Uh Oh, the world as we know it may come to an end

asbalana

Why do you people feel the need to bash someone who leaves because they don't enjoy the game, or because they don't like the changes that are coming? Are their opinions so threatening to your own that you have to demean them to justify your own beliefs?

Sorry but he is right to feel the way he does and he is free to do it. It's not like he sat here ranting and raving. And people wonder why others say this community sucks, well that's a big reason right there.

I think you're being a bit too touchy here.

1. Asbalana made a kind comment.

2. DarthOvertone asked a question.

3. Menace said "too each his own".

4. I commented that the changes weren't a big deal to me personally.

5. Psandak concurred.

Nobody was bashing Lecaja. The 5 of us, commenting as we did, is hardly an example of "why others say this community sucks".

You've been in General Forum, right? You've probably seen vitriol and insults passed around like candy, haven't you? What is going on in this thread bears absolutely no resemblance to that.

Edited by Khevar

• Replies 357
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why do you people feel the need to bash someone who leaves because they don't enjoy the game, or because they don't like the changes that are coming? Are their opinions so threatening to your own that you have to demean them to justify your own beliefs?

Sorry but he is right to feel the way he does and he is free to do it. It's not like he sat here ranting and raving. And people wonder why others say this community sucks, well that's a big reason right there.

Quote who you are talking about, lumping everyone into "you people" is just plain ignorant and comes across as rather low browed.

But they didn't remove Crafting. They just changed it. And many of the changes have been long needed and necessary.

All while the fat-profits multi-million-making end-game crafting will stay exactly the same. So, where exactly major crafters have a problem?

I think you're being a bit too touchy here.

1. Asbalana made a kind comment.

2. DarthOvertone asked a question.

3. Menace said "too each his own".

4. I commented that the changes weren't a big deal to me personally.

5. Psandak concurred.

Nobody was bashing Lecaja. The 5 of us, commenting as we did, is hardly an example of "why others say this community sucks".

You've been in General Forum, right? You've probably seen vitriol and insults passed around like candy, haven't you? What is going on in this thread bears absolutely no resemblance to that.

This. For the record I think almost all the changes are positive ones that are going to make the game much better and far more assessable to far larger audience. Level synch is really exciting example of 4.0 potential greatness. All of the combat changes over the years have made us godlike to the 1.0 mobs and bosses and killing everything in a couple seconds isn't fun it just isn't. Like reboots for comics I honestly believe far more people are going to jump on than people like me who decide to quit. IMO the best days of this game are ahead of it. I’m not arrogant enough to think just because I quit something it’s going to fail institutions don’t work like that. The in/game reason why I quit was this one change despite the fact that everything else sounds awesome. My sole interest in Swtor are the class stories so I crafted purple schematics for every Cybertech armoring, ear pieces, and mods, Biochem implants, stims, adrenals and mepacs for all four stats. It all my schematics had been converted to the mastery stat that would be one thing but I have no interest in starting over. That might be petty I guess would be the word but it how I honestly feel.

The out of game reason why I quit is that a pet peeve of mine is when adults react like children especially when to loss which is where Swtor comes in for me. A lot of you are far younger than me so not being far removed from childhood it might not be a big deal when a 16 year old reacts to events as a 10 year old would it might even be funny but when a 40 year old does it the thing just sad. I don’t want to be that guy the grown man reacting on the forum like a ten year old so I'm getting out before I make a fool of myself over a game of all things.

I was really hoping to leave the game on a positive note to reflect the wonderful time for the hundreds if not thousands of hours I put into the game so again thank all of you for making that possible in-game and on the forum. I wish all of you the best in the game and in life in general.

Lester

This. For the record I think almost all the changes are positive ones that are going to make the game much better and far more assessable to far larger audience. Level synch is really exciting example of 4.0 potential greatness. All of the combat changes over the years have made us godlike to the 1.0 mobs and bosses and killing everything in a couple seconds isn't fun it just isn't. Like reboots for comics I honestly believe far more people are going to jump on than people like me who decide to quit. IMO the best days of this game are ahead of it. I’m not arrogant enough to think just because I quit something it’s going to fail institutions don’t work like that. The in/game reason why I quit was this one change despite the fact that everything else sounds awesome. My sole interest in Swtor are the class stories so I crafted purple schematics for every Cybertech armoring, ear pieces, and mods, Biochem implants, stims, adrenals and mepacs for all four stats. It all my schematics had been converted to the mastery stat that would be one thing but I have no interest in starting over. That might be petty I guess would be the word but it how I honestly feel.

The out of game reason why I quit is that a pet peeve of mine is when adults react like children especially when to loss which is where Swtor comes in for me. A lot of you are far younger than me so not being far removed from childhood it might not be a big deal when a 16 year old reacts to events as a 10 year old would it might even be funny but when a 40 year old does it the thing just sad. I don’t want to be that guy the grown man reacting on the forum like a ten year old so I'm getting out before I make a fool of myself over a game of all things.

I was really hoping to leave the game on a positive note to reflect the wonderful time for the hundreds if not thousands of hours I put into the game so again thank all of you for making that possible in-game and on the forum. I wish all of you the best in the game and in life in general.

Lester

Same to you though I will reiterate you at least give it a go before quitting unless of course your sub is already up and don't want to spend more money. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Asbalana and Wings wish you the best.

At this point you may want to go a month or two more, just to see the new content; nine chapters of story. In any case, keep visiting the forums. It may be the case that those of us who are seriously offput by what we are reading are wrong and the expansion is good. To us it is worth giving it a try, lol at least it will be some new stuff to see.

Asbalana here on wife's account.

So as far as we can tell the world came to an end.

We created new freebe 60s, went through the expansion, and played some of the 65 junk after. Pre expansion my wife was of the feeling that she loved the game and was willing to put up with all of it's warts. She said that she would never quit. I have always felt that, at best, SWTOR was a below average game in many ways that had some good about it. A few of the good things that come to mind were the companion system, combat animations, and general art and look of the characters and world. I kept playing, well after I would have dropped the game, because she loved it and we could play together.

Now four days after early access and playing most of the new stuff, she has decided to unsub. I absolutely hate the expansion and find the post expansion game bland, boring, and unchallenging, but have asked her to consider her decision for a week.

Although some may have a different viewpoint, I find that the world of crafting has come to an end. No point in discussing the details, but to the two of us crafting now sucks big time. It is a poor system made worse and of much less use.

To psandak I would say that there are alternatives to adapt or perish. One would be to fire the a**holes and move on.

Edited by WingsofCrystal

Asbalana, your wife and I could not have had more polar opposite reactions to the expansion. I LOVED every second of the story. I found it thrilling and humorous and exciting. Maybe I'm just easy to please, but a lot of my guildmates had similar reactions.

I only JUST finished chapter nine this morning, and started some of the interlude material (star fortress, contacts). My only comment about it to my guild this morning is that I get the feeling that my alts may languish some. Right now it feels like there is ALWAYS something to be done on my main (very reminiscent of EQ1 and AAs - always one more Alternate Advanced point/level to get; always one more contact mission to do or influence to grind).

As for the crafting system, I am still working it up: crafting components, crafting blues, REing to purple, figuring out what sells for what. Whatever leftover blues I craft I am selling on the GTN and they are selling for good prices: 25k+ for much less invested. Right now it does not feel all that much different. The only real difference I am personally seeing is that final products come out a little slower, but as I am a slow and steady wins the race kind of player...I have no problem with that. In fact, I would go so far as to say that it keeps supply lower, which means value is higher. Honestly I will probably not hit my groove for another month, but that is pretty standard for ME. Stay tuned.