The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Ability Delay -- Character Responsiveness (This will make or break SW:TOR)

Xcore

If it's a laggy interrupt that's the problem I can almost guarantee you guys do not have ability queue window turned to 0.0, and that's the problem.

You know, the more I read and see this response of changing the queuing to 0.0 from 0.5 the more upset I get. I am generally very nice and understanding but this is slowly but surely going to make me do a very offensive rage-post.

Who do you believe you are? You have the "nerve" to respond to a serious subject, a thread that has over 85,000 views within just over 24 hours and 2,000 replies full of fruitful discussion. YET YOU, yes YOU... have the nerve of not reading past page 10 (where this has been woefully disproven already, and many times over in the thread) come all the way to the end of the discussion, page 200 ish and spew your un-informed garbage?

Who in the hell do you think you are?

You, as well as every other person who responds with the ability queue timer do nothing but show your lack of intellect as well as comprehension.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I also am not going to bother to read all 180 pages, but for a very different reason.

Having played WoW for many thousands of hours, I know exactly what you mean. So far I hadn't really thought about it, and it hasn't bothered me much (yet), but you're right Xcore, it's definitely there.

Thank you for your eloquent post.

For me PvE works great, feels fine. Flashpoints are fluid and fun and so is soloing.

PvP warzones on the other hand seem to have some kind of bug where abilities regularly fail to activate, have delays in casting, or characters are jumping around.

It's not an FPS or latency issue, both of these are fine on my end when these problems are occuring.

It seems to me to be a problem with PvP in particular and it needs to be fixed pronto.

Why all of a sudden did 140 pages of comments disappear from this thread?

XCore, you mentioned earlier that you had other means of reaching out too BW, and would do so after work.

I am 100% behind you on this issue, and if there is anything I can do to help voice this issue, and atleast getting a flipping response, please let me know.

You know, the more I read and see this response of changing the queuing to 0.0 from 0.5 the more upset I get. I am generally very nice and understanding but this is slowly but surely going to make me do a very offensive rage-post.

Who do you believe you are? You have the "nerve" to respond to a serious subject, a thread that has over 85,000 views within just over 24 hours and 2,000 replies full of fruitful discussion. YET YOU, yes YOU... have the nerve of not reading past page 10 (where this has been woefully disproven already, and many times over in the thread) come all the way to the end of the discussion, page 200 ish and spew your un-informed garbage?

Who in the hell do you think you are?

You, as well as every other person who responds with the ability queue timer do nothing but show your lack of intellect as well as comprehension.

I lol'd at this. I feel you dude. These people are literally too dense to understand what we're talking about.

The sad truth is I'm afraid this is a fundamental problem with the engine, could they have made it to release without addressing this issue if it was in fact fixable?

Edited by Godsfear

This is kind of in the same problemarea.

Just frapsed my self healing in a cantine. Had 120fps and around 70ms.

(i5 2500k, 16gb ram, ssd, 560ti)

(ps: I'm not a clicker, just to show you the spells I used :D)

Edited by badchx

Why all of a sudden did 140 pages of comments disappear from this thread?

XCore, you mentioned earlier that you had other means of reaching out too BW, and would do so after work.

I am 100% behind you on this issue, and if there is anything I can do to help voice this issue, and atleast getting a flipping response, please let me know.

I left a message at Bioware Austin with my name and contact information (as I believe they were closed) simply pointing towards this thread and letting them now I am willing to help clarify or define this further if they'd like to open dialogue with me directly on this.

They got my number so I am trying...

Amazing... adding to original post... tyvm! My fiancee appreciates it especially as she has been going on about this since she started her Consular.

Ty again for this contribution

Want to thank the OP for phrasing the issue in such a well thought out manner, also wish I could thank Bio ware for an answer(but unfortunately they haven't given one). And would just like. To respond to all the people saying it was fixed. It definitely was not fixed I have tried a few different characters cast time abilities and some of the abilities that would seemingly start to fire and then reset seem a little better but not fixed and instants like my Gaurdian's kick are still not happening until after the animation of the last ability, which as has been stated numerous times is unacceptable for interrupts there is no point to having them if they don't happen until after the target has finished their ability.

Oh and just because I have read through this topic I did make sure to set my ability queue to 0.0 interrupt still didn't fire until after the previous animation had finished.

Edited by AlJohnson

I left a message at Bioware Austin with my name and contact information (as I believe they were closed) simply pointing towards this thread and letting them now I am willing to help clarify or define this further if they'd like to open dialogue with me directly on this.

They got my number so I am trying...

That is awesome. Thank you for being a leader in voicing this issue for the people that know there is an issue, and even for the people too naive to see it or understand it yet.

Still don't understand why 140 pages of discussion disappeared...

That is awesome. Thank you for being a leader in voicing this issue for the people that know there is an issue, and even for the people too naive to see it or understand it yet.

Still don't understand why 140 pages of discussion disappeared...

What do you mean disappeared? I see all 181...

First response here, I was feeling the clunkiness early on before even reading this thread. I like my games fast and fluid, but everything else about SWTOR has been amazing, minus the combat speeds and animations. A good way to demonstrate the delays is to repeatedly activate a skill with a cast time. Due to the animations, usually standing up and crouching from cover, there is alway ~0.1 - 0.5 sec delays in between cast bars, which really takes away from the fluidity of the combat. I'd make a video on my gunslinger to demonstrate it, but I have no recording software.

I agree with the original poster wholeheartedly. I never played beta so I was not accustomed to the odd delay in abilities and animations. I have noticed at the end of fights also that I will get the experience notification in the chat window but my character is still fighting for a fraction of a second after I see the text.

I'd like to show some support for this.

The first time I logged into Warhammer Online I immediately noticed the incredible engine lag between my input and my character's actions. It completely ruined my "connection" with my character. The game felt much more like I was doing the same thing over and over and I never had a single moment in that game where I felt like like I was "reacting" to the things around me in a tactical manner. It ruined the game.

I never bought Rift for the above mentioned problem. I BARELY bought this game and I am a huge Star Wars fan. I have read almost every Star Wars novel and KotoR is my favorite game of all time to this day. BUT I ALMOST DID NOT BUY THE GAME FOR THIS VERY PROBLEM.

Please Bioware, keep me past the story. I can gaurantee my subscription will be canceled upon the story finish for the Jedi Sage unless this issue is taken care of. It is VITAL for my immersion.

That shows that the mount problem is specific for the mount i think.

I have been following this thread since yesterday, and now all of a sudden it went from 180 pages of discussion, to a total of 46.

I think its you that is bugged out, similar thing happened to me but its fine now I believe... I can go to any of the past 182 pages currently.