Does Guild XP bonus really make a difference? Rep bonus?

With 12x XP it does for sure. Without the guild XP bonus leveling up with just 12xp, I'll get even with the class quests fairly quickly. With the guild bonus, I never catch up to being equal level.

Where the XP bonus really shows is level 55 to 60. If you don't have it, you may not make it with a new character without gaming the system a little bit.

As far as rep, there is really no time difference between Sub and Sub+Guild bonus. It still takes 5 weeks to max out most. See HERE.

Depends.

If you have 10+ toons and do content that gives rep on all of them, you have much more rep than required to max.

If not, rep bonus is useful.

XP bonus, IMO isn't that handy because I do all planetary quests except heroics and am still above my current class quest level by 5 or so. Not even talking about 12x XP.

Both are 10% maximum.

With 12x XP it does for sure. Without the guild XP bonus leveling up with just 12xp, I'll get even with the class quests fairly quickly. With the guild bonus, I never catch up to being equal level.

Where the XP bonus really shows is level 55 to 60. If you don't have it, you may not make it with a new character without gaming the system a little bit.

As far as rep, there is really no time difference between Sub and Sub+Guild bonus. It still takes 5 weeks to max out most. See HERE.

Good info, Thanks!

it does. I mean... it doesn't matter as much for quest based reputations (although I'm certainly glad that I need to do fewer GSI quests in a long run) but I find it most helpful when it comes to rep from cartel packs. I have this.... inability to resist maxing out reps, and that means fewer credits spent buying packs -> fewer credits I need to generate -> more time I can spend doing other things.

It does, but it is not major. I just finished my Sorcerer without being in guild, and she always fought green-level stuff in her class and planetary story. Hit level 55 after first Ilum quest

Now, this is going to be apples (my playstyle) and oranges (your playstyle), but my guilded 'slinger, who only did class quests (to include solo-ing BOI and FE SM) went to Rishi at one bubble short of 59. And I was doing BOI and FE at around 55, 56. I had bought the 55 bits and bobs from the vendor shortly prior to the two FPs.

I don't know what level your sage was going to Rishi, but perhaps some of that difference (if any) is attributable to guild XP?

I was on a bender when I dinged 60 but I think it was on/about Blood Hunt.

EDIT: oh, I did do the companion quests. So that was a good 75% of a level. Perhaps this is a big disregard.

Edited by thewitchdoctor

Now, this is going to be apples (my playstyle) and oranges (your playstyle), but my guilded 'slinger, who only did class quests (to include solo-ing BOI and FE SM) went to Rishi at one bubble short of 59. And I was doing BOI and FE at around 55, 56. I had bought the 55 bits and bobs from the vendor shortly prior to the two FPs.

I don't know what level your sage was going to Rishi, but perhaps some of that difference (if any) is attributable to guild XP?

I was on a bender when I dinged 60 but I think it was on/about Blood Hunt.

EDIT: oh, I did do the companion quests. So that was a good 75% of a level. Perhaps this is a big disregard.

Sure, post 12XP boosts is helps, but nothing major (i still have to get my Sorc through Makeb, Oricon, FA and SoR, so I am sure I will hit 60 without any issue there.

Rep bonus is cool, yeah. 297 is sure better than 270. And if you have 10 alts - well, that's 300 free rep right here. Then again, 300 rep is just one green token - one extra quest out of 10.

XP bonus - well, that doesn't matter that much, compared to 25% XP bonus. Basically, if you're playing with 12XP, 25% bonux XP from the boosts and rested XP, forget 10% bonus.