Can we get more Bays for our Cargo Hold?

Sorwen

or maby make a tab for all resources like Gw1/Gw2 and the other 5 tabs just for items themselves maby, and let the resources stack to 999k just in the resource tab. Edited by Theeko

Question:

How many characters do you have and if so what are you storing that causes you needing more bays? I own 21 characters and only my marauder has second bay tab and I still have plenty of room between bays and legacy storage.

Packrats need alot of room, I have all 21 toons too and unlocked all legacy cargos / inventories and still get full sometimes

Question:

How many characters do you have and if so what are you storing that causes you needing more bays? I own 21 characters and only my marauder has second bay tab and I still have plenty of room between bays and legacy storage.

I have 20 characters, and 6 dedicated crafters, one of each type, there is a crapton of different mats....

Then there are CM sets, i gather the parts, but dont use them until i actually want them on a specific char/companion.

Im cheap, im not going to just equip them all on a char to unlock willy nilly later, i only unlock when im going to use :D

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Packrats need alot of room, I have all 21 toons too and unlocked all legacy cargos / inventories and still get full sometimes

I'm a big pack rat as they come, but I still have plenty of room.

I have 20 characters, and 6 dedicated crafters, one of each type, there is a crapton of different mats....

Then there are CM sets, i gather the parts, but dont use them until i actually want them on a specific char/companion.

Im cheap, im not going to just equip them all on a char to unlock willy nilly later, i only unlock when im going to use :D

You could prolly consolidate your crafting mats better and get rid of ones you don't really need or use that often that are easily farmed.

As for the CM stuff, that's on you cause once I get a set that's not going to be used I add it to my collections first and then unlock it later if need be.

Why cargo hold? I hardly ever use that (besides for storing characterbound equipment and stims/meds).

Its legacystorage thats needed. 3 legacytabs are full with crafting-materials alone, and one with stronghold/conquestmats and legacybound commendations.

Iwould pay a lot of cartelpoints for 3 more tabs in the legacy-storage.

I understand they probably lack the resources to give us 10 cargo bays for 22 chars, but how about 10 cargo bays for 1-2 alts only? I got two active GTN traders(others are just crafting and running missions), and they need lots of space to keep extra goods and mats.

Oh! I would at least like a few extra bays for my Legacy storage, I already use the majority of it in materials 1 for metal mats, 1 for bio mats and 1 for archaeology mats, 1 for companion gifts and 1 for assorted items that could be useful to other characters i.e. random drops or crew skill missions etc.

Now these are already full but I still hold some of the said items per character not per legacy.

I have 3 tabs of just crafting mats in the legacy cargo hold. Each character has 1 tab in their personal cargo hold of the mats they specificially use. Since every one of my toons craft something, I spend a good bit of time using slicing/UT/Bio etc to get the speciality mats. One tab alone is just comp gifts, the other remaining tab is stuff to sell on the GTN, which is full b/c I've been very lazy lately listing stuffs.

Space on your ship isn't infinite. Your personal inventory is limited, so is the cargo hold and legacy storage. If you don't have enough room, you have to get rid of something to make more room, that's how it is and that's how it should be. You have to choose what is more important for you, and that is fine.

I would appreciate more tabs, preferably legacy. If they have to be purchased with Cartel Coins to unlock them I see them as a bonus for Bioware- money earnt- and it gives players choices. To people who see no use for them, it has no negative impact as you don't have to unlock them if you don't want or need them. I'm not sure what the development time would be for making some extra cargo bays, but it can't be that long surely?

Space on your ship isn't infinite. Your personal inventory is limited, so is the cargo hold and legacy storage. If you don't have enough room, you have to get rid of something to make more room, that's how it is and that's how it should be. You have to choose what is more important for you, and that is fine.

Given the fact that all bays fit nicely into that one locker, I doubt they take up that much space on the ship...

My take on this ...

I would love for a 6th legacy hold. The five I have all pretty much full.

One is for bio mats, one is for metal mats, one is for crystals and archeology mats, one if just for storing companion reputation items, and the fifth is used for other crafting mats that don't fit into the other categories or for simple storage of items I want to swap between characters.

As it stands right now, each hold is big enough to keep your crafting resources categories by level. So you can devote a row to level 1, level 2, level 3, etc. But as soon as we get another crafting level increase, this is not going to be the case unless we get another row for each hold.

Under the current designs, the legacy hold and bay size is sufficient to meet most of our needs. But one more expansion, or resource level gain and this is not going to be the case.

And as for why you need to keep low level resources when your toons are 60? It is because not all of your toons are going to be sixty. At some point you will likely level an alt and you will need those resources to make items for them. Because lets face it. 12xp isn't going to be around forever. And even when using it, there are lots of class quests that don't give 12X comms. So you are always running a deficit. It is all but impossible to keep your toon and one companion appropriately geared. This is especially true around (37 - 43) level. These level class quests seem to be devoid of comm rewards. It is almost like the devs want you to buy the level 40 pvp gear to offset the lack of comms. But of course, that means doing a massive amount of pvp warzones to be able to afford even one set for yourself.

Question:

I own quite a few characters as well but I still need room for mats and outfits now.

But man I'd give up a cargo hold bay for more legacy tabs.

I had hoped that the outfit designer would help me remove some of those but BW didn't design it as a database to hold outfit looks. So now, I still have to keep certain outfits or I can never recover them (like the old rakata sets and such)

I'm keeping certain looking weapons too because I hope BW eventually allows that in the costume designer.

Then I have gear sets for class with various level ranges if and when I level something else I wont have to build another toon. Some sets with old set bonues in them.

Then the massive amount of mats I have for every profession damn near filling up my legacy cargo hold and leftovers taking space in various cargo holds.

Thats not to say all my space is filled up, but it's very limited on the main toons I like to play.

I'd like to see more space, costume designer designed so that you unlock an outfit once you bind the gear in a database sort of way and then you can get rid of that gear and go back when you want to use that "look" and let mats stack higher.

Edited by Quraswren

Try not being a Packrat.

The game pushes you into that direction through it's design.

Sure, you can get rid of everything and not hold on to gear, mats, color crystals etc... but that alone is an inconvenience not worth doing for me.

More space to take some steps to alleviate the the storage problem. I had hoped the costume designer would be one of those steps but BW didn't do that.

Maybe we can get stack size increased?

Try not being a Packrat.

I try to clear out my banks frequently. I still find myself with way more than I would like, mainly because crafting mats... which I do need to stockpile. Upping the stack size for crafting mats or implementing some kind of crafting mat bank would help the space issue significantly.

or maby make a tab for all resources like Gw1/Gw2 and the other 5 tabs just for items themselves maby, and let the resources stack to 999k just in the resource tab.

This would be too logical. Would need to be legacy !

In mot cases they don't need to add more bays, just allow resources to stack higher then 99, they should be at least 999 or 9999 or better yet unlimited.

Well it all depends on the variable type they chose for the database and application, however they should have the programming know how to change it throughout the entire application with little trouble, from database, through application and display...

...if they can't then there is a serious issue with their engineering skill levels.