The Story Panel at SDCC

EricMusco

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few from me:

Will there be new romance options or can we continue ones we started?

Can we end <lvl 50 romances correctly? Aka they moved on, we choose they move on. I loved kissing Lana in front of Nadia, but hated there was not consequence for it.

The biggest question from me:

Will the galaxy reflect a beaten galaxy? I want to see destruction and anarchy :rak_03:

Your definition is not authoritative.

No, it pretty much is. A massively multiplayer online game that doesn't require massively multiplayer for some of its content... really only is a single-player RPG where some NPC's happen to also be PC's.

No, it pretty much is. A massively multiplayer online game that doesn't require massively multiplayer for some of its content... really only is a single-player RPG where some NPC's happen to also be PC's.

Massive -- giant game setting

Multiplayer -- more than one player in a "shared game space"

Online -- has to connect to a server somewhere else to play

The french community is still loyal to SWTOR, and even if this new extension divide, we have a lot of questions to ask about this story.

We have taken all the questions that french community have asked on our forum on Game-Guide.fr to translate it and bring it to you. So here we go !

• How do you planned the transition between Ziost and KotFE ? Can we hope for a content before the new extension to guide us to this new story ?

• Will it be new discussion with our companions ?

• Will our "Outlander" be "cut off" in the world we know actually ? 5 years, no more Republic or Empire. All of our characters will be automatically the "Outlander", or could we choose who is it and who is not ?

• Will Theron Shan be in this extension ? With new companions, how many will it be possible to have at the max ?

• How can an Empire, which we have never heard of, annihilate Empire and Republic, both overpowerful ?

• Will the story have variations, according to our class ? Our past will be forgotten or do they have an impact on this new story ?

• We know that we will be able to come back to old planet. Do this story have an impact on them ? What about the success, will we be able to still do them ?

• It seems Valkorion has an eye change on the video. Can we suppose Vitiate is behind all that ? And if not, what about Vitiate ? Have some news about him, we are a little worry !

• What's the story of this new Empire ? Where he come from, why we have never heard of it ?

• Is there a resistance movement ?

• What are the reasons for our character's sleeping for 5 years ? And what have done our partners during this time ?

• What happens to Jedi and Sith ? Are they still there ?

• We've seen in the name of some files "Bothawui". Is it a clue for a potential new planet ? And will it be other planets, other than Zakel, we could explore ?

• Will it be operations and Flashpoints related to the story at the release ?

• Wherecome from HK-55 droids ?

• Partners could be leave the group. But could we reject/kill a partner we don't want anymore ?

• And what about Treek and HK-51 ? Are they still there ?

It's all for now, thank you :)

The french community is still loyal to SWTOR, and even if this new extension divide, we have a lot of questions to ask about this story.

We have taken all the questions that french community have asked on our forum on Game-Guide.fr to translate it and bring it to you. So here we go !

[snip]

This post makes me so happy. I hope all of your questions get answered! Que la force soit avec toi :jawa_biggrin:

No it isn't Raids are just one way to engage 8 to 16 ppl on the same task, which honestly isn't massive. :)

True, Okarr seemed middle-aged back when Satele was young. I wonder has Nico been stuck in carbonite all this time? (It might explain we haven't seen him during SWTOR so far)

Maybe Satele is sending him that youth elixir she's drinking. Girl's in her 50s...

Will there be NEW Operations?

Can we expect more than one Operations tier per year in the future?

Are we still going to be hanging out on the Fleets, DK, and Coruscant? How will this make sense in the story if the Republic and Empire are defeated?

Old companions and their gear, how is this going to work? Will we just lose them/it?

Don't care what the new story is or going to be about, I'll experience that if and when I choose to subscribe and play through it. What I, and many others want to know is:

1) Where are the new Operations, how many and when can we expect them? (Old content scaled up does not count)

2) Where are the new PVP Warzones, how many and when can we expect them?

3) Please solve the companion debate as to how exactly they are going to be handled. You don't need to include spoilers like "Companion A is hiding around a corner and will do X, Y, and Z." Just how they are going to be handled mechanically in the game.

Thanks

I will go a little different than most of the questions posed in the replies on this thread. I have only 2 main ones. Hope you can touch on at least one of them:

1) Would BW consider splitting up the Quest Log into multiple queues? (1 for Story/Mission Quests, 1 for Dailies, 1 for PvP, & maybe 1 for Ops) It seems that a max of 25 is an issue for a Quest Log, but not the # of logs being tracked. This might be a reasonable fix for those that prefer not to delete quests, but to finish them as intended instead.

2) With the advent of KOTFE, how do the former story lines and the pertinent story line Operations fit into the New Story arc? It would appear that the current Republic and Empire are destroyed. It makes Operations extending that story rather moot.

1. You seem to hint with new expansion that new loot will be tailored to each class. Are you planning an overhaul to the loot system to ensure that I get my loot and some dweeb doesn't ninja loot my loot?

1. You seem to hint with new expansion that new loot will be tailored to each class. Are you planning an overhaul to the loot system to ensure that I get my loot and some dweeb doesn't ninja loot my loot?

Maybe they'll overhaul it so that I'll win a roll once in a while...

I do like personal loot systems. I know die hard raiders aren't into them because their is less control on gearing the raid as a whole for progression reasons. Personal with pugs tho....Drama mitigator...love it.

Something in the Shan blood. Revan is three hundred and something, after all.

Star Wars Episode 6:

Yoda was about 900years old, and said. i'm strong through the force.

So i guess all forceusers, that not die in a battle or so on are able to live very long

Just wanted to point out that Revan's lack of aging was due to him being held prisoner by the Emperor. He had him in some kind of stasis. Satele's graceful aging is just good genes, I guess. That and clean Jedi living. :D

Anyways, looking forward to hearing news from this panel. Speaking of which, why isn't a livestream-only membership for SDCC a thing yet? It's not like the venue can even hold everyone who wants to go.

Since when are 16 people 'massively multiplayer'?

I believe you are severely misunderstanding what the concept means.

Edited by Karkais