Twi'lek Purple Skin

I have to say...I'm actually pretty upset that we still haven't had any....any updates to this race while others have. Even newer races have got more options. If they can do it for Paxton, they can do it for players. Edited by Grymmjow

I have to say...I'm actually pretty upset that we still haven't had any....any updates to this race while others have. Even newer races have got more options. If they can do it for Paxton, they can do it for players.

It's what has been bugging me the most about the entire situation. Paxton Rall has the yellow Sith eyes (for reasons unknown to me, btw) as well as the purple skin colour people have been requesting for ages for the Twi'lek! It's like Bioware wanted to pull a joke on us by going: hey, here is a Twi'lek with all the customization options you have been asking for, but you can't use the customization options yourself, muahahahahaha!"

It's what has been bugging me the most about the entire situation. Paxton Rall has the yellow Sith eyes (for reasons unknown to me, btw) as well as the purple skin colour people have been requesting for ages for the Twi'lek! It's like Bioware wanted to pull a joke on us by going: hey, here is a Twi'lek with all the customization options you have been asking for, but you can't use the customization options yourself, muahahahahaha!"

Yep. I'm not sure why they hate this race so much. We've asked for more colors, more eye options, more tattoos but they just seemingly laugh in our faces with Paxton. Really makes me sad.

Come on BioWare, we have Paxton Rall who's a purple Twi'lek companion (who I'm very thankful for), but couldn't we just go the extra mile and put a purple skin in character appearances, via a new Twi'lek customization pack.

No purple species: SAD:(

Edited by BlackSilverDawn

Yep. I'm not sure why they hate this race so much. We've asked for more colors, more eye options, more tattoos but they just seemingly laugh in our faces with Paxton. Really makes me sad.

Bioware said the reason why the Twi'leks didn't get new appearance customization options is because they are incredibly difficult to code or something. They weren't entirely clear on it, so a follow up on that from the team would be neat.

Likely they were testing things out on Paxton Rall and then decided "hey, this looks cool, let's make a companion out of him". Which is nice and all, but I want the yellow Sith eyes and purple skin for my toons, not companions xD

Bioware said the reason why the Twi'leks didn't get new appearance customization options is because they are incredibly difficult to code or something. They weren't entirely clear on it, so a follow up on that from the team would be neat.

Likely they were testing things out on Paxton Rall and then decided "hey, this looks cool, let's make a companion out of him". Which is nice and all, but I want the yellow Sith eyes and purple skin for my toons, not companions xD

Sadly they're not telling the truth on that. It's literally a skin and you can rip from the files and color. It's no harder then doing it to eyes on humans or adding new hair styles...or cyborg parts. I feel they just hate the race and are being lazy.

Edited by Grymmjow

Sadly they're not telling the truth on that. It's literally a skin and you can rip from the files and color. It's no harder then doing it to eyes on humans or adding new hair styles...or cyborg parts. I feel they just hate the race and are being lazy.

As you say yourself, you base your premise on a feeling, not a fact. I doubt they would lie about such a thing and the team is definitely not lazy. Just look at how they kept working on the game during the pandemic. Perhaps the issue seems easy to you from the outside, but on the inside the system is a lot more complicated. A simple rip from the files and colour may not be possible if the line of coding doesn't align, or it may cause major issues for other lines of coding. Sadly, we don't know because Bioware never told us.

But I find it highly unlikely that Bioware would hate a playable species they put into the game themselves. If they truly hated the Twi'lek, they wouldn't have made them a playable species within the game :p as such, I prefer to apply Ockham's razor here and assume they are telling the truth about it being difficult to implement. Especially because there is no valid reason for Bioware to hate a species they developed and put into the game themselves.

Edited by Ylliarus

As you say yourself, you base your premise on a feeling, not a fact. I doubt they would lie about such a thing and the team is definitely not lazy. Just look at how they kept working on the game during the pandemic. Perhaps the issue seems easy to you from the outside, but on the inside the system is a lot more complicated. A simple rip from the files and colour may not be possible if the line of coding doesn't align, or it may cause major issues for other lines of coding. Sadly, we don't know because Bioware never told us.

But I find it highly unlikely that Bioware would hate a playable species they put into the game themselves. If they truly hated the Twi'lek, they wouldn't have made them a playable species within the game :p as such, I prefer to apply Ockham's razor here and assume they are telling the truth about it being difficult to implement. Especially because there is no valid reason for Bioware to hate a species they developed and put into the game themselves.

I hate to burst your bubble...every game company is still working during the pandemic. The issue is easy to fix and how you're defending them when they clearly have no issues with adding new skin colors to twi'leks with Paxton or playable races such as Torgutas and Nautalon.

My point is if you really think that it's hard or impossible to change colors on skins in any game you're wrong. I would of been satisfied with them saying it's low priority but for them to say it's way to hard is a straight up lie.:t_rolleyes: oh look...even an emote for Twi'leks that's purple.....On that note I highly doubt we will ever see anything done for Twi'leks.

Edited by Grymmjow

I hate to burst your bubble...every game company is still working during the pandemic. The issue is easy to fix and how you're defending them when they clearly have no issues with adding new skin colors to twi'leks with Paxton or playable races such as Torgutas and Nautalon.

My point is if you really think that it's hard or impossible to change colors on skins in any game you're wrong. I would of been satisfied with them saying it's low priority but for them to say it's way to hard is a straight up lie.:t_rolleyes: oh look...even an emote for Twi'leks that's purple.....On that note I highly doubt we will ever see anything done for Twi'leks.

Difference is Paxton is a unique model, who was made from the start the way he is and is not customizable, you can't change his appearance or put outfits on him, which requires probably far less work to do than change an entire species of playable characters.

Togruta and Nautolan are newer species who were created from the start with all the options they curently have already in mind (and recieved their fare share of criticism for not looking like the NPCs of the same species), while the Twi'lek were created at the launch of the game, and it seems that they're harder to work with now, without breaking something along the way.

If all you have to express is misplaced hate and far-fetched conspiracy theories about the devs hating the Twi'leks, I sadly cannot take you seriously. If Charles Boyd says the team is looking at ways to introduce new customization options for the Twi'lek but that's it's difficult because the person who coded them created a very complex coding system, then I believe him. You'll have to forgive me for believing the developers of the game who actually know what they're talking about over a random stranger on the internet with no qualifications whatsoever.

Edited by Ylliarus

+1 Signed and Supported. Just give us [a] purple playable species, please. Idc how you do it, just make it happen without turning the endeavor into a long drawn out snail's pace. Even a Pantoran with purple hair would be a good leap forward. Edited by Willjb

• 2 weeks later...
Pink, white, teal, brown, beige, orange, black, and grey would also be cool.

While it would already be huge if we got at least one new skin colour... I am all for these suggestions! Black skin on the Twi'lek would look amazing I think, especially for Twi'leks who are Sith :D imagine if they also had the yellow or red Sith eyes, they would look epic as Sith!

Edited by Ylliarus

While it would already be huge if we got at least one new skin colour... I am all for these suggestions! Black skin on the Twi'lek would look amazing I think, especially for Twi'leks who are Sith :D imagine if they also had the yellow or red Sith eyes, they would look epic as Sith!

Wouldn't that make them harder to see at night though!? LOL

I was thinking the same thing...lol

Haha, ikr? It would be really cool.

On a different subject unrelated to the above quoted post, I just realise the OP made this thread five years ago. For five years this thread has been up here in Cartel Market Suggestions and we still don't have purple skin for the Twi'lek. Like, do the devs fail to notice this thread? Do the people responsible for the Cartel Market not look in here for ideas and suggestions?

Because various other species received new customization options fairly quickly after they were requested. If I am not mistaken, the Cathar got new hairstyles relatively shortly after someone asked for it on one of the Suggestions forums. The yellow Sith eyes customization option inspired after Empress Acina and Arcann also came relatively swiftly on the CM after it had been campaigned for. Yet this thread has been consistently on the first page over long stretches of time with a lot of replies and views... and yet the devs have not noticed?

And as it turns out, there is no difficulty with adding new appearance customization options for the Twi'lek. I tweeted Charles Boyd about it the other day and he replied with confusion as to why I thought it was difficult for the team to add in new appearance customization options for the Twi'lek, stating this was not so. Here is a link to the Tweet in question.

Haha, ikr? It would be really cool.

On a different subject unrelated to the above quoted post, I just realise the OP made this thread five years ago. For five years this thread has been up here in Cartel Market Suggestions and we still don't have purple skin for the Twi'lek. Like, do the devs fail to notice this thread? Do the people responsible for the Cartel Market not look in here for ideas and suggestions?

Because various other species received new customization options fairly quickly after they were requested. If I am not mistaken, the Cathar got new hairstyles relatively shortly after someone asked for it on one of the Suggestions forums. The yellow Sith eyes customization option inspired after Empress Acina and Arcann also came relatively swiftly on the CM after it had been campaigned for. Yet this thread has been consistently on the first page over long stretches of time with a lot of replies and views... and yet the devs have not noticed?

And as it turns out, there is no difficulty with adding new appearance customization options for the Twi'lek. I tweeted Charles Boyd about it the other day and he replied with confusion as to why I thought it was difficult for the team to add in new appearance customization options for the Twi'lek, stating this was not so. Here is a link to the Tweet in question.

Hmmm imagine that....I do coding. When I said it wasn't hard and they just don't care for twi'leks I wasn't just talking out my butt. Yet you attacked me for saying it. I'm glad I didn't respond to you white knighting them and believing them blindly. With what I was going to say a couple weeks ago. All I'll say is. I told you so.

Also I would much rather have more skin colors, tats and eye color rather than headbands. Even with your tweet. I highly doubt anything will be passed along but, thanks for reaching out to him to let him know.

Edited by Grymmjow

Hmmm imagine that....I do coding. When I said it wasn't hard and they just don't care for twi'leks I wasn't just talking out my butt. Yet you attacked me for saying it. I'm glad I didn't respond to you white knighting them and believing them blindly. With what I was going to say a couple weeks ago. All I'll say is. I told you so.

Also I would much rather have more skin colors, tats and eye color rather than headbands. Even with your tweet. I highly doubt anything will be passed along but, thanks for reaching out to him to let him know.

I still won't agree with your belief that the devs hate the Twi'lek. It is a ludicrous assumption based on no factual evidence other than your gut feeling. However, I will admit that you were right regarding the coding not being the issue. I was following the information that the devs had provided and you can't hold that against me. It's logical to believe that the developers of a game know their game the best.

If Charles Boyd states that he will pass along the tweet to the team, I fully trust that he will do such. I am therefore convinced that sooner or later we will see new customization options released for the Twi'lek. The devs are well aware of how badly players want new customization options for this species, so I am sure they will listen to the request eventually.

Edited by Ylliarus

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...