best.

Thankfully, if we're going by "who had lines on Makeb and SoR" I know Vector is safe seeing as he did mumble some ambient stuff :D

Not only a big FU as far as money spent on giving companions gifts and gearing them up and buying one use armor dye for them, but more specifically the crafting. I at a time completely redid all of my classes and what crafting they do depending on what crafting bonuses each companion gives. If they get rid of all of the companions and rework the crafting system it undoes all of the time and effort put into that as well.

Not only a big FU as far as money spent on giving companions gifts and gearing them up and buying one use armor dye for them, but more specifically the crafting. I at a time completely redid all of my classes and what crafting they do depending on what crafting bonuses each companion gives. If they get rid of all of the companions and rework the crafting system it undoes all of the time and effort put into that as well.

If you maxed out their affection and got the Presence bonus (and titles if you got 10K with all companions) I doubt those are going to go away. For the crafting, they're doing a revamp and they might, possibly, make those bonuses certain companions had a bit more generic (Like HK and Treek had). The only thing I would personally be worried about is their gear. But I would imagine that it would be similar to

if you had Alistair executed in DA:O (I never did, so I just read this somewhere): When he died, the gear he had equipped was in a trunk and you could retrieve it and go about your merry way.

Buuuuuut, from what I also read, in regards to Solas in DA:I:

He left and took any gear you had equipped on him with. I don't know personally as I never used Solas.

So I would hope they would go the DA:O route, and it would make sense seeing as people did spend Coms and CC on outfits.

Fortunately, Gamescon is next week and they said they would talk more about Companions and crafting there.

Edited by AngFour

I don't care for most of my companions except the ones I use every day. I would be perfectly fine having only Mako and Kira as my sole companions. Mako as my healer and Kira as my dps companion, but I would appreciate it if elara and Nadia stayed in game too. Edited by Knockerz

The only thing I would personally be worried about is their gear. :

Like you said, different games solved it (or didn't actually) differently. Since this is MMO with lots of people complaining, I'm rather positive they will just mail us back companion posessions after we lose them. But to be on the safe side I will of course strip my comps naked before starting the expansion story.

Edited by Pietrastor

Why is gear a factor, though? Pretty much everything will be obsolete in KotFE and any cosmetic stuff would likely be unlocked in your collection....though I guess you could lose dyed stuff, which can be a big deal.

Because you could sell it.