EA E3 press release is talking about an expansion called Knights of the Fallen Empire

znihilist

we all know what its going to be.

another 30 minute zone that everyone will blow past then no new content, no updates, no nothing for 3 months. i don't see why anyone is jumping for joy over this. maybe if bioware did what we told them to do and fixed what is wrong with this game things would be better.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ – The largest story-driven expansion to date, Knights of the Fallen Empire, marks a renewed focus on cinematic storytelling in Star Wars: The Old Republic. The expansion will deliver on the hallmarks of what makes a great BioWare™ game: new worlds to explore, new companions to recruit, and a dynamic story that players will be able to shape based on the choices they make.

OMG if buy story they really do mean separate and even class story my head may explode

we all know what its going to be.

another 30 minute zone that everyone will blow past then no new content, no updates, no nothing for 3 months. i don't see why anyone is jumping for joy over this. maybe if bioware did what we told them to do and fixed what is wrong with this game things would be better.

Because they'd definitely spend millions of dollars on a cinematic trailer for a 30 minute daily zone.

It would be great to see some new content based off the new films, Rebels series and other new canon content, but which of course remain within the continuity of the timeline, ie. no characters or ships that wouldn't exist yet.

Maybe the worlds Jakku, Cymoon 1 and Dandoran (if they were possibly known during this time), the crossguard lightsaber, or an Inquisitor-like lightsaber.

Edited by Vitas

Because they'd definitely spend millions of dollars on a cinematic trailer for a 30 minute daily zone.

They probably didn't pay BLUR, when they can use Frostbite engine, other BW and EA studios know how to work with that. So I think that the costs were not in the tens of millions that BLUR is charging.

I want to be hyped,

a CGI style trailer of 1-4 minutes long like those 3 already in the game will be splendid experience.

But,

I lost my faith...

When I started playing in the vanilla SWTOR I played for 2 months straight. hen with each expansion game became so repetitive and boring I couldn't even bring myself to play until the end of my sub... I'll play for week or two and leave it there.

12XP was nice for leveling up alts and abuse crew skills for money, but overall I don't have faith in bioware to deliver.

Dragon age 2, Dragon age inquisition. Mass effect 3, Swtor late expansions (GSH, GSF, SOR, the Ziost addition to SOR etc..) all were let down with huge hype.

So I feel that they will have a blast cgi trailer with massive promises followed by release of buggy add-on with lack of content.

Game is being pushed mroe and more into the realm of single player in co-op mode instead of being mmo, only parts in the game I feel like multiplayer while I'm playing are the operations and pvp almost anything else is being played solo.

I want to be hyped,

a CGI style trailer of 1-4 minutes long like those 3 already in the game will be splendid experience.

But,

I lost my faith...

When I started playing in the vanilla SWTOR I played for 2 months straight. hen with each expansion game became so repetitive and boring I couldn't even bring myself to play until the end of my sub... I'll play for week or two and leave it there.

12XP was nice for leveling up alts and abuse crew skills for money, but overall I don't have faith in bioware to deliver.

Dragon age 2, Dragon age inquisition. Mass effect 3, Swtor late expansions (GSH, GSF, SOR, the Ziost addition to SOR etc..) all were let down with huge hype.

So I feel that they will have a blast cgi trailer with massive promises followed by release of buggy add-on with lack of content.

Game is being pushed mroe and more into the realm of single player in co-op mode instead of being mmo, only parts in the game I feel like multiplayer while I'm playing are the operations and pvp almost anything else is being played solo.

But solo is what a VAST majority of the population wants. We have enough forced group crap in this game as it is.

Ops and PvP do NOT make an MMO. an MMO, by definition, is a large online game with multiple people playing it. It says nothing about HOW they play it or interact with each other.

But solo is what a VAST majority of the population wants. We have enough forced group crap in this game as it is.

Ops and PvP do NOT make an MMO. an MMO, by definition, is a large online game with multiple people playing it. It says nothing about HOW they play it or interact with each other.

We can argue about the principles of mmo but in truth we play multiplayer to play a game with other people.

If the majority of my time is spent solo while I'm in this game then what's the point? there are better single player games out there.

MY personal feelings are that this game is more and more headed into the realm of solo, easy, non challenging realms and most of my time I'll do same thing over and over and over... it's not fun.

Hence I'm not hyped and will not be until I see this expansion released, this will be first expansion I won't pre-order for swtor.

We can argue about the principles of mmo but in truth we play multiplayer to play a game with other people.

If the majority of my time is spent solo while I'm in this game then what's the point? there are better single player games out there.

MY personal feelings are that this game is more and more headed into the realm of solo, easy, non challenging realms and most of my time I'll do same thing over and over and over... it's not fun.

Hence I'm not hyped and will not be until I see this expansion released, this will be first expansion I won't pre-order for swtor.

For me, and maybe others, the point is to play at my own pace with the option to group up. I love pvp too. And lightsabers.

I must agree with what another Poster said in so many words:

" The backlash from what ppl will see on Monday will be Biblical."

And that's a big understatement probably, because fact is that we all have the Highest hopes and dreams for this game. Even en those ppl that say they have no real optimism about this new Xpac, still do have hopes and dreams of what this game could or should be like.

In a Lot of ways, the way things have been going so far actually does give more credence to a SWTOR 2. Too much stuff has happened to totally dismiss the idea.

In any way, om Monday, June 15 2015. Just a day and a half away for some of us. We will find out just how much of our highest hopes and dreams will not come to bear, or maybe will.

Like i said before: I WANT MY LANA

And i hope i do, along with so much more stuff that i'm too tired to say right now.

P.S. I do Not think most of you are stupid, at least in this thread and a couple others heheh.

Lots of good guesses going around here. :)

Speculation is nice but Monday will tell us what they are up to. I try to keep expectations low.

Agreed. Best to come in with low expectations and leave happy, than to go in with high expectations and leave disappointed.

I'm really looking forward to seeing what they show.

CGI trailers always make my day, because they're fantastic. I'm guessing Blur studios will be the ones behind it?

Still waiting for the day where a company of Devs just decide to make an entire CGI Movie. I'm looking at you Blizzard and Bioware.

Whatever is going to be shown the 15th and whatever that expansion is ultimately going to be, EA's interest in the game can be a good thing, as it could mean more exposure and funding. Edited by znihilist

I've just read teh leaked page.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMNNN

Hype Train is coming... CHOO CHOO!!!! ALL ABOARD!!!

Now where do I pre order?

FYI: I'll be taking down the information in less than 6 minutes. Get what you can before I erase it.

still have 10 days left I'll see past E3 when I need to be subscribed.

if this huge madafaka amount of content is free for subscribers I'll tip my hat and clap for SWTOR team.

July 31st seems to be the start of "must have" period, or you won't get Nico companion (the gunslinger from original CGI trailers)

I've just read teh leaked page.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMNNN

Hype Train is coming... CHOO CHOO!!!! ALL ABOARD!!!

Now where do I pre order?

Holy crap, yes. Yes, yes yes.

BW, you are officially and completely forgiven.