EA E3 press release is talking about an expansion called Knights of the Fallen Empire

znihilist

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ – The largest story-driven expansion to date, Knights of the Fallen Empire, marks a renewed focus on cinematic storytelling in Star Wars: The Old Republic. The expansion will deliver on the hallmarks of what makes a great BioWare™ game: new worlds to explore, new companions to recruit, and a dynamic story that players will be able to shape based on the choices they make.

Give me Lana.

I'm shocked it's an actual expansion announcement so soon after SOR, but at the same time I knew nothing less/smaller would be given spot at EA's E3 press conference. Very exciting, especially with largest story and new companions.

Can't wait for Monday for trailer/more details!

BTW guys:

At the E3 Expo (Booth #1601), EA will give show-goers hands-on with the titles below, as well as a few surprises:
:eek: It's gonna be PLAYABLE at the show floor? Ohh wow! Edited by Pietrastor

Woot! Breaking news... :eek:

"largest story-driven expansion to date" aka a paid expansion that will be more expensive than Shadow of Revan. I don't have problems paying for it this early after SoR but I know other players do.

"Knights of the Fallen Empire" obviously a reference to KotOR. Which means the ships on the concept art really were the KotOR ships.

"new worlds to explore, new companions to recruit, and a dynamic story" Nice to see the plural there. I just hope there will also be some repeatable content and not just a story that is identical for all classes and finished in a handful of hours. We need new flashpoints, new operations! Also I hope they won't increase the level cap again because that will kill any endgame left in this game.

Looks like the Shadow Realms devs are working on SWTOR after all but will have to wait for more news to be sure.

Edited by Jerba

Wow, I must admit that I never thought I'd see the day that we'd get new companions.

Of course part of me thinks that it's just creative wording, and that Theron, Lana and Jakarro are being counted as those companions because they "join" us on our adventures (without actually joining). :p

I can't wait to hear more! :D

Sounds like Swtor's big year may turn out very impressive indeed!

Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ – The largest story-driven expansion to date, Knights of the Fallen Empire, marks a renewed focus on cinematic storytelling in Star Wars: The Old Republic. The expansion will deliver on the hallmarks of what makes a great BioWare™ game: new worlds to explore, new companions to recruit, and a dynamic story that players will be able to shape based on the choices they make.

Well... this ought to get the rumor mill churning. Admittedly I am curious.

We all kinda assumed it'd be an expansion...right?! This isn't really shocking to anyone is it?

There wasn't enough information to go by to know for sure. I was thinking it could be just a Game Update because there hasn't been enough content added with Shadow of Revan to warrant a full expansion. And at least until now, every expansion (RotHC and SoR) also increased the level cap, so I hope KotFE will break with that and keep the level at 60 so they don't make all the 55 content obsolete.

We all kinda assumed it'd be an expansion...right?! This isn't really shocking to anyone is it?

It being an expansion is certainly no surprise.

The focus of their notes on story and mention of dynamic nature, new planets, new companions... that's what has me curious. We will see... 6/15 is but a couple days away.

There wasn't enough information to go by to know for sure. I was thinking it could be just a Game Update because there hasn't been enough content added with Shadow of Revan to warrant a full expansion. And at least until now, every expansion (RotHC and SoR) also increased the level cap, so I hope KotFE will break with that and keep the level at 60 so they don't make all the 55 content obsolete.

I think it all depends if it was a paid one or not, and since we know it not IIRC (from the Road Map) then no level increase. On another point, level increase is not something you just don't mention when you already throw in that much info.

Edited by znihilist

The focus of their notes on story and mention of dynamic nature, new planets, new companions... that's what has me curious. We will see... 6/15 is but a couple days away.

Which means another level grind. lol So good reason that 12xp was implemented.

Will we be going another 5 levels up or 10 this time?! :cool: lol

Which means another level grind. lol So good reason that 12xp was implemented.

Will we be going another 5 levels up or 10 this time?! :cool: lol

I hope no level cap increase. Introduction of lateral character development appeals to me far more than vertical.

I think it all depends if it was a paid one or not, and since we know it not IIRC (from the Road Map) then no level increase. On another point, level increase is not something you just don't mention when you already throw in that much info.

Largest expansion yet = guaranteed paid expansion. Maybe even $40 bucks one

Those notes could have been copy and pasted from 3.0's notes, with the addition of "companions". There's nothing unexpected in those...nothing.