Sadly No Game To "Kill Wow" They will Never Learn...

Shellyn

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, in MY opinion all i noticed from my years on WoW, was the hardcore gamer complaining, the game had completely washed down any skill or difficulty and became a nuisance for the hardcore gamer, theres quite a lot to do raid wise and there where "hardcore" guilds who raided three days a week (Damn, hardcore), which then consisted of "hardcore" gamers who only played to raid those three nights.

WoW mainly caters to the casual gamer, and generally speaking everyone knows that, you get some dedicated hardcore players who enjoy it, obviously, but its still a game thats eased and dumbed down every update.

You can thank Blizzard's dev for building patches and xpacs around add-ons for that.

In all honesty i dont see the point of arguing it or debating it, let a new MMO come on the scene, is it a WoW killer? Who *********** cares, if you're not playing WoW or wanting a change from WoW, give something else a go and stop comparing (Generalisation).

It reminds me of the endless MW3 or BF3 argument, pick one, the other will still be there if it didnt live up.

Hardcore was Sleeper raiding in EQ, Hardcore was no level cap whatsoever in Text-Based MUDS, Hardcore was camping mobs for weeks on end to get one high tiered crafting item, Hardcore was looting player corpses after PKing them in UO, just to hear them QQ harder.

Nothing about any new MMO, including WoW is hardcore. As much whining goes on now about MMO's, there'd be too many rage suicides if MMO's were hardcore these days.

Here we go again with the EQ stories. A single hardmode in wow contains more fight mechanics and general awareness needed than all the raids in EQ put together.

Please, spare me your awesome stories about that joke of a game. Anyone who raided both EQ and WoW (At top levels not doing hardmodes after nerfs,overgearing, and knowing tactics) knows EQ was a joke.

Good day.

Here we go again with the EQ stories. A single hardmode in wow contains more fight mechanics and general awareness needed than all the raids in EQ put together.

Please, spare me your awesome stories about that joke of a game. Anyone who raided both EQ and WoW (At top levels not doing hardmodes after nerfs,overgearing, and knowing tactics) knows EQ was a joke.

Good day.

Words cannot express how absolutely ignorant that sounds. LOL

Sorry if the truth hurts. Not my fault.

Did you play EQ? Or are you just stating that based on your "hard mode" raids in WoW? Vanilla WoW was ok, the raids were pretty tough for those on servers where they were the first ones to enter and try out the mechanics...anything after that was fail...

WOTLK? HAHA, where you could just spam bubble the tank and steam roll the raids :D

Yeah, OK.

Did you play EQ? Or are you just stating that based on your "hard mode" raids in WoW? Vanilla WoW was ok, the raids were pretty tough for those on servers where they were the first ones to enter and try out the mechanics...anything after that was fail...

WOTLK? HAHA, where you could just spam bubble the tank and steam roll the raids :D

Yeah, OK.

Noone was talking about the dungeons/easy mode raids which clearly are the only experience you had in WoW.

Best guilds in the world wiped for ..hm... hundreds of times on the lich king HM for example. More kills barely followed after wards. Clearly they were so easy and "spam bubble tank and steam roll xD" worked for them.

Tons of wipes because of more dps needed so they had to class stack.

EQ? Spam 1 button heal your way to victory with a 75 man raid. Hardcore.

But like i said before, what would you know.

Also saying Vanilla was harder than hardmodes nowadays just proves how much of a clue you have. :rolleyes:

Maybe you'd also like to tell me how easy Yogg 0 keepers was that it took... months to kill? O that's right really easy. And months for a single guild that wiped thousands of times on it.

Always funny to hear people talk about things they have no idea about.

Edited by Skeelol

The one valid complaint in this post is about the UI. It's complete crap. Come on guys, you could have done better and you should move this straight to the top of the priority list, right under bug fixes.

Combat logs...meh...they can do a lot of good and I look forward to having them as a way to gauge my own performance but for those, I can wait a bit.

Arenas? Are you serious? Even the WoW devs. admitted that was one of the worst things they ever did to their game.

You are also wrong about lfg. There actually is one and it's called stand around in the fleet and spam /1 and it is also complete crap. Give us a non-teleporting, server-specific, dungeon finder. Put that right underneath UI fixes on the priority list.

Bioware really should poach a couple rift UI developers and let them get to work bringing the games interface and social tools into the modern era.

Arenas? Are you serious? Even the WoW devs. admitted that was one of the worst things they ever did to their game.

Actually i think it was more like the way they implented arenas were wrong in their eyes.

Edited by Carnerous

Words cannot express how absolutely ignorant that sounds. LOL

well that's his tactics: ignorant claims with no substantial facts, when you call him on those he will either ignore you, print the same statement over and over or report you

very typical

Actually i think it was more like the way they implented arenas were wrong in their eyes.

Specifically, Blizzards issue with Arenas and the reason they wish they'd never implemented them. Is that extremely small scale PvP (2v2 and 3v3) puts an extreme magnifying glass on PvP balance which they then felt pressured to react to, causing endless amounts of balancing headaches as they tried to make each class competitive in 2v2 and 3v3.

well that's his tactics: ignorant claims with no substantial facts, when you call him on those he will either ignore you, print the same statement over and over or report you

very typical

I think you forgot to read all the posts, because my friend i'm the only one who can actually come up with facts.

But whatever floats your boat. :rolleyes:

I agree about the UI, poor choice on Biowares part.

But as for things like, "add an arena or something similar because WoW put it in and it was a hit" and anything else ever mentioned like this . . . you obviously just want a WoW clone, whats the point? if everyone wants a WoW clone, and nothing more why not just play WoW?

This game is far from perfect, and even further from what I really want from an MMO, but theres parts of this game I love and enough to keep me interested, at least until I see what other future things are implemented . .

the same rules apply here that apply with any other game and indeed with just about anything in life, you don't like it, don't play it. Bioware are always open to suggestions and constructive criticism but if all you want is a complete copy of another game STILL ON THE MARKET, your best bet is to play that game

WoW is already old story.

http://ingame.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/08/08/7308666-world-of-warcraft-is-losing-players-gaining-content

http://kotaku.com/5827577/world-of-warcraft-still-losing-players

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/36351/World_of_Warcraft_Subscriptions_Continue_To_Decline_Though_More_Slowly.php

How much longer do you think will survive a game that looks worse than Super Mario 64?

And more important, a game with a player base that other mmo players avoid like the plague.

Edited by ozirizo

Check the development tracker. Additional UI customisation will come, its on the cards. It will likely just take longer than next week.

Sure they could have shipped with a ton of features that might be considered as standard fair for an MMO of this generation.

However, I would rather they implement sought after functions like UI customisation gradually and effectively. From a bug fix point of view, not shipping with full UI customisation, in my opinion, would remove a ton of factors when looking to work out bugs and fixes.

then if more bugs appear after UI customisation is added, BW will have a good idea what may be causing issues and can fix it faster.

TL;DR

In all fairness you can't expect the game to be bug free on launch and adding extra customisation to the UI off the bat would have likely added to the process of fixing issues.

loving what i was able to play so far btw (on holiday - back tomorrow and looking forward to it).