3.3, the death of dps spec off heals? lol

Floplag

im sorry but again... how do you run out of resources on a sorc? i never do on mine.

It's quite easy to run out on a Balance spec unless you just spamming TK throw. TK/Lightning is much harder. Healers played well simply cannot run out of force, but it's not as easy as people make it out to be.

By the same token, I never run out of energy on my Commando Healer or DPS Merc etiher.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's quite easy to run out on a Balance spec unless you just spamming TK throw. TK/Lightning is much harder. Healers played well simply cannot run out of force, but it's not as easy as people make it out to be.

By the same token, I never run out of energy on my Commando Healer or DPS Merc etiher.

Well, hmm. I must be a bad commando healer I can run out of energy when I focus heals hard and try to burst someone back to health. Energy goes pretty fast actually. I find myself using Kolto Shot occasionally so I hate seeing any type of nerf to it.

I can do fairly good damage, about 900-1mil offheals (not just my char, but almost everyone in my team!) on my dps sorc with 3 healing skills. And this is before 3.3. Again - i can do it as dps... Try to explain that. :rolleyes:

Also "spammable" lol, with 100 energy and no energy reductions from healing tree. Good luck!

And try to offheal your team members on dps merc. Especially to full health. :p

Lol try and get a suntan on the beach when the sun is only out 12 hours a day!

I don't get it? :confused:

Saying you cant get a suntan because the conditions aren't perfect 100% of the time is the same as saying offhealing is useless because the conditions aren't perfect 100% of the time.

Edited by fujeothree

Saying you cant get a suntan because the conditions aren't perfect 100% of the time is the same as saying offhealing is useless because the conditions aren't perfect 100% of the time.

Who said either of those things? We all have the possibility of being billionaires, that doesn't mean it's realistic for any of us.

I couldn't give a flying **** about the heal to full potential, though it was an odd nerf in 3.0. In anything but the crappiest of reg matches, nobody is going to let you just run off and spam heals on yourself like that - what mattered was what you could cast instantly (under fire) at a pinch whilst popping your DCDs and trying to LOS dps to give your healer a moment's respite. And if you're trying to off-heal you've already lost.

Our Achilles heel, and the reason we're often passed over for Ranked, is the lack of survivability in Arenas. This change makes us less survivable in arenas. End of story.

Also the nerf to kolto shot is completely inexplicable clown-shoes. There is just no good reason for it - it's garbage filler and little more than a resource builder right now.

I can't remember ever having problems with Force management on my Corruption Sorcerer, whether in PvE or PvP. OTOH, when I PvP I don't do healing at all ... I should probly just respec to Lightning for PvP ;)

I couldn't give a flying **** about the heal to full potential, though it was an odd nerf in 3.0. In anything but the crappiest of reg matches, nobody is going to let you just run off and spam heals on yourself like that - what mattered was what you could cast instantly (under fire) at a pinch whilst popping your DCDs and trying to LOS dps to give your healer a moment's respite. And if you're trying to off-heal you've already lost.

Our Achilles heel, and the reason we're often passed over for Ranked, is the lack of survivability in Arenas. This change makes us less survivable in arenas. End of story.

Also the nerf to kolto shot is completely inexplicable clown-shoes. There is just no good reason for it - it's garbage filler and little more than a resource builder right now.

Its unfortunate because having rapid scan as a merc dps, even the garbage neutered version, would actually be really nice, but losing healing scan to get it is just a dumb trade. Oh well, hopefully people complain loud enough again and all of these changes get scrapped for good.

This is a proof that developers have no idea about game or they are just retarded, merc-commando dps off heal is worst and sorcerer off heal almost near to helaer level and you are buffing sorcerer-sage off healing? is this a *********** joke. So we are xpecting these guys save the game make class balance i am not sure they can manage to do even 1 correct move. We need developers with functioning brain. Is this bioware's way to kill the game?

This is a proof that developers have no idea about game or they are just retarded, merc-commando dps off heal is worst and sorcerer off heal almost near to helaer level and you are buffing sorcerer-sage off healing? is this a *********** joke. So we are xpecting these guys save the game make class balance i am not sure they can manage to do even 1 correct move. We need developers with functioning brain. Is this bioware's way to kill the game?

I've only used the term offheal on this thread because it's what everyone else is calling it, but this isn't meant to be a buff to Merc offheals. It's meant to be a buff to Merc survivability by making their own heals more accessible to them.

I've only used the term offheal on this thread because it's what everyone else is calling it, but this isn't meant to be a buff to Merc offheals. It's meant to be a buff to Merc survivability by making their own heals more accessible to them.

You know, this is probably accurate regarding the dps merc. Somehow, they believe this gives the merc higher survivability.

But, this fails to address the changes to the healing merc. I am not sure how that helps anything. There must be some hidden metrics thing that I don't know showing these changes will actually benefit the healing merc.

Metrics. The science no one understands but the game developers. :p

You know, this is probably accurate regarding the dps merc. Somehow, they believe this gives the merc higher survivability.

But, this fails to address the changes to the healing merc. I am not sure how that helps anything. There must be some hidden metrics thing that I don't know showing these changes will actually benefit the healing merc.

Metrics. The science no one understands but the game developers. :p

What changes to healer Mercs? There are no changes to healer Mercs.

Oh Fujeo. You make points based on not even knowing the whole facts. This shows that you are just trolling for the sake of trolling.

If you understood the changes to the game proposed in the newest PTS patch, etc., you would also know that yes, healing mercs also have some changes being proposed.

For your reading enjoyment I have copied and pasted the patch notes, because obviously finding and reading the PTS patch notes is too hard for you to do on your own. That or, you read it and comprehended none of it.

Anyway. Here you go! It's the part in yellow, below... Just so you aren't confused as to what to read. :p

Combat Medic

Advanced Medical Probe is now part of the Combat Medic Discipline, available at level 10. The healing dealt by Advanced Medical Probe has been increased.

Medical Probe has been removed from the Combat Medic Discipline and is now available to all Commandos. The healing dealt by Medical Probe has been reduced.

Quick Thinking has been redesigned: Quick Thinking now increases the critical healing chance of Medical Probe by 5%.

Field Medicine now increases the healing dealt by Medical Probe by 5%, but no longer increases the healing dealt by Advanced Medical Probe.

Oh Fujeo. You make points based on not even knowing the whole facts. This shows that you are just trolling for the sake of trolling.

If you understood the changes to the game proposed in the newest PTS patch, etc., you would also know that yes, healing mercs also have some changes being proposed.

For your reading enjoyment I have copied and pasted the patch notes, because obviously finding and reading the PTS patch notes is too hard for you to do on your own. That or, you read it and comprehended none of it.

Anyway. Here you go! It's the part in yellow, below... Just so you aren't confused as to what to read. :p

Combat Medic

Advanced Medical Probe is now part of the Combat Medic Discipline, available at level 10. The healing dealt by Advanced Medical Probe has been increased.

Medical Probe has been removed from the Combat Medic Discipline and is now available to all Commandos. The healing dealt by Medical Probe has been reduced.

Quick Thinking has been redesigned: Quick Thinking now increases the critical healing chance of Medical Probe by 5%.

Field Medicine now increases the healing dealt by Medical Probe by 5%, but no longer increases the healing dealt by Advanced Medical Probe.

None of those changes are of any significance. They're just redesigning talents to accommodate the AMP/MP switch.

None of those changes are of any significance. They're just redesigning talents to accommodate the AMP/MP switch.

But, they are changes. And, I agree they are rather insignificant which is why I question what the motives behind them truly are. I don't get it. That's why I said, metrics must show something I do not see or understand.

Point is, they are changes. and you said:

You did not say, "there are no "significant changes", you said "no changes" indicating I was wrong in what I wrote.

Fujeo, I love reading your posts because, they are wrought with contradictions throughout every one of them. It's like reading a suspense novel! I never know what is going to come out in the next post you write!

Keep up the posts, I need some entertainment here on the boards while I wait (forever) for PTS to download on my computer. FFS it's like waiting for an entirely new game to DL. :confused:

I don't understand the changes to the merc bodyguard (heal) spec. Why reduce the healing dealt by Rapid Scan? Why reduce the healing dealt by Med Shot? And why buff sorcs at the same time? Mercs already have it rough as heals in solo ranked. Why buff sorcs? :confused:

Didn't you know? BW wants sage / sorc to be ultra EZ mode, and give them an easier time dealing with all other classes.