Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Temple Chair (Basic) Exploit

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

In today's patch, we placed Temple Chair (Basic) onto the Esstran Exports vendor for one credit. After bringing the servers live today we noticed that currently, you can sell the Chair back to the vendor for 100 credits. Obviously, this is not intended. As stated before, when these issues arise we want to make sure we get out in front of it as quickly as possible and are open with you about what is being done.

For the time being, please do not buy and sell the Temple Chair (Basic) in this manner. This behavior is considered an exploit. We will be addressing this issue as soon as possible. Once fixed, we will investigate and then take appropriate action for use of this exploit.

Thanks everyone. I will pass on update as I have them.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for confirming you received the private reports about it. :)

I wonder why BioWare is suddenly so open about exploits. I guess they feel safe enough about their logs that they can still ban everyone who abused the exploit later on?

If so, then I applaud the decision to not take down the servers during European raid time and hope that you really are able to ban every single exploiter, even when they laundered the money via alt accounts. And I trust that the reason why you wait with the maintenance is because of EU primetime and not because you don't have the resources to do an emergency maintenance right now.

Edited by Jerba

Well, I was planning on buying 50 of the chairs.

I hope you can differentiate between those who just buy them and use them and those who buy them and sell them back... :eek:

I want to say that if the purchased amount is low like the 50 you mentioned it won't flag anything for exploit. Given that you'd stand to make at most about 5k credits, which is hardly gamebreaking. I'd imagine that the players that will get flagged for using an exploit are the ones that are seen buying hundreds upon hundreds.

Edited by azudelphi

Well, I was planning on buying 50 of the chairs.

I hope you can differentiate between those who just buy them and use them and those who buy them and sell them back... :eek:

should be good, probably gonna notice who's resold a whole heap of them and who binded them to their dec roster...

I want to say that if the purchased amount is low like the 50 you mentioned it won't flag anything for exploit. Given that you'd stand to make at most about 5k credits, which is hardly gamebreaking. I'd imagine that the players that will get flagged for using an exploit are the ones that are seen buying hundreds upon hundreds.

True :)

Not thinking straight, pretty tired :(

My launcher is displaying a red message, "Participation in exploits may result in administrative action against your account." I see that this issue arose today, 6/23. I know I did not buy or sell this item because I have not played at all today (6/23) until I tried to log in just now. Why is it displaying this message?

My launcher is displaying a red message, "Participation in exploits may result in administrative action against your account." I see that this issue arose today, 6/23. I know I did not buy or sell this item because I have not played at all today (6/23) until I tried to log in just now. Why is it displaying this message?

Uh...presumably to warn all players not to use this exploit?

Oh, the launcher message is 'brilliance.'

It steals away that veil of ignorance that some exploiters hide behind. "oh, I didn't know it was exploitive to buy five hundred thousand chairs and sell them all back for 50 million credits!'

Exactly as stated. They know about the exploit and are giving everyone who logs in ample warning not to participate in it. Nothing directed to you personally, it's for ALL players.

So yeah you kick me off the server to tell me this? Yeah 100 credits oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh so fancy.

What are you talking about? This exploit could potentially be used to generate an infinite (or whatever the max amount is) number of credits. Not addressing it would destroy the game's economy.

You know, an evil gold farmer would spam the crap out of the buy/sell buttons on the chairs, then spam all the fleets offering a steep steep discount on credits. Make gobs of cash from buyers all the way to the whenever the devs hotfix it. Even if Bio banned all those scammer accounts later, the farmers would still have the players money.

I hope they patch it soon.

Edited by Holocron

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.