L2p

LafforCry

Hi there,

just wondering if anyone has any ideas on this.

Feeling a bit bored with my lvl 60 Sorc lightning DPS I decided to roll a Sage Healer. Actually I quit liked it, until last night.

My little lvl 30 Sage was constantly chased around Huttball, Voidstar, HG and Alderaan by 2 lvl 55 Sins who thought it would be good to make me actually hate low level PVP.

Whenever they killed me, I would respawn and they were there waiting for me.

Makes the game very tiresome and exceptionally boring.

When I asked people for help in the WZ's all I got was L2P.

I think they must have had a competition to see who could kill me the most.

How can 1 level 30 Sage Healer stand up to 2 55 Sins?

No protection from the tanks, no peels, nothing.

Sorry about the rant but was just exceptionally frustrated.

Does anyone have any tips on how to survive 2 Sins?

Be greatly appreciated.

Hi there

Be greatly appreciated.

You are not supposed to. I know, midbie is trash, so the best thing you can do is level till 55 using other ways of leveling and come back into pvp then, or endure it and keep playing and improving your ways of surviving, LOS'ing and kitting, thats all. Actually, if only you, 1 player, were able to keep busy 2 enemy players, thats a profitable sacrifice, as you were greatly helping your team by making the opposite team to be in number disadvantage. It is always good to see 2 players come for you instead of 1 imho, specially if they do it repeatedly.

I know, but I like crafting and doing FP's as well as mix it with a bit of PVP.

I must say we did actually mash them at Huttball, Voidstar and HG. But it just takes the fun out of it.

It was so long ago that I levelled up my Sorc that I can't remember if I did midbie PVP LOL.

For the record, you are being ganked by two players, what makes you think you deserve to win? No class deserves to win a 1 v 2 except out of skill. Sadly there are plenty of easy mode classes that can. (You are playing one of them). Granted you are heals but you already played dps, maybe switch specs until higher lvl then jump back on healing.

Anyways use bubble stun utility that way the immediatly get stunned the moment they open up. In huttball I always jump down in pit and run and grab speed buff, then aim for the medpack...if they chase you and kill you. At least now they aren't up top to gank you. Force slow them, they can't resist slows and will depend on force speed to get anywhere. Don't cc with deflection or shroud up..more than likely they have utility to be immune to cc with deflection.

You can still slow and knockback though.

You are playing the easiest class. You make a new character and you play same class? I recommend trying something new...that will increase your skill level. Being good at a sorc is like being good at riding a tricycle. Anyone can master it because its built for beginners.

The advice I can give you is find yourself a friend that has a class with guard and is leveling. Then you will be frustrating others. He does not even need to be tank spec, I can do wonders with taunt, challenging call, guard and guardian leap on my guardian that is vigilance spec.

For the record, you are being ganked by two players, what makes you think you deserve to win? No class deserves to win a 1 v 2 except out of skill...

The OP wasn't saying he deserved to win 1 v 2, Vixen. He was talking about being spawn camped by two vastly superior toons and how demoralizing that is.

Try to carry L20 seismic grenades. Basically, when multiples are on the healer, your best bet is to drop both of them to get the distance and then hope for kiting and humping (same applies to the loiterers waiting for your god-bubble to expire later on). Do not try to heal through it, it's impossible. Get away. Later on, you will gain the 30% DR when stunned. Sins are very hard to deal with, and without the help you can only buy yourself a small head start. People who tell you you can deal with it are going to die because you can't heal them. Edited by DomiSotto

thanks for all the replies.

I know I don't deserve to win 1v2 but what satisfaction do people get from just tag-teaming 1 person throughout a few WZ's.

Most of my other toons, are around valor rank 70 but (PT/Op/Sin for PVP) apart from my Sorc but wanted to roll a Sage Healer because a) was bored of Empire side and b) fancied a crack at healing.

I don't know if this is true or not but I find if can have a go at learning your class in PVP, it helps when doing FP's/Ops and the like.

Thanks again all.

How can 1 level 30 Sage Healer stand up to 2 55 Sins?

No protection from the tanks, no peels, nothing.

You can't and you won't. Assuming that you are not a really bad healer, so get your own friends list with tanks. And troll them back (at 60 lvl). :p

my question is why would you think that a lvl 30 sage would win against a 55 sin much less 2. That is an encounter you are supposed to lose. But 8v8 pvp is about objectives, if I saw that 2, repeat 2 enemy players would always come after me, I would go AWAY from the objective and taunt them, like with words, to come kill me. And thereby take out 2 of the enemy teams top players for my one making it 7 v 8 and a win of the WZ. :cool:

thats what i would do

Amazing how people continue to misunderstand what the OP meant.

To the OP I'd say when you find yourself in those situations think of it as an opportunity to practice kiting/defending yourself. If you think of it as a challenge and try to gauge how long you last each encounter it can make an otherwise irratating warzone fun. That's the trick I use in such matches and works for me :)

Welcome to pug healing

Where your team won't peel, guard, or taunt and will then gripe "if there were only a healer on this team I would be leet"

In the op's example he seems to have gotten the attention of two knucklehead sins

(Only 1 55 sin is needed to wreck a barrier less sorc)

In your specific example the said two sins were prolly getting trolled all day by barrier full sorcs and they were taking out frustrations on you- seen tons or terrible sins in midbies lately

Those derp camping sins (you are really only camping if your team is destroying) were probably yelling at their team "cant you idiots get the ball to us- we are stealthed at the enemy goal- get us the ball"

You already said your team won the game so you did your job- a level 30 kept occupied two of the other teams best, theoretically, players distracted so good on you

Now you must remember the main rule of pug healing is most of your healing will be on yourself since rest of team scatters everywhere and will never be at the important points of crisis (mainly, wherever you are)

So you will spend the rest of wz kiting all over map keeping enemies off you

You need to abuse force slow, be smart with your cc break, use bubble on cd, and force speed to wherever the blob of derpmates, I mean teammates, are loitering- you can at least try to drag the enemies into the teeth of your team

But, yes, this is how it works

You can try to get a guard in the spawn before match starts (throw down a healing puddle and innerv around and see if any tanks toss guard on you)

If there isn't one you need to be humping pillars and keeping out of sight for much of the match and throwing heals in the most unnoticeable of places

Don't get caught in open

If your team is useless- well you get to work on kiting skills

Best of luck

Edited by Daxy

Again thanks for the replies.

Yes we won the WZ's and although keeping 2 sins occupied, it just felt like I had actually achieved nothing. Don't have the healing puddle yet and in some of the WZ's I did manage to do a fair whack at healing, until they got to me.

Kiting, very familiar with that as have experienced that a lot at lvl 60.

That's all I was getting at though, the frustration of spawn, die, spawn, die.

I think I will switch to pure PVE until I hit 55.

That's all I was getting at though, the frustration of spawn, die, spawn, die.

I think I will switch to pure PVE until I hit 55.

I know precisely what you mean, spoken to some friends a bit about this kind of thing before because I'm always surprised at how frustrated they get. Honestly my advise is to think about that kind of match as practice for kiting and using your defensive skills. The more you have that happen the better against it you'll get which will make you better in the long run.

You'll have the same issue at lvl 60 as you will in lowbies/midbies with the exception that you'll have all your skills...along with everyone else. Turn that situation into a little game of your own and you'll find yourself having fun :)

Don't listen to anyone telling you it isn't possible to kite around a couple of meleers. Your problem is you do not have all of the tools available to you. Sorcs are kings of kiters, your biggest threat is ranged, mercs/snipers mainly, if you cannot los reliably. Get bubble blind/root on overload/emersion/force mobility/10% heal bonus to self utilities by 60, I prefer them to corrupted bubble since you can heal2full easily in a flash.

You can kite around and heal2full pretty quickly and it will only get better with 3.3 as sorc healing is going to be massively op imo. We get major buffs to healing, insta force regen with no downside for corruption, and the heal buffs will only be magnified when used on yourself by the 10% bonus to any received healing from the skillful utility. There is light at the end of the tunnel, also invest in a tank buddy for guard which will make you nigh unkillable unless you are against overwhelming odds or a very good, read ranked quality, dps train that can make you work to stay alive.

:-)

Trouble I have is the guild I am in is only Empire side and have yet to make friends Rep side.

I play on TRE if anyone is about and fancies assisting a low level Sage healer :-)

Thanks for all the replies again with the kiting tips.

:-)

Trouble I have is the guild I am in is only Empire side and have yet to make friends Rep side.

I play on TRE if anyone is about and fancies assisting a low level Sage healer :-)

Thanks for all the replies again with the kiting tips.

If you're on TRE should probably check out the unofficial server forums, you'll find a lot of us there.

click for link

Do class quests or Kuat Drive Yards till you get to 41+, then try warzones again it will be easier to manage the high levels.

Even though they addressed the lesser health pools with bolster for the lvl 30-40s, you still have far less abilities and utilities than the higher lvls in mids, so they have a large advantage over you.

I wouldn't waste grenades in mids. I wouldn't waste adrenals or health packs... Not until they actually will help you survive. Just get to 41+ then you will be better off, and less frustrated.

As for when you get targeted by multiple stealths, try to learn how to make them waste their time. Kite as best you can, run around objects for LOS purposes, and you will actually become a better player for it.

Sure, they will kill you, but if you make them spend 30 secs chasing you around instead of 10 secs, that's 30 seconds your team might get a node or do something else productive.

Oh, and whatever you do, do not complain in warzone that you need peels, or these stealths are making you angry etc.

PVP is a small world on every server, and you can bet someone on your team knows those stealths on the other team, and they will tell them how you cried, which will only make them focus you more in future matches.

Be greatly appreciated.

There are two solutions, neither of which I personally like, but nessecity makes a mother of invention

1) Get a premade

2) Dont queue for warzones between levels 30 and 60.