Is this the vocal minority?

Retro-

Most of the Vocal Majority are not playing an MMO to play an MMO. Just like the 60% that want a LFD finder. They want an easy que game where most of the people that dont want one or dont care that there is not one are in game progressing being part of communities.

Most of the Negative QQs about how buggy the game is are spending more time crying about it then finding a way around the bug. I have a bug in the game as an IA, the Take Cover option always get re-enabled when ever I join a group, do a space mission, or do anything other then quest on the planet I am on. I am not QQing about how broke the game is. I made a simple post saying hey this feature I feel is broken here is what is going on. Then I go back in game.

People QQing about the Server Queues are not offering constructive ways to resolve it. They also are not creating characters on low population servers.

It just seems the Vocal majority seems to feed off of negativity and do not offer logical constructive reasoning behind their QQs.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's pretty sad, honestly.

All the people who come here whining and about what, really? a £40 game that in 20 years they will either look back on fondly or have forgotten... put some perspective on it people.

I've been playing since day 3 of headstart. I'm taking my time and have been busy with Christmas and now have a new year party to plan. I'm level 24, just arrived on Nar Shaddar, and am absolutly astounded by the game, and having a boat load of fun, as is my entire guild. I've not heard one person complain in game, in any chat channel and everyone has been having fun and working through the content together.

You'd think something totally different if you came to the forums...

Of course saying that on these forums INSTANTLY makes me a fan-boy or something. Because hey, only haters can post on the forums, right?

Don't worry about this place, OP. The forums for ANY game are full of whiney, self-entitled, expectant losers, who think a brand new game should match a game that had seven years of development pored into it. My advice? Stay in the parts of the forum you're interested in, stay AWAY from general, and that goes for any forum.

This is the problem when you give everyone a voice. People don't know how to use it.

Edited by LilPika

Server forums will not be implemented (already confirmed), now there's a worthy topic to QQ about. What a retarded move from BW, and will cost subs guaranteed.

Yes OP, this is the vocal minority. The people that enjoy are out there actually playing and enjoying the game and upon seeing these forums they just leave perplexed because it sounds like they are talking about a different game.

People like this guy i just quoted, for example.

They come here to QQ about every single little thing like its the end of the world. Honestly who in their right mind cares about Realm forums?! WoW had them and they are the most inactive forums they have. Nobody cares.

I suspect they are spoiled kids, because no one with a job and a brain can come here and moan about every little pointless thing like its the end of the world. Its unsightly, but i guess its a true picture of the real average intellect level of humanity these days.

Edited by Nemmar

not at all.

Before the game launched and you could add polls in the Beta forums (forums for people who were in beta played the game) There was even more threads about how this game was broken and this game is fail then there are now.

So a poll went around that asked what would you rate the game between 1-10

out of 5,500 people

93% of them rated the game as a 8 or above.

around 5% rated it at a 5 or below.

So yes there is such a thing as a vocal minority.

They have 1 million accounts most people are playing the game and having fun. A very small group is here complaing.

Just look at any of these complaint threads and for every 1 person complaing you will find 10 people who in that same thread are enjoying the game.

To add to this. When seeing the number of negative threds it is important to take note of who is creating them. There is at least one poster here that seems to have made it is personal mission to post nothing but doom and gloom threads. I know at one point he had three threads on the first page and I've seen him make at least two more since then.

The best thing is that after the free 30 days and all these complainers and cry babies quit the game they won't be allowed back on the forums unless they re subscribe so then our response to all their QQ can be, if the game is so horrible why did you choose to pay for it beyond your free time????

All of the complaints on the forums, all of the QQ and whining about how bad this game is, and all of the people saying that this is a SP game with fail MMO mechanics... Is this the vocal minority or just the majority? I really love this game and I want it to succed, I know swtor has a a great future ahead of it with patchs coming and more content, but why are people just degrading this game so so bad. Every time I read the forums its just constant negativity and crying going on. Can't we just get server forums already so we can communicate with like minded people who actually want to play this game, instead of just basically reading the QQ forums.

I mean how many of you people actually love SWTOR and will be playing this game for years to come?

they are just entitled generation, minorities who never played the first 2-3years of an mmo

People quitting over no server forums?

That's a pretty terrible reason to quit.

Can you imagine if these people played WoW back in vinilla? When they didn't even HAVE forums to avoid all _THIS_ crap we're having to put up with. Bioware... take a page out of that book!

they are just entitled generation, minorities who never played the first 2-3years of an mmo

I would agree with you Mrshush. I keep reading how buggy this game is, however none of them have any experience beyond Rift at launch. I was playing WoW in the first few days upon release, I could hardly play them few days. SWG Dont get me started about that massive launch failure. Did Aion Beta and I didnt play because the bugs there and I didnt like that game. I Did the Rift release and that was so so, better then WoW and SWG.

What gets me though. Everyone wants to QQ about things but never offers a solution or understand Bug fixes will take time, look the patch server is up and it has bug fixes. So fixes are in coming but they want it today, right now, 30 seconds ago.

All of the complaints on the forums, all of the QQ and whining about how bad this game is, and all of the people saying that this is a SP game with fail MMO mechanics... Is this the vocal minority or just the majority? I really love this game and I want it to succed, I know swtor has a a great future ahead of it with patchs coming and more content, but why are people just degrading this game so so bad. Every time I read the forums its just constant negativity and crying going on. Can't we just get server forums already so we can communicate with like minded people who actually want to play this game, instead of just basically reading the QQ forums.

I mean how many of you people actually love SWTOR and will be playing this game for years to come?

I can guarantee you that it's a TINY minority. Most of the whining threads are made by the same 4-5 people.

I would agree with you Mrshush. I keep reading how buggy this game is, however none of them have any experience beyond Rift at launch. I was playing WoW in the first few days upon release, I could hardly play them few days. SWG Dont get me started about that massive launch failure. Did Aion Beta and I didnt play because the bugs there and I didnt like that game. I Did the Rift release and that was so so, better then WoW and SWG.

What gets me though. Everyone wants to QQ about things but never offers a solution or understand Bug fixes will take time, look the patch server is up and it has bug fixes. So fixes are in coming but they want it today, right now, 30 seconds ago.

It's not 2004

It's not 2004

It's not 2004

It's not 2004

It's not 2004

It's not 2004

It's not 2004

It's not 2004

It's not 2004

And yes, RIFTs release was much better than Swtor's was

Edited by scrynen

Love the game, don't care for any forums. The 'QQ'ers are just looking for any excuse to hit that WoW-pipe again. Every MMO is a clone of another. This game has everything I want in it; the ability to play COMPLETELY SOLO.

Pick your class, play your class, ignore the dying idiots around you.

Schools start back soon, enjoy the short-lived drama.

It's not 2004

It's not 2004

It's not 2004

It's not 2004

It's not 2004

It's not 2004

It's not 2004

It's not 2004

It's not 2004

Hey Scrynen. There has never been any piece of software that has been release in the whole history of computing that has not been buggy. Nice try. Your post is as good as spam that wants you to buy something useless.

It's not 2004

It's not 2004

It's not 2004

It's not 2004

It's not 2004

It's not 2004

It's not 2004

It's not 2004

It's not 2004

im not super happy about swtor but rift was simply a mediocre MMO, please stop mentioning it

I was on WARs boards after release and the hate threads dwarfed these. So, by that bit of unscientific polling, I think SWTOR is achieving pretty good success.

True that. WAR's largest problem was that it wasn't WoW, and people never gave it the time to fix the problems it suffered from at launch. I think TOR won't suffer the same fate so long as Bioware keeps at it.

Everyone I've talked to who has actually played the game seems to love it so far.

i honestly can't wait till the first month is over and the freebies quit, with over 2.5 million pre-orders, if over a million left i really wouldn't care.

Hell i'd be happy with a pop of 500k dedicated and nice community.

Every new mmo that has launched over the past few years, their forums are exactly like this, kids whining it's not "wow"

hahahahahahhhahaahah!

True that. WAR's largest problem was that it wasn't WoW, and people never gave it the time to fix the problems it suffered from at launch. I think TOR won't suffer the same fate so long as Bioware keeps at it.

Everyone I've talked to who has actually played the game seems to love it so far.

as a pvp MMO WAR was awesome, the only ppl that hated it was either carebears that wanted a pve mmo or baddies that got sick of being farmed

swtor is a pve game so doesnt make much sense comparing both.

Edited by Shortcake

It's not 2004

It's not 2004

It's not 2004

It's not 2004

It's not 2004

It's not 2004

It's not 2004

It's not 2004

It's not 2004

You can say it once, we get it.

Also, that's an incredibly subjective statement. Many people also hold ToR's launch above RIFT's.

ToR put more work into the story aspect instead of the typical MMO conventions.

Does this mean that the game can't be fixed to adhere to more MMO guidelines?

No.

Judging by the one response we've got from BioWare, I'd say they're listening to the community.

Have faith, man.

People quitting over no server forums?

That's a pretty terrible reason to quit.

Here's the question I've asked (but have never gotten answered).

I've always been told (both by forum posters and even developers) that the vast majority (community) either completely ignores the forums or has no idea it even exists.

Now if this is true, how are server forums supposed to build a "community" if the "community" either completly ignores or doesn't know the forums even exist?

yea, i didnt, but i played it later and its still my fav pvp MMO

swtor is prolly the worst MMO i've ever played when it comes to pvp, not because of balance, but because there is no pvp, besides warzones.

I've world PvP'd plenty.

Your opinion doesn't apply to everyone else.