Theran Shan?

GorkieX

What it all boils down to is... we still know very little about the actual story. All we know is... EXPLOSIONS! DARTH MARR! EMPEROR VALKORIAN! That the Republic and Empire fall, and somehow the player character is integral to the story as the Outlander. Then the other stuff, too. And you know... the over saturation of Lana. I like her, but seriously... someone else please.

I'm actually curious if he and Lana are working together again, with some of kind resistance or what have you. If they're part of the remnants of the Empire and Republic. Even if he -does- show up in Chapter 11. After reading Annihilation, and playing through Ziost... he seems to REALLY care about people he gets attached to. I can see him becoming guilt ridden... or dead set on finding you. Then in typical Theron fashion. Things go horribly wrong for him.

What I'm NOT particularly excited about is... if he does come in Chapter 11... we have to wait yet ANOTHER TWO months for him to show up... in need of rescue, or whatever he's been up to the last 5 years. I wonder if he'll be the poster boy for the next season. Kinda like how they're flaunting Lana. But hey... at least... maybe he'll be there.

That seemed kind of rambling :p Haven't had my coffee yet.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure the two superpowers haven't fallen, it seems to me more like they've suffered a heavy beating and have dug in around their core worlds. And I'm also pretty sure that the first 9 chapters will come out in that episodic pace. ie they'll come out with Chapter 1 in Oct, 2 in Nov, 3 in Dec, etc. And honestly it just gets confusing since we're at Act 5 in-game, meaning the first bit of KOTFE would put us as Act 6, then Act 7, etc.

And I'm also pretty sure that the first 9 chapters will come out in that episodic pace. ie they'll come out with Chapter 1 in Oct, 2 in Nov, 3 in Dec, etc. And honestly it just gets confusing since we're at Act 5 in-game, meaning the first bit of KOTFE would put us as Act 6, then Act 7, etc.

That isn't what we've been told. From the announcement:

The first nine Chapters will be available at launch on October 27th, with new Chapters delivered regularly following that.

Fallen Empire FAQ:

7. When will Chapters be released?

Knights of the Fallen Empire will launch with the first 9 episodic Chapters of the story. The remaining chapters will be released monthly starting in early 2016.

Going back for a moment to KotFE....Lana HAS to be working with someone from the Republic. How else would

T7 be accompanying her on our rescue.

There is definitely something more going on behind the scenes, that we just don't know yet.

Going back for a moment to KotFE....Lana HAS to be working with someone from the Republic. How else would

T7 be accompanying her on our rescue.

There is definitely something more going on behind the scenes, that we just don't know yet.

I thought that would depend on your character that is frozen

e.g. Khem Val will be there instead of T7 for SI and Mako for BH etc

If that was the case any alliance with opposite fraction might not start until you get involved . Although I like to think Theron and Lana are taking up independent searches for you and only Lana gets there first.

I thought that would depend on your character that is frozen

e.g. Khem Val will be there instead of T7 for SI and Mako for BH etc

If that was the case any alliance with opposite fraction might not start until you get involved . Although I like to think Theron and Lana are taking up independent searches for you and only Lana gets there first.

I hope they pick companions that make sense.

It will be lame if they just default to each classes' first companion. I can not imagine Kaliyo pulling off a heroic rescue after 5 years. She is, after all, more likely to sell you out than save you. Unless Lana is paying her a lot of money :rolleyes: Vector & Temple would make a lot more sense.

Pretty sure the two superpowers haven't fallen, it seems to me more like they've suffered a heavy beating and have dug in around their core worlds. And I'm also pretty sure that the first 9 chapters will come out in that episodic pace. ie they'll come out with Chapter 1 in Oct, 2 in Nov, 3 in Dec, etc. And honestly it just gets confusing since we're at Act 5 in-game, meaning the first bit of KOTFE would put us as Act 6, then Act 7, etc.

in the lkivestream the knight said he saw courcant burn, while lana said probably some sort of vision it may mean that courcant has at least taken a pounding again.

7. When will Chapters be released?

Knights of the Fallen Empire will launch with the first 9 episodic Chapters of the story. The remaining chapters will be released monthly starting in early 2016.

But that would mean that -should Theron indeed return in Chapter 11- we'd have to wait till at least February next year:eek:

They can't do that! They wouldn't do that would they?? Haha who am I kidding they totally would.

And here I was sure this agonising uncertainty would end come release at the latest.....

It will be lame if they just default to each classes' first companion. I can not imagine Kaliyo pulling off a heroic rescue after 5 years. She is, after all, more likely to sell you out than save you. Unless Lana is paying her a lot of money :rolleyes: Vector & Temple would make a lot more sense.

I think T7 is always going to be there. He's the one hacking doors and stuff to let you out. Some of your starter companions--Mako and Vette-- could probably do that, but Khem Val? Corso? Qyzen? I can't see them hacking there way out of a paper bag. I do see your romanceable companions being the ones awaiting you in Kira and Doc's place, though.

Edited by Abvora

I think T7 is always going to be there. He's the one hacking doors and stuff to let you out. Some of your starter companions--Mako and Vette-- could probably do that, but Khem Val? Corso? Qyzen? I can't see them hacking there way out of a paper bag. I do see your romanceable companions being the ones awaiting you in Kira and Doc's place, though.

I don't know. Khem can always punch through :p

But yeah it makes sense that it be someone close or at least with slicing skills. Not so sure about the idea of T7 always being there, that comes of as not really trying to me. I see no reason why any imp characters would know T7 at that point. Or why Lana would work with T7 unless having worked with the Jedi Knight which of course wouldn't be the case when playing SOR with other classes. Maybe it would be Bioware's first try at mixing up the companions.

I don't know. Khem can always punch through :p

But yeah it makes sense that it be someone close or at least with slicing skills. Not so sure about the idea of T7 always being there, that comes of as not really trying to me. I see no reason why any imp characters would know T7 at that point. Or why Lana would work with T7 unless having worked with the Jedi Knight which of course wouldn't be the case when playing SOR with other classes. Maybe it would be Bioware's first try at mixing up the companions.

Do remember that what we've seen is Chapter 3.

We don't know what comes before. Also, we've only seen the Jedi Knight's reaction, and T7 is a Knight's companion - the reaction will almost certainly be different on other classes.

There should be some kind of explanation in Chapters 1 and 2.

Diverting from KOTFE for a sec, I think I managed to recreate what I'm calling "Concept Theron Shan" - the guy in the character, guild, and legacy rename pics on the CM. The one who starts as Nikomedes Malcolm of <Jedi Order> and becomes Theron Shan of <Strategic Information Service>. I like to think this was a reference to the early ideas (and likely early name) back in whenever his character was thought up.

Anyway, I think I managed to recreate him in the Appearance Designer and made a quick little toon to test it out who got trashed soon after because I need to save my precious, precious slots. Keep in mind, the skin tones in both pics are the same, but the lighting is frustratingly different.

Face Code for those who want it

Body Type - 2

Head - 7

Scars - 1

Complexion - 18

Eye Colour - 6

Beards - 1

Hair - 20

Hair Colour - 10

Skin Colour - 8

Perhaps these "story companions" that they spoke about, are the class specific comps who....

Tag along with Lana to rescue us? Of course, that's if our crews are not captured depending on the dialog choice that we make.

I think it's always going to be

T7.

Considering that Eric said in a dev post on one of the general forum that he was going to be one of the companions we could get on multiple characters. I think Blizz was going to be like that, too. Which makes me super excited!

So now I have a list of companions forming in my head. But I'm going to have permanents that will never be rotated out :p Ever. Theron and Blizz will be two of those.

At least now I have the new inquisition DLC to keep me busy for a while. Why yes, Mr. Egghead, I have MANY questions.

I think it's always going to be

T7.

Considering that Eric said in a dev post on one of the general forum that he was going to be one of the companions we could get on multiple characters. I think Blizz was going to be like that, too. Which makes me super excited!

I hope not! I mean unless we're playing JK he won't mean anything to us. I hope if we recruit certain companions across all characters there will be a good story reason for it rather than just "hi, we don't know or care about each other but I'm here to hack this door for you."

I hope not! I mean unless we're playing JK he won't mean anything to us. I hope if we recruit certain companions across all characters there will be a good story reason for it rather than just "hi, we don't know or care about each other but I'm here to hack this door for you."

I think for the JK it will be "Hey little buddy!" While everyone else it'll be "Oh. Who's this new droid." Basically, like Luke meeting R2 for the first time.

Though, maybe the JK will forget about T7 like Obi Wan forgot about R2!

Hello there! I've been lurking in this thread ever since it started, but was unable to say a word because I currently cannot afford subscribtion. Now I referred a friend and I have 7 days to post in here.

While I am not a Theron fangirl( in the sense of character crush), nor I am a Theronmancer( although I considered him as an option for my Consular at one point, because Iresso makes me fall asleep and I consider Tharan Cedrax more of a comic relief, but in the end I decided not to just because I try to RP her as an anti-hero with a tragic past who is really too focused on her own issues to start a relationship), still I think he is a cool character and deserves to be in KOTFE along with Lana, in a role just as important as Lana. So, what I am trying to say, is that I am on your side, people!

However, I am quite concerned how long will he be a companion. What I understood from the PAX livestream is that the 1st 2 chapters will be about fighting Vitiate, however, I have reasons to be concerned what happens to him after that. Also, another character I am worried about is Zenith. I am sorry that I can't say more due to a restriction, but if anyone doesn't mind discussing datamining with me, tell me where else I can find you and we can discuss datamining without any restrictions.

I think for the JK it will be "Hey little buddy!" While everyone else it'll be "Oh. Who's this new droid." Basically, like Luke meeting R2 for the first time.

Though, maybe the JK will forget about T7 like Obi Wan forgot about R2!

Well... by the time New Hope rolled around. Obi Wan WAS kinda old :p maybe his memory lapsed or something!

That's what I tell myself at night anyway...

After I finished Ziost the other day (again)... I was wondering if I was the only one questioning whether Theron threw down the shield or not, before he gets conveniently knocked out? As Vitiate/Surro is attacking, and going crazy, and doing an impressive villain monologue (NO CAPES).

I want to think he did. But I've rewatched the scene a million times, and I'm still unsure. Might just headcanon that he does :p

The impression I got (dunno if it's it the case) is that the Emperor moved the field projector thinking or knowing it would separate Theron and the PC.

This is the impression I got as well. Especially after Vitiate says...

this isn't about your friends. This is about you and I.

Which to me, says he....

knocked out Theron and Lana to prevent them from assisting us.